It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Cured of Blindness during Papal Trip to Fatima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
spiritdaily.org...

This young woman from Madrid has recovered her vision this morning in Fatima. This is how she has told us in the COPE microphones. At 16 years old, she suffered a loss of vision due to a myopia problem for more than two years, until only 5% was left. “She couldn’t use her mobile, all through the audience,” she explained to us excitedly.

After all this time without being able to recover, they decided to pray a novena to the Virgen de las Nieves, whose festival is celebrated on August 5. “We have been praying for this for a long time and as it coincided with WYD, we asked all the young people to ask for my healing and today after receiving Communion… I see perfectly. I do not know how to explain it to you.” The Eucharist was celebrated after the Rosary of Pope Francis in Fatima, who, after entering the Chapel of Apparitions, venerated the image of the Virgin Mary of Fatima and stopped praying before her for a few moments in silence.

There is a link to the original story in spanish.

So this teenager, who was almost totally blind and had been for years, suddenly gained back her eyesight at a visit to Fatima. She, along with her family and friends, had been praying a novena for this intention.

For those who don't know, a novena is a set of prayers, usually 9 days in length, for a certain intention and with certain intercession requests. This is based on the original novena, the 9 days that the apostles and Virgin Mary spent in prayer in the Upper Room after Jesus ascended to Heaven. On day 9 the Holy Spirit came and their prayers were answered (and we got Pentecost). