It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Product of society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Today we have computer programmers, aircraft engineers, quantum physicists etc but have we always had people capable of these types of professions just waiting for society to catch up or are they products of society? And if they "we" are a product of society what's the mechanism?

It's said that if a married woman truly in her heart loves another man but her husband and she becomes pregnant by her husband, the child will resemble the man she loves.

Food for thought.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas
It's said that if a married woman truly in her heart loves another man but her husband and she becomes pregnant by her husband, the child will resemble the man she loves.

That probably came from one of these books:

Goodreads

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Today we have computer programmers, aircraft engineers, quantum physicists etc but have we always had people capable of these types of professions just waiting for society to catch up or are they products of society?

Both.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

That probably came from one of these books:

Goodreads

Which one?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Said the blind man to his deaf and dumb imaginary friend. Lol I made myself laugh.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sorry if my comment sounded insulting. I didn't mean it to be.
I try to be civil whilst on the forums.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

These people were truly genius. People have always found ways to build extraordinary things, it's limitations from the time and events associated with that time (the 1%ers right now) that limit visions and potential for greater things sadly.
During the middle ages it was the church who controlled any progress , especially in the fields of science/astronomy.
Sad. Who knows where we could have been been already had it not always been for 'the few' who feel the need to control/surpress others.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sorry if my comment sounded insulting. I didn't mean it to be.
I try to be civil whilst on the forums.

More cantankerous to be honest, food for thought, don't be quick to dismiss.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If your kid looks like another man the kid is probably his.😂

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

These people were truly genius. People have always found ways to build extraordinary things, it's limitations from the time and events associated with that time (the 1%ers right now) that limit visions and potential for greater things sadly.
During the middle ages it was the church who controlled any progress , especially in the fields of science/astronomy.
Sad. Who knows where we could have been been already had it not always been for 'the few' who feel the need to control/surpress others.

Look how quickly this generation has no bearing on the last and how slowly this happened throughout history on a mass level like we see today, living 300 years ago was pretty much the same as living 600 years ago on a societal level where as the world has changed for everyone about 4 times since the 1900's.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Probably why some people look like their dogs, or vice versa.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Probably, I don't know if you believe in God but this how men become lovers of themselves, its not a conscious decision men will make during their lives to love themselves to their detriment, they will be products.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

lol is that what they tell the cucked husband who is raising another mans child?

top topics

join