It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - The Speaker of the House Launches an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY - No House Votes Are Needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thursday, August 10, 2023

Because there are so many (wimp) Republicans, Scared Democrats and Liberal News "Experts" proclaiming that the U.S. House doesn't have enough votes to Impeach anyone in the Biden Administration, or President Biden himself, this thread is meant to clear up a misconception.

The first step is called an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY. Launching an Impeachment Inquiry is solely the decision of the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Here is an example from 2019...

Speaker Pelosi’s announcement started the first part of that process on Tuesday, but she didn’t introduce a resolution formally launching an impeachment inquiry.

“I'm announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry. I'm directing our six committees to proceed with their investigations under that umbrella of impeachment inquiry,” she said.

Pelosi was referring to ongoing investigations in the House’s Judiciary, Intelligence, Oversight and Reform, Foreign Affairs, Financial Services, and Ways and Means committees.
More at: constitutioncenter.org...

As this 2019 article points out, the Impeachment Inquiry endows the US House with powers that are not normally available to House Investigators.

At a nuts and bolts level, a resolution establishing an impeachment inquiry enables the House to bestow on the Judiciary Committee special authorities for purposes of its investigation.

The most important powers conveyed in prior impeachment proceedings, such as subpoena and deposition authority, are now part of the standing authorities enjoyed by the Judiciary Committee (among others). Nevertheless, there are additional useful authorities, such as the power to gather information in foreign countries, that could be granted as part of an impeachment inquiry. That’s no small matter in an impeachment that may involve foreign emoluments and international affairs.
More at: www.justsecurity.org...

It's interesting that the only time an impeachment inquiry did NOT occur prior to a President being impeached, was the 2nd Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi was eager to (hopefully) have President Trump found guilty in the Senate of inciting a January 6, 2021 Insurrection (time.com...) , removed from office, and not being able to run for President again. Her rush to impeach, with hopes of removal, is an additional reason why so many Americans felt/feel Nancy Pelosi worked with the FBI to initiate the violence on 1/6/2021.

BOTTOM LINE: House Speaker Kevin McCarthy can launch a Powerful, Deep-Diving Impeachment Inquiry Investigation against FBI Director Christopher Wray, or Attorney General Merrick Garland, or U.S. President Joe Biden, any time he wants to.

Honestly, McCarthy's star is dimming in GOP/MAGA circles every week he spouts off the list of damages and coverups and how uncooperative these officials are, but fails to set a date for an Impeachment Inquiry to begin. (IMO - He should start with FBI Director Wray. Wray has been protecting Biden and damaging Trump since 2017.)

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why hasn't no one brought up the attorneys that made the LLC accounts for the Bidens. Sadly even Fox is covering up for the Bidens. I won't tell how I came about this. But the Attorneys are the ones that we should be watching for their actions or NO ACTIONS of ... you know what I mean here.There is a very detailed youtube video on how the intel has stepped in to protect the Biden crime syndicate. Sorry to say this but as Biden said " no one fks with the Bidens", and he meant it too.
Most Americans are unaware of the fact the precautions are necessary to protect the innocent that maybe involved behind the scenes of what has taken place.

What hasn't been brought up yet is this:

Why hasn't no one brought up the attorneys that made the LLC accounts for the Bidens. Sadly even Fox is covering up for the Bidens. I won't tell how I came about this. But the Attorneys are the ones that we should be watching for their actions or NO ACTIONS of ... you know what I mean here.
edit on 0800000005532023-08-10T00:53:05-05:00530508am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0800000034532023-08-10T00:53:34-05:00533408am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I assumed HUNTER set them up. He's an attorney.

What I don't understand is why Oversight Committee (James Comer) hasn't subpoena'd Hunter Biden to testify...to answer questions.

Maybe Congress is afraid of the Biden Crime Family.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What I don't understand is why Oversight Committee (James Comer) hasn't subpoena'd Hunter Biden to testify...to answer questions.

And so are a lot of private citizens too.

Hunter is an attorney? Didn't know that.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

And so are a lot of private citizens too.

Hunter is an attorney? Didn't know that.

Yes, Hunter Biden is an attorney. Unlike his father, Hunter did not graduate at the bottom of his class.... Which is one reason why Joe Biden says Hunter is the smartest man he knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

McCarthy will have some serious concerns about support due to the powerful freedom caucus. He either doesnt feel has the support or the confidence to launch the inquiry.

The GOP has never been more fragmented. You have the traditionalists, the new era republicans, and the RINOs. I think every one of them are thinking how a failed impeachment inquiry will affect their re-election potential as there is still a strong undercurrent of sentiment that there is insufficient concrete evidence that can be proven to warrant said actions.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

As I pointed out in the OP, he does not need support to launch the inquiry.

