It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State ordered to release documents in Whitmer kidnap plot case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

BELLAIRE, Mich. (AP) Updated 6:00 PM EDT, August 9, 2023
— A judge on Wednesday ordered state prosecutors to release certain documents used as evidence against several men charged with aiding a plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

. . . The state claimed the records would interfere with law enforcement proceedings and possibly spoil an upcoming trial.

. . . The records can’t be shielded under Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act, Redford said.

Three men face trial soon in Antrim County, but the records sought by VanDussen already have been used in other court proceedings, the judge said.

There was no immediate comment from the attorney general’s office.

apnews.com

Seems like they will use any excuse to hide any information concerning that FBI entrapment setup, er, sting operation. I'm sure we haven't forgotten that one. Here is something on the back story for a reminder . . .

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) Published 8:59 PM EDT, August 23, 2022
— A jury on Tuesday convicted two men of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2020, delivering swift verdicts in a plot that was broken up by the FBI and described as a rallying cry for a U.S. civil war by anti-government extremists.

The result was a big victory for the U.S. Justice Department. A different jury just four months ago couldn’t reach unanimous decisions on Adam Fox or Barry Croft Jr. but acquitted two other men, a stunning conclusion that led to a second trial.

. . . Jury selection in the retrial of Fox and Croft coincidentally occurred a day after FBI agents searched Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate for documents, putting the agency in headlines at the same time that the judge was trying to detect any biases about law enforcement in the jury pool.

apnews.com

edit on 10-8-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
The documents will be interesting.
Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This is great news! Maybe there is a hope of exposing the weaponization of gov. branches since the Bush administration!

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It’s coming fast n furious now

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Bet they're "lost".

I'm losing hope in any of our justice systems.
edit on 10-8-2023 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct 💯

a reply to: Kaiju666

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wasn't there actually more Feds than conspirators involved?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Wasn't there actually more Feds than conspirators involved?

Yep, it was a setup IMO, pure and simple. I wouldn't doubt that Whitmer dreamed this plot up herself. Maybe they had hoped that the once popular militia movement would get involved, but I don't think any organized Michigan militias of any size exist now. I could be wrong, but I think that movement ended a while ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
LOL Funny you say that, as around here, that is the most popular theory, that she "put a bug in someone's ear".

And the chatter among some groups, is that this wasn't even a real "militia".
FBI went fishing, caught a sucker, and ran with it.

Did you hear, they are trying to not allow the "entrapment" defense at all, in the trial of the last 3 guys?

Cause it worked for two of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
It’s coming fast n furious now

Angry star.

new topics

top topics

join