It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I came from the special military operation in Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium
I'm glad that you spend your leisure time on this meditation, most people back at home probably squander their lives on meaningless, trivial things.

Which books of Russian poets have you downloaded? I've only read Gogol and Pushkin.

I also downloaded:
Alexandr Grin
Afanasy Fet
Mikhail Lermontov
Alexandr Griboyedov
Aleksandr Kuprin
Vsevolod Ivanov
Vladimir Mayakovsky
Valery Bryusov
Daniil Kharms
Sergei Yesenin
Ivan Krylov
Anton Chekhov
Fyodor Tyutchev
Semyon Nadson
Viacheslav Ivanov
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Maximilian Voloshin
Alexandr Belyaev
Ivan Goncharov
Leo Tolstoy
Alexei Nikolayevich Tolstoy
Alexei Konstantinovich Tolstoy
Mikhail Saltykov-Shchedrin
Ivan Turgenev
Aleksandr Blok
Mikhail Bulgakov
Dmitry Mamin-Sibiryak
Konstantin Simonov
Nikolai Leskov
Ilya Ilf and Yevgeny Petrov
Nikolai Nekrasov
Konstantin Balmont
Marina Tsvetaeva
Mikhail Zoshchenko
Alexandr Ostrovsky
Maxim Gorky
Arkady Gaidar
Nikolai Gumilev
Nikolai Zabolotsky
Konstantin Paustovsky and others.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium

originally posted by: turretless
I reject this "Cartesian division" into historical narrative and symbolic work. In my opinion, one may well be combined with the other in a single text.
Well, I do not proceed from Descartes' methodology, I actually reject the artificial division between body and spirit.

I was thinking more along the lines of Thomas Jefferson, who believed one must omit the historical framework and focus mainly on the message.

I think you might take a liking to this user's article: old.reddit.com... "My view is that there's actually a richness and depth to the Bible that is impossible to access if you don't open up yourself in an abstract, symbolic and emotional way, with constant revision of your view of it."

But I do not consider the work of clarifying the terms, symbols and context of other times and languages a fruitless exercise.
Oh I didn't mean to say it was fruitless, just that this is a work for scholars and philologists. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that the essential teachings contained in Bhagavad-Gita can also be read in more accessible works.

The historical events themselves in the divine world must have a deep symbolic meaning.
How so?
___

On Lebed:

I do not consider General Lebed to be Putin's general.
Oh I wasn't asking that, I was asking about Surovikin and Gerasimov. They don't seem close to Putin anymore, or maybe they never were; after the coup, they haven't been seen much in public.

I do not intend to help you with the search for information on General Lebed.
Fair enough, one of these days I'll get around to building up a case, based on reliable sources, for the convenience of Westerners.

And yet this topic is not about books or generals, but about my personal military experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
New weapons and beta testing them in the field is typical of the old red shield business of being weapons traders and manufacturing wars to show the real world field results of it...

Much in the same way the Vietnamese war was manufactured to field test the M16 that after "intelligence" said war was occurring there between the Northern and Southern Vietnamese. Whatever the M16 was up against was also being beta tested in a similar manner by what would have been called the opposition.

Meaning how would a gold standard weapon work that is tried in true in the hands of the non military trained that were dropped there to end the skirmish and when it didn't cease it? Then how would it defend against a well trained military with the battle untested M16?

As people know from the whole thing being documented in full color film; Not too good on either side and it wasn't until the field beta upgrades to the weapon started hitting the supplies did it turn the tides of it.

The same thing occurred in Asia once before in the rice wars... Where the farmers used to have to give up all their rice and wait to be paid back in rice and when it turned into starve the death or eat each other and both those were occurring and heard that the so called rulers were wasting rice to drink luxurious sake while they starved or had to resort to eat each other then the farmer class knowing the effects of drunkenness beat the living crap out of the Bushido class well trained paid fed and armed with swords from the ruling class with bamboo rakes and hoes.

I don't understand what you are talking about.

Did you mean International Military-Technical Forum "Army-2023"? - rusarmyexpo.com...

Address on the opening of the Army 2023 International Military Technical Forum

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:
The display stands, pavilions and ranges at the Patriot Park demonstrate over 28,500 samples of cutting-edge military and dual-use products supplied by 1,500 Russian defence industry enterprises.

en.kremlin.ru...

Exposition of trophies, captured during special military operation, is presented in Patriot Park

The exhibition of captured AFU weapons and military hardware, including Western-manufactured ones, has been opened in the Patriot Park, Moscow region, as part of the ARMY 2023 International Military-Technical Forum.

Special attention is paid to the USA and other NATO countries hardware.

The exhibition features a burned Australian-manufactured Bushmaster armoured vehicle, a U.S.-manufactured M113 APC, a Swedish-manufactured CV90-40 IFV, and a French-manufactured AMX-10RCR wheeled tank.