Thankfully, oversight chairman James Comer has more guts.

This morning, he announced that he is preparing subpoenas for Joe and Hunter Biden to testify.

www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Itherael

As I pointed out in the OP, he does not need support to launch the inquiry.

Thankfully, oversight chairman James Comer has more guts.

This morning, he announced that he is preparing subpoenas for Joe and Hunter Biden to testify.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Unless Biden Sr. chooses to ignore the subpoena, which does have precedence.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Saturday, August 12, 2023

IF/WHEN House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gets around to launching an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY of President Joe Biden's actions, or lack of actions, there will be no shortage of reasons for launching that inquiry.

Several SETS of Impeachment Resolutions have been filed against President Joseph R. Biden, since February 2021...the month after he was sworn into office.

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert filed a set of articles last month. The most recent set was filed just yesterday, by Congressman Greg Steube...

Rep. Greg Steube (R-Fla.) announced he filed articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden on Friday.

In a statement, Steube’s office said he filed the articles against the president for “for high crimes and misdemeanors.” The articles feature accusations of fraud, obstruction of justice, and bribery, stemming from allegations of illegal business dealings and tax crimes.
Continued here: thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tomorrow night, Tucker Carlson needs to ask candidate Trump if he still 100% supports Kevin McCarthy, because we can now add yet ANOTHER TEASE from House Speaker McCarthy, to keep MAGA supporters satisfied, another month or two.

McCarthy's February 2023 promise to release the 30,000 hours of Jan 6, 2021 video to the public, so we could parse it and publish THE TRUTH, never happened.

McCarthy's June promise to start the process of removing President Trump's 2 coup-motivated impeachments, never got started.

NOW, its...

Joe Biden Impeachment Inquiry in September...Maybe: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
TO ALL

Watch this 2019 MSNBC segment and keep it in mind as you hear Democrats howl and complain about House Speaker Kevin McCarthy preparing to launch an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY of President JOE BIDEN.

Democrats Impeachment Inquiry of President Trump goes full-steam ahead.

Mueller didn't get Trump, but we will!: www.msnbc.com...

Unfortunately for them, another failure at getting President Trump removed from office, only increases the severity of the PAYBACK PAIN they'll experience, when the right time comes.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
People need to understand..if Kevin McCarthy will launch an impeachment inquiry, all of the January 6 footage, and any other evidence the committee wants, must be made available quickly.

Impeachment inquiries are like DOJ investigations. They have a lot of muscle.. and can branch to expose multiple potential criminal acts by several individuals.

Democrats and corrupt Republicans do not want this impeachment inquiry.

All the more reason for Kevin McCarthy to get it started ASAP!
💡

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Speaker McCarthy and most "Experts" are still opining that the GOP does NOT have enough votes to launch an impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

I don't know if it's IGNORANCE or COWARDICE or DECEIT, behind this lie.

Nancy Pelosi did not take any votes for the 2019 Impeachment Inquiry of Donald Trump. She simply announced it and assigned the task to specific committee members.

Nancy Pelosi bypassed the Impeachment Inquiry phase totally, prior to Donald Trump being impeached the second time. She just had a short process, followed by the "You're Impeached!" hammer.

McCarthy could schedule an inquiry to begin next week, if he wanted to!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

McCarthy knows that if he launches an impeachment inquiry, especially one based on nothing as was admitted by Nancy Mace lady night, it will cost the GOP the House next year.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Color me shocked. When I read what you posted I thought it couldn't be true.
So I looked it up. It's true. The buy IS an attorney. I'm wondering if he's
allowed to practice law still or if his license got pulled. He's such a mess.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Fear has nothing to do with it. It is about the order and what will actually happen if Biden goes down.

Hunter will be indicted and I am thinking the presser after that happens will be a wild one with Ol Joe. He will be pissed and feel unprotected. He was asked to fill in because no one else was left in 2020. No one and Joe had name recognition.

If he is impeached, currently, Kamala Harris would become President. This cannot happen. I would rather have Biden, or #, HRC in office than her. It also creates a void for the selection of a new VP. It is not just the House leader who is immediately installed if the POTUS is actually voted out.

It is a scary thought. I know Biden is not running things but can you imagine a Kamala White House?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Why do you choose to repeat yourself within your own post, first paragraph is identical (well barring the super size font you used) to the last

Honestly mate step back from politics it’s driving you insane , they are ALL thieves, liars and cheats , your emotional well being is worth more to you than the time you waste decrying them or it should be

Hope one day you see the charade for what it is

new topics

top topics

join