It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southerners Are The Most Highly Inclusive Peoples

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Another odd thing, I have a distinct Southern accent, but my kids have none at all. You would think growing up around me, they would at least have a slight one, but nope.

I lived in the deep Deep South for quite a while and picked up a bit of an accent.
When my Chicago husband first heard me say his name with just a hint of a southern twang he had to marry me 🤣

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

my friends from Ohio, who live within several hundred feet from where I grew up, say "melk".
I can't help but wonder, did I do that?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Enduro

there are some words that are specific to a small area, like inside 20 square miles specific near here. In a place called "Beaver Dam", super small community south of Roseboro, they call the stack of bricks or rocks that allows the smoke from your indoor fire to exit the house a "Chimley". I have heard a few people use that term, and all of them are from the same area. They are all intelligent people, who can spell "chimney" just fine, but if they say it, that's how it comes out.

My MIL is from White Oak, and when she says the word "shrimp", she says it "srimp". I can't get her to say it with the h, and I cannot get my wife to say it without the h. They grew up in the same house.

Uh....we may be related. I say "chimley" and "srimp" although I can spell them perfectly well.

Another odd thing, I have a distinct Southern accent, but my kids have none at all. You would think growing up around me, they would at least have a slight one, but nope.

My kids don't seem to have any accent at all. I have been fully immersed in the culture, and have an accent based on what family from the northland say. But Chimley? Really?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: JAGStorm

my friends from Ohio, who live within several hundred feet from where I grew up, say "melk".
I can't help but wonder, did I do that?

I hate when it is said that way, drives me nuts, but that’s just how they say it here.

Meeeeeelllk, almost like a cow saying it!

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
For all you who ain't never been down south too much I'm gonna tell you a little bit about it so you know what I'm talkin' 'bout....

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Nah, here in NW ga, we hide the drug zombies behind Walmart, food lion, Piggly Wiggly. We arrest them and their families cough up bail and they go back to homeless camps. Ask me to speak southern..... I'll sigh and say cawnbread so sweet you'll lose your mind, but I ain't gonna act like drug zombies are all up north. My brother died with a needle in his arm, I know about NGa drug zombies. I been in the south my entire life. Texas born, raised in Florida, settled in Ga. Democrat with plenty of liberal community, side by side .

originally posted by: The2Billies
Shhhh. Be quiet OP. This is a well hidden secret.

Here is the REAL scoop from someone who lives in the South: Southerners are just as portrayed, woke folks stay away, if you must move go to LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and NYC where you will be embraced with joy.

We don't want those woke folks coming here with their hate and bigotry towards hard working everyday Americans, and demands that everyone think, speak, and vote as they do - or else. We don't want those overly entitled arrogant snobs coming to the South like carpetbaggers trying to change our culture.

Here is a rat I wish had kept his opinion to himself: www.newsweek.com...

The first thing I noticed was that there are a lot of black people in Charleston. In fact, most blacks still live in the South—55 percent of black Americans, which is 10 percent more than the rest of the country combined. And it's a number that has been growing ever since then. And the growth is not just in numbers; it's in political clout, too. Half of black representatives in Congress represent southern states, and black Americans are experiencing a growth in local political power, too, with towns across the South electing black mayors. This is not the result of segregation either, another facet of the South I had expected to find and was pleasantly surprised not to; the opposite, in fact: Data routinely finds northern American cities more segregated than the South. In 2019, only three of the top 10 most segregated American cities were in the South. And a recent study found California and the Northeast were more segregated than the South. As for children, New York—that bastion of liberalism—is the most segregated state for black students,

We don't have homeless lying on the streets of our downtown, or zombie like drug addicts blocking the entrances to stores like in woke areas. We respect our police and they aren't quitting in droves and our police force has more black people on it than is proportional for our town. We have proportional or more than proportional representation of black people in our civil leadership and civil services. We expect ALL citizens to be respectful and well behaved regardless of race.

But please DON"T come down here to check it out if you are a liberal,
because you are the type of person we don't want in our town
trying to tell us how to live, what to think, how to speak,
you aren't welcome or wanted, especially if you are woke.

We are a liberal's worst nightmare,
people who want freedom,
freedom of speech,
and want everyone to be respectful of divergent points of view
without forcing others to change to our point of view.

edit on 17-8-2023 by BlueBaby because: Add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join