It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the U.S. start a war..."Shocking reasons"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Actually the Headline is this and its 2 hours old.

China and the U.S. start a war..."Shocking reasons" for the US-China to plunge into "never-ending hostile relations" over "Taiwan"

For us living in parts of Asia/South East Asia, this is great concern. There are 2 things that I'm aware of. One is Japan is now building missile ports on some of its isolated islands and an airstrip. The other is the Chinese Navy is giving the Philippine fisherman a run for their money. The Chinese Navy are now using water gun to chase off the fisherman that was once Philippine fishing ground. Also the US Military is moving back into the Philippines. But I think this is a temp thing with a 10 year limitation. There are exchanges being made at the moment. The locals, some are happy, some are protesting with Americans go home.

Here is the article. I believe it maybe in Japanese, but use translate to your language of choice.

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), which has significant influence on U.S. foreign policy, has released a new report on the Taiwan issue. China's Xi Jinping administration is "increasingly inclined toward unification by force" and called on the U.S. defense industry to "transition to a wartime regime."

The wartime regime is not peaceful, but the background is that the United States has exhausted its 155mm howitzers to the very minimum level in support of Ukraine. That's why the Joe Biden administration decided to provide much-criticized cluster munitions.

more
China and the U.S. start a war..."Shocking reasons" for the US-China to plunge into "never-ending hostile relations" over "Taiwan"
Story by Yukihiro Hasegawa •
2 hours

"Transition to wartime regime" is not an exaggeration
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), which has significant influence on U.S. foreign policy, has released a new report on the Taiwan issue. China's Xi Jinping administration is "increasingly inclined toward unification by force" and called on the U.S. defense industry to "transition to a wartime regime."

The wartime regime is not peaceful, but the background is that the United States has exhausted its 155mm howitzers to the very minimum level in support of Ukraine. That's why the Joe Biden administration decided to provide much-criticized cluster munitions.

In addition to Ukraine, assuming China's invasion of Taiwan in the near future, it would not be an exaggeration to call for a "transition to a wartime regime" from now.
The report, titled "U.S.-Taiwan Relations in a New Era: Responding to an Increasingly Aggressive China," is 147 pages in total. Co-chaired by two people, including former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Michael Mullen, the announcement was made in June after more than six months of discussions by 2 experts from the CFR, the Brookings Institution, and Harvard University.

What will happen if China succeeds in taking Taiwan by force? The report states:

Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, China unilaterally rewrites its "de facto borders," which will deal a major blow to the world order and norms. China will be able to project its forces beyond the "First Island Chain" connecting Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines to the Pacific Ocean.

link in Japanese via MSN

edit on Thu Aug 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Linkie no worky.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Muh war. That's not what the article says at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: quietspectator
Muh war. That's not what the article says at all.

I copied and paste part of the article.
There are other articles on the net, but this was posted about 2 hours ago in Japan. From what I can tell, its an update from the June articles written earlier.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Linkie no worky.

I guess I can't post the link for MSN.
I just tried to find the link but I think once I read it, then it disappears when I research for it again?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Linkie no worky.

Yes, it works. Just translate it to English, but you are in the States, maybe that is the problem. The article is now 4 hours old.

www.msn.com... 1%98%E3%82%81%E3%82%8B-%E5%8F%B0%E6%B9%BE-%E3%82%92%E3%82%81%E3%81%90%E3%82%8A-%E7%B1%B3%E4%B8%AD%E3%81%8C-%E7%B5%82%E3%82%8F%E3%82%8A%E3%81%AA%E3%81% 8D%E6%95%B5%E5%AF%BE%E7%9A%84%E9%96%A2%E4%BF%82-%E3%81%AB%E7%AA%81%E5%85%A5%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B-%E8%A1%9D%E6%92%83%E3%81%AE%E7%90%86%E7%94%B1/ar-AA1f6Hs h?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=37b75f5f4958406e9015b2b45a85c501&ei=29

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 8/10/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Copy and paste , "China and the U.S. start a war " into DuckDuck and You get this.

