It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 training for Ukrainian pilots faces delays and uncertainty, likely will be next SUMMER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And the only entities happy about this development, are the Russians and all participants' MIC. Summer? that's 10 months?

Hell Russia will be down to the highschoolers and 60-plus crowd, and Zelenskky will be sending big 12-15-year-olds into the meat grinder. What a cluster ----. Even if Ukraine can win and get back the Eastern sliver of land, the Russians will have annihilated a huge segment of their population.

I don't know what the answer is but 10 more months???

There will be enough mines sown, Ukrainian children will be blowing off their legs getting maimed or killed till the 2040s

www.washingtonpost.com...

F-16 training for Ukrainian pilots faces delays and uncertainty

Kyiv wants U.S.-made fighter jets as fast as possible, but the first pilots to undergo training probably won’t be ready to fly them until next summer

KYIV, Ukraine — A first group of six Ukrainian pilots is not expected to complete training on the U.S.-made F-16 before next summer, senior Ukrainian government and military officials said, following a series of delays by Western partners in implementing an instruction program for the sophisticated fighter jet.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.
The timeline reflects the disconnect between Ukraine’s supporters, who envision F-16s as a key tool in the country’s long-term defense, and Kyiv, which has desperately requested that the jets reach the battle space as soon as possible, viewing them as critical for the current fight against occupying Russian forces.

President Biden, after denying Ukrainian appeals for the F-16 for more than a year, reversed course in May and said he backed the idea of training Ukrainian pilots on the jets, and supported the transfer of the planes by other countries. Denmark and the Netherlands volunteered to lead a training effort, prompting hopes among officials in Kyiv that the planes would be defending Ukrainian airspace by as early as September.

It was a familiar pattern for Ukraine and its chief military backer, the United States, which has repeatedly declined Ukrainian requests only to relent at a later date.
But after the start of training was pushed back several times, Ukraine will now probably have to endure another year without the fighters, which officials in Kyiv have predicted would provide a significant military edge amid a slow-going counteroffensive and help better protect civilians against Russia’s regular missile and drone strikes.

edit on 11-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The slow roll of this 'war' has me reminiscing about so many past 'wars' in my lifetime.

It seems somebody has a plan; we're unloading all of our old military tech; I wonder what the replacements will look like?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if there were any Ukraine adults left by next summer.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
At least the training part has already started.
We have F16s all off a sudden (right after Joe promised them) showing up in a restricted NATO airspace.
So this maybe true for the US fighter jets but you can bet Ukraine is getting all the phased out F16s our Euro can afford.
And all the other 20th century weapons we didn't get to use.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The slow roll of this 'war' has me reminiscing about so many past 'wars' in my lifetime.

It seems somebody has a plan; we're unloading all of our old military tech; I wonder what the replacements will look like?

I was talking to my Mom the other day, about how I don't remember much about Vietnam, but our next-door neighbor was in the military and was sent to Vietnam, he had finished 10-12 months in the country and was due for some R and R, his jeep got hit on the way to the landing pad and he lost an arm and 4 months later he was mowing his lawn with one arm, happy as hell he made it out of there alive.

He always said it was complete BS, you would fight for a hill, lose dozens if not hundreds of troops and abandon it 3 days later, and the Vietcong would retake it unopposed.

The good news the US will be able to ramp up production to eventually 90,000 155mm artillery shells a month by 2025. God bless our MIC, right shows you how long they anticipate this chit lasting

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was in Canada visiting. Lots of young Ukrainian families in their 30s have arrived. Very hard working people. Happy to be in Canada. I am confused how so many of fighting age just left however. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Not worth fighting for I suppose.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What happened to no tanks and no fighter jets? The US wants this proxy war to bring in NATO. On the current course, our troops will be on the ground in a war with Russia.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That's great news! Stop throwing $$$ at the war machine. Politicians supporting the machine should go to the frontline...with their children.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I still don't see why they won't just hire foreign pilots, but sounds good.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I was 16b when my brother came back on leave after boot camp before the first of his two tours in Nam. Had some friends return with some really serious issues that kept them from living a productive life.

The US propensity for war has left a ban taste in my mouth and an ache in my heart.

The LIES used to justify mass killing-many of which are women and children-has made me terribly ashamed of our leadership.

It's just a matter of time before the truth comes out concerning our involvement in Ukraine, and I'm not expecting any of it to be for humanitarian reasons. It's always the almighty F'*n dollar, and hiding corruption of the elite.

At my age, rinse and repeat has gotten really, really old when it comes to these endless GD wars.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
is this not the wrong aircraft to be considering for the theatre?

I thought ukraine needed ones that could take off from makesift runways, roads/dirt tracks ect like viggen, jaguars and any of those kinds of aircraft..

my understanding of the f16 is its not really an off road aircraft..

on this i'm happy to be corrected.
edit on 12-8-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join