Most of the Western captured equipment at the exhibition are British-manufactured combat vehicles: Husky and Mastiff armoured vehicles, a AT 105 Saxon vehicle. The description of the exhibits indicates where and under what kind of circumstances it was captured.

Separately, the exhibition 'Promised Alliance' has been presented in the covered pavilion, telling about the ideological work that has been carried out in recent years with Ukrainian youth. Among the samples are school textbooks, clothes with nationalist slogans, a kind of menu of bars and catering establishments, as well as symbols of the terrorist battalion 'Azov' (terrorist organisation banned in the Russian Federation).

eng.mil.ru...

Or did you mean the 11th Moscow Conference on International Security?

Video address to the participants and guests of the 11th Moscow Conference on International Security

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:
Let me reiterate that it is only by having the international community work together that we can lower the degree of confrontation on the global and regional levels, neutralise challenges and risks and build confidence between states, while also creating broad development opportunities. This is rather obvious today.

en.kremlin.ru...

Speech of Minister of Defence of Russian Federation General of Army Sergei Shoigu at 11th Moscow Conference on International Security

Minister of Defence of Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu:
The special military operation ended the collective West's military dominance. Its ability to impose its interests in various regions of the world has been significantly reduced. These changes have increased the role of countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America in the world system, including the use of natural resources for the sovereign development of nations.

eng.mil.ru...

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s remarks at the 11th Moscow Conference on International Security, Moscow, August 15, 2023

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov:
It is unlikely that the Western ruling circles will abandon their destructive policy in the foreseeable future. However, they will clearly not be able to reverse the course of history. The world has changed dramatically and needs alternative methods of ensuring global stability by creating security mechanisms that are beyond the control of Washington and its satellites, as well as zones of pragmatic cooperation and development in various regions.

mid.ru...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

The problem is "we" (The USA) are supposed to be a neutral country by our very constitutional design. Our military at it's inception was for and only for; Self defense.

Unfortunately; Being called to war by other countries has not stopped since; The first time "we" agreed to help another country with it's self defense, that was not the US.

Instead of going back to self defense or not even engaging in that request; To help the national defenses of another country not the US.

The very war of Independence meant just that; Independent.

Not remaining Independent? Means "we" have lost ever since then; Not won.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Quite the devourer of books! Though that list seems indiscriminate.

Besides Dostoevsky and Tolstoy, I only recognize Bulgakov and Gorky. Also, I'm glad one of my favorite Russian authors made it on that list: Nikolai Gumilev. His theory of passionarnost certainly deserves more consideration, it's on par with Carlyle's great man theory. en.topwar.ru...

I think most veterans would agree that ultimately, wars are won by the will of the individual.

And yet this topic is not about books or generals, but about my personal military experience.
Yeah, sorry about derailing. I just saw a good opportunity to bring it up and seized upon it. (Also, I couldn't get a hold of you via PM.)

I hope my knowledge proves helpful for your Bhagavata-Gita meditations!

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Are you fighting for the soros back regime?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'm leaving back for the Lugansk People's Republic.

I wish you all health and good luck.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Good luck - I hope you stay safe

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Imagine being stupid enough to risk your life for the "special military operation in Ukraine."

I wouldn't even fight to defend defend my homeland. If the Chinese want to take over the politicians can man the Trenches. Britain being run by a Chinese guy is really no different to being run by an Indian.

At least we'd have working trains.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Look forward to your safe return and updates on this chapter of your journey!

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

As a human ape, live your life how you want to live it x x x x love you foreverx x xx x sort this sh*t show out ASAP so we can get your genuine Ruskie Vostok watches on direct order from Chistopol fvck the sanctions............we need your Vostok Amphibia's and Commadierski's

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Keep your head down and we will toast to the end soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I had a feeling that our media are lying to us here in the uk about this Ukrainian war because they haven't once showed us definitive proof of everything they say, and they have blocked RT news from our tv network so we do not see every side of the story.
reply to: turretless

reply to: turretless

edit on CDTTue, 10 Oct 2023 16:43:36 -05000000003104thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagokAmerica/Chicago by TruthSeeker19899 because: New to ATS so experimenting with my comments and learning how everything works

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

The problem is "we" (The USA) are supposed to be a neutral country by our very constitutional design. Our military at it's inception was for and only for; Self defense.

Unfortunately; Being called to war by other countries has not stopped since; The first time "we" agreed to help another country with it's self defense, that was not the US.

Instead of going back to self defense or not even engaging in that request; To help the national defenses of another country not the US.

The very war of Independence meant just that; Independent.

Not remaining Independent? Means "we" have lost ever since then; Not won.

Not really, France and the Great Powers contributed substantially to the Colonists. This was de rigueur for the period.

edit on 26-10-2023 by 777Vader because: My take is that we're still living in a WW 1/2/3 world.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join