www.theatlantic.com... › ideas › archive › 2021 › 11 › us-china-war › 620571
How War With China Begins - The Atlantic
Nov 1, 2021Saved Stories P resident Xi Jinping declared in July that those who get in the way of China's ascent will have their "heads bashed bloody against a Great Wall of steel." The People's Liberation...
www.politico.com... › news › magazine › 2023 › 06 › 09 › america-weapons-china-00100373
The Pentagon Is Freaking Out About a Potential War With China
Jun 9, 2023This is our watershed moment." The problem has come into sharp relief only in the last few years as Russia invaded Ukraine, leading to a prolonged war that has drained U.S. munitions...
www.nbcnews.com... › politics › national-security › us-air-force-general-predicts-war-china-2025-memo-rcna67967
U.S. general predicts war with China in 2025, tells officers to get ready
Jan 27, 2023Air Force general predicts war with China in 2025, tells officers to prep by firing 'a clip' at a target, and 'aim for the head'. "I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025," said ...
www.abc.net.au... › news › 2021-03-21 › us-china-preparing-war-drumbeats-conflict-australia-crosshairs › 13260084
The US and China are preparing for war — and Australia is caught in the ...
War that was once unthinkable is now improbable — but not impossible. Since the US declared China a "strategic competitor" in 2017, tension has heightened. America and China have already fought a trade war; they are waging war in cyberspace and there are red lines that could trigger a full-blown confrontation.
www.smh.com.au... › world › asia › if-the-us-went-to-war-with-china-who-would-win-it-depends-how-it-starts-20210617-p581s2.html
US v China war: If conflict broke out, who would win?
China had 55 small war ships in 2020, more than double the number it had five years ago. Six large amphibious vessels have been launched, three since 2015, and a third aircraft carrier, larger than its predecessors, will soon be completed.
Images for China and the U.S. start a war
U.S. vs China: A trade war that the world cannot afford to lose - The ...U.S. Provoking To Start A War With China? Bring It On!! | FinanceTwitterPresident Trump would LOSE 'war in South China Sea', military experts ...The USA vs China. Who Would Win A War? EXPLAINED! - YouTube"LARGEST TRADE WAR IN ECONOMIC HISTORY" - INcontext InternationalChina has more ammo for a trade war with the United StatesThe USA - CHINA Confrontation - Kassandros[ANALYSIS] US-China trade war: Where does the Philippines stand?3 Stocks Immune to the U.S.-China Trade War | The Motley FoolUS-China Trade War | Potential Benefits or a Global Fallout
More Images
www.cna.org... › our-media › indepth › 2022 › 08 › is-the-u.s.-close-to-a-war-with-china
Is the U.S. Close to War with China? | CNA
Aug 23, 2022The short answer is no. There is nothing automatic in U.S. law that requires the U.S. military to start shooting at the Chinese military if it attacks Taiwan. Washington's legal defense commitments are encoded in the 1979 Taiwan Relations Act. They include the following:
www.nytimes.com... › 2023 › 02 › 27 › opinion › a-war-with-china-would-reach-deep-into-american-society.html
A War With China Would Be Unlike Anything Americans Faced Before
Feb 27, 2023Over the past two decades, China has built formidable political warfare and cyber warfare capabilities designed to penetrate, manipulate and disrupt the United States and allied governments,...
www.msn.com... › en-us › news › world › world-war-iii-what-a-u-s-vs-china-war-would-look-like-who-wins › ar-AA17lrHl
World War III: What a U.S. vs. China War Would Look Like (Who Wins?) - MSN
Tragically, a conflict between China and the US might be remembered only as "The First Sino-American War." America vs. China: How the War Would Start Taiwan has become the most likely...
www.military.com... › daily-news › 2023 › 02 › 10 › fire-watch-america-going-war-china.html
Fire Watch: Is America Going to War with China? | Military.com
Feb 10, 2023So, he has some experience, and concerns, about rising competition with China. Which leads us to the memo. On Thursday, Jan. 26, thousands of airmen in Air Mobility Command received an email and ...
time.com... › 6164184 › how-us-china-avoid-war
The U.S. and China Must Act Now to Avoid a Disastrous War | Time
Apr 4, 2022Ideas. By Kevin Rudd. April 4, 2022 8:30 AM EDT. Rudd is global president of the Asia Society and former prime minister of Australia. He is the author of The Avoidable War: The Dangers of a ...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Col. Andy Tanner : The Russians need to take us in one piece, and that's why they're here. That's why they won't use nukes anymore; and we won't either, not on our own soil. The whole damn thing's pretty conventional now. Who knows? Maybe next week will be swords.

Darryl Bates : What started it?

Col. Andy Tanner : I don't know. Two toughest kids on the block, I guess. Sooner or later, they're gonna fight.

Jed Eckert : That simple, is it?

Col. Andy Tanner : Or maybe somebody just forget what it was like.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UtIntusSicForis

in the 1930s the assumption was it would be the USA and UK that would fight the next war for similar reasons stated, hitler planned to side with the uk against the usa so it could consolidate its power on the continent..

yet the world never quite spins likes that no matter how much the powers in control want it to,

in that vein the USA looks more a mirror china stealing all its policies i the same way the uk still steals US policies..

so in the same way they should have been asking who the usa and uk would fight if not each other we need to ask who china and us would fight if not each other as the 2 ig players always want to squeeze out all the other powers just to leave themselves alone in control with 1 opponent.
edit on 11-8-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

I'm seeing alot of opinion treated as fact here...
Thucydides’s Trap is a thing after all.
edit on 11/8/2023 by UtIntusSicForis because: Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me.

top topics

join