It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Was reading through an old thread by Sceptic, and what can one say? Other than the effectiveness of corporate manipulation. Personally, I’ve seen my opinions aligning with what’s classically left, then another associated with conservative. Obviously, it’s not as binary as left vs right. Or is it? How much are you driven by team sports? Have you really thought about it?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consumer
Was reading through an old thread by Sceptic, and what can one say? Other than the effectiveness of corporate manipulation. Personally, I’ve seen my opinions aligning with what’s classically left, then another associated with conservative. Obviously, it’s not as binary as left vs right. Or is it? How much are you driven by team sports? Have you really thought about it?

This is interesting in I have said many times that I come off as somewhat far right and I have said that it may seem that way because it seems I'm debating with very far-left points of view. I see myself as very moderate as I can jump back and forth across the lines depending on the situation at hand.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I see a high-level game of ping pong with corporations, politicians and government branches being the paddle with citizens being the ball.

It recent times the game seems to have evolved to more closely resemble a cut-throat game of hockey. Same elite players, with citizens having zero control on the slippery ice.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When Trump was elected I had one of my best friends ghost me. Best friend as in he was the best man at my wedding. Here and there I would try to contact him with no real response.
About 3 weeks ago out of the blue he contacted me. To make a long story short, he was organizing his home and was going through correspondences between us and with other friends (pre internet, letters, videos, pictures, projects) he had apparently ghosted as well and realized that we hadn't changed, but that he had. He said it has really made him think alot about how he has been led to a place where he valued what the media was making him think over friendships he had for decades that he lost. We are now planning to do some projects together again and it does make me happy.
edit on 18-8-2023 by greendust because: positive message: never give up hope. even with a gun to your head

(post by olaru12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I find that many discussions end up in an "I just want to win" scenario and not one where people try to find a middle ground in agreement. There are times I just say that I think we are 80% in agreement though we are fighting tooth and nail, but to get someone to come off their line an inch is very hard.

I do think over time people do change but do not verbalize it much. When we look at Trump, it is almost impossible for someone on the left to suggest he did some good while still having issues and that Biden has really taken us all down some dark paths starting with the lockdowns and mandates, but I bet over a beer off of ATS there would be closer alignment in views.

edit on 18-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 18 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Consumer

How much are you driven by team sports? Have you really thought about it?

Not much.

I went to a hockey game once when I was in High School. Couldn't name the teams even if I tried. But a funny thing happened afterward.

I just rode along with a sort of church group as a passenger. The game was in a city 50 mi. away from our town. After the game we went to the closest McDonalds.

I saw my brother there and asked "What are you doing here?"

He said, "I live here. What are you doing here?"

"Just came to see a hockey game."

"Well I live in an apartment right there on the other side of the parking lot." he then said, "Do you want to see it? N____ would probably like to see you."

So I went to see her.

That isn't the only time that I didn't stay with the party that I came with.
edit on 18-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Alas, a trait less common by the day.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

No doubt. So how do you navigate this climate, as it where?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Mark Twain’s “If I Had More Time, I Would Have Written a Shorter Letter” would seem apt here. With less than a simplistic point to boot.
edit on 24-8-2023 by Consumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I keep my emotions out of it, or at least try to. 'Change the things you can; accept the things you cannot'.

I'm just along for the ride.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I keep my emotions out of it, or at least try to. 'Change the things you can; accept the things you cannot'.

I'm just along for the ride.

You and me both

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't know that I do. lol I share my perspective on the outside chance I might offer a view or information others haven't considered, and to be honest I'm using ATS to unburden my soul. Keeping all that sh!t inside isn't good for ones health; you gotta let it go!

top topics

join