It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling depressed? Here's a quick pick me up for you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A woman dies during a stroke and experiences something profound during an NDE.
She interacts with three beings of light who tell her she can choose to stay in the afterlife or continue with her life and she can change her path if she wants to etc. Very uplifting , very spirtual .

edit on 15-8-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Wow, cool youtube channel.

I always say I'm an atheist but if I had to choose an afterlife it would be the one these nde people talk about. If your interested here's a book about nde's that people have had. freepages.rootsweb.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nice videos, thanks. It is always interesting to hear these sort of stories.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thanks for this ancientlight,

Have mentioned here my BIL's heart attack during COVID, he had no pulse, and the nurse a 16-year veteran said she has never seen someone without a pulse that long survive without severe complications. They worked on him for 25 minutes with no pulse. They were about to give up and she listened one last time. With a faint pulse, they began working on him again, but it gave them the baseline needed called a life flight for him to a Level One Cardiac care center

We are so lucky he survived he seems to be doing so well 2 years later, and he is back at work with no cognitive issues. We are truly blessed, my sister said when she heard how bad his situation was, she immediately felt a sense of calm and she said to herself it is in God's hands and she didn't worry. Miracles aligned

Decades ago when my sister and BIL were just a few years in on their marriage my sister had passed out and had a blistering fever. Doug said he put her in a bathtub with cold running water and it was tepid in minutes. Long story short he rushed her to the hospital she had viral encephalitis, and her brain was swelling for a couple of weeks her life itself was touch and go, and after that concerned about brain damage. It's amazing because directly or indirectly they saved each other or at least gave them a fighting chance.

When Doug had his heart attack, he was there at the hospital with my sister. Cause my sister was sick with Covid, Doug was with her when he said I not feeling so well and he was talking to a nurse in the ER when he went into a seizure
According to his surgeons, if this had happened anywhere else like at home or work, he would be dead.

Sometimes that faith helps those miracles align

We weren't particularly religious growing up, we were raised as believers. I'll never forget going to the hospital chapel decades ago with my parents and praying quietly for my sister when she had encephalitis, and I'll never forget us going with my Mom and Dad back to the chapel and getting on his knees and sobbing thank you to God when we found out she was going to at least live 10 days later.

Thoughts become things, choose good ones... kind of what faith is about. We don't pray much as a family but when we do, it's because one of the family member(s) survival is in doubt.

There's a video online of Doug's story of the nurses, the doctors, and the flight EMTs who had to shock him when he lost his pulse again while in flight. We are truly thankful for all of them, and our faith and beliefs

Said all that to say this back when my sister was recovering, her thought processes were mixed up a bit, quite a bit actually. Took her a few years really, any way early on she spoke of her dreams. She said at one point an older woman came in and told her she isn't done, and that was all she could remember. In her haze, she thought it was a nurse. We didn't think much of it, she would say crazy stuff a lot

But we had somebody in with her always, Mom or Dad was there constantly and knew all the nurses by first their first names, not one fit the description of the older woman.

Months later as she was going through pictures, an exercise her doctors said may help her memory, Going through one album my sister pointed to our great-grandmother Mae and said that was the older woman. Back then I dismissed it, but when we'd talk about it later, she was at the time the only family member that had passed that we were close with growing up. Over the years become more and more certain, perhaps it wasn't her mixed-up thoughts at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Those images are just comforting thoughts while your brain dies, there is no afterlife and there is no God.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I agree with this to the extreme. So does Dr. David Hufford of Pennsylvania State University and Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks of York University London, UK. I have been interviewed by both of them.

This is Part II of what I wrote about the crazy energy I felt the day my father in - law passed. Previously I felt it well over a dozen times as I had a major stroke in 2009. I saw over a dozen of people die. I was nearby and my room was among theirs. I never make the connect until 2011.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Letmebefrank
Those images are just comforting thoughts while your brain dies, there is no afterlife and there is no God.

I'll bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Wow, cool youtube channel.

I always say I'm an atheist but if I had to choose an afterlife it would be the one these nde people talk about. If your interested here's a book about nde's that people have had. freepages.rootsweb.com...
Glad you like it

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Thanks for this ancientlight,

Have mentioned here my BIL's heart attack during COVID, he had no pulse, and the nurse a 16-year veteran said she has never seen someone without a pulse that long survive without severe complications. They worked on him for 25 minutes with no pulse. They were about to give up and she listened one last time. With a faint pulse, they began working on him again, but it gave them the baseline needed called a life flight for him to a Level One Cardiac care center

We are so lucky he survived he seems to be doing so well 2 years later, and he is back at work with no cognitive issues. We are truly blessed, my sister said when she heard how bad his situation was, she immediately felt a sense of calm and she said to herself it is in God's hands and she didn't worry. Miracles aligned

Decades ago when my sister and BIL were just a few years in on their marriage my sister had passed out and had a blistering fever. Doug said he put her in a bathtub with cold running water and it was tepid in minutes. Long story short he rushed her to the hospital she had viral encephalitis, and her brain was swelling for a couple of weeks her life itself was touch and go, and after that concerned about brain damage. It's amazing because directly or indirectly they saved each other or at least gave them a fighting chance.

When Doug had his heart attack, he was there at the hospital with my sister. Cause my sister was sick with Covid, Doug was with her when he said I not feeling so well and he was talking to a nurse in the ER when he went into a seizure
According to his surgeons, if this had happened anywhere else like at home or work, he would be dead.

Sometimes that faith helps those miracles align

We weren't particularly religious growing up, we were raised as believers. I'll never forget going to the hospital chapel decades ago with my parents and praying quietly for my sister when she had encephalitis, and I'll never forget us going with my Mom and Dad back to the chapel and getting on his knees and sobbing thank you to God when we found out she was going to at least live 10 days later.

Thoughts become things, choose good ones... kind of what faith is about. We don't pray much as a family but when we do, it's because one of the family member(s) survival is in doubt.

There's a video online of Doug's story of the nurses, the doctors, and the flight EMTs who had to shock him when he lost his pulse again while in flight. We are truly thankful for all of them, and our faith and beliefs

Said all that to say this back when my sister was recovering, her thought processes were mixed up a bit, quite a bit actually. Took her a few years really, any way early on she spoke of her dreams. She said at one point an older woman came in and told her she isn't done, and that was all she could remember. In her haze, she thought it was a nurse. We didn't think much of it, she would say crazy stuff a lot

But we had somebody in with her always, Mom or Dad was there constantly and knew all the nurses by first their first names, not one fit the description of the older woman.

Months later as she was going through pictures, an exercise her doctors said may help her memory, Going through one album my sister pointed to our great-grandmother Mae and said that was the older woman. Back then I dismissed it, but when we'd talk about it later, she was at the time the only family member that had passed that we were close with growing up. Over the years become more and more certain, perhaps it wasn't her mixed-up thoughts at all.

Thanks for sharing your story about your BIL

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Of course, these thoughts you are having could be a sign your brain is already dead...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Thank you very much for posting this.

I am awestruck. I see tones as colors and shapes and sometimes symbols and a lot of what is described there with vibrating tones, like a tuning fork inside a flashlight making the light resonate... Is dead on.

Some shapes described and behavior is the best description of how I perceive the world I have ever read, since I know this is not normal for everyone. I could not come up with a better description now that I know this one.

Of course this caters to my believe system a lot, Karma as a learning tool, not punishment (she's still a bitch, though) and reincarnation.

Now you have to deal with this crazy post of mine, because of the path you chose when you posted this.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger I'm just a realist who doesn't deal with fairytales or live in a world of make believe just because its comforting to my fragile ego.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 we are all dead my friend, its just some people don't realise it yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6 we are all dead my friend, its just some people don't realise it yet.

You have convinced yourself, and lo and behold it's manifested in your brain, and it's leaking out everywhere. Now you have depressed brain thoughts oozing all over the ATS. LOL, this place is depressing enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 yet I'm not the one who lives in the land of fairytales and fantasy

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6 yet I'm not the one who lives in the land of fairytales and fantasy

So this is how you are gonna spend your remaining years till you are worm food?

Pissing on everybody else, because of what exactly?

Why don't you really be frank for once, and tell ATS why you feel like you got a crappy miserable existence?

edit on 15-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 you seemed to have taken my remarks very personally, can I ask a reason for this?

I'm going to spend my remaining years living in reality not some fantasy world just because the thought brings me comfort.

I find an overwhelming number of conspiracy theorists are also religious, there are two reasons for this I can think of, either its because they are very gullible or because they don't want to accept responsibility for there own lives believing either God or the government are controlling them and there outcomes, I find their detachment from reality rather sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6 you seemed to have taken my remarks very personally, can I ask a reason for this?

I'm going to spend my remaining years living in reality not some fantasy world just because the thought brings me comfort.

I find an overwhelming number of conspiracy theorists are also religious, there are two reasons for this I can think of, either its because they are very gullible or because they don't want to accept responsibility for there own lives believing either God or the government are controlling them and there outcomes, I find their detachment from reality rather sad.

Respectfully in this thread which is all I can go off of, it seems you find everything gloomy and dark, it smacks of a pathetic, wretched, and anguished existence.

It amuses me that you label me as religious, all because I have a personal faith that we are something more than worm food. No more no less, I'm not trying to convert you and respect your right to be downtrodden wretched, and melancholy

Perhaps you are just a soulless lump of flesh, and good for you, for accepting your reality and limits, with your comments here you have likely reached the zenith of your entire carbon-based existence.

Am existence that sounds like a downward spiraling cycle that has you fluttering through a joyless singular existence spreading your misery, apathy doom, and gloom like modern-day Johnny Rotten Appleseed.

Let me be frank, while you are sad for me, I'm oddly happy for you, you have at the very least found something you excel at and seem perfectly morose and bitter in doing so.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Respectfully I find that having to resort to name calling and belittling people is a sign of immaturity and lack of intelligence at being able to form a counter argument or just enter into a peaceful debate but here we are.

I think that fact that you have had to use the word "faith" just shows that you are prepared to believe anything based on no scientific evidence whatsoever which is where I think I'm going to leave this discussion as it seems pointless trying to debate something with a person who's clearly delusional.

Good day sir.

edit on 16-8-2023 by Letmebefrank because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6
Respectfully I find that having to resort to name calling and belittling people is a sign of immaturity and lack of intelligence at being able to form a counter argument or just enter into a peaceful debate but here we are.

I think that fact that you have had to use the word "faith" just shows that you are prepared to believe anything based on no scientific evidence whatsoever which is where I think I'm going to leave this discussion as it seems pointless trying to debate something with a person who's clearly delusional.

Good day sir.

Respectfully? pot meets kettle

So this was a debate thread, does anything about the title sound like a debate? Out of all the threads here on ATS and this is the one you choose to start a debate in? Let me be frank your brilliance and understanding do indeed shine through

Talk about intelligence and reading comprehension.

Silly stupid ole me thought it was a thread to give depressed people something to perhaps lift their spirits.

Ask yourself if that was your objective when you interjected your opening statement.

As for name-calling reread the thread or don't, and see where perhaps it went sideways.

You've lost your self-awareness, if one mistakenly takes you at your word.

Much more likely you have no close friends and no close relatives and this is all your hyperintelligence brain can come up with for entertainment.

What are you going to do with your Wednesday try and introduce wonderful bacon recipes at your local Mosque.

new topics

top topics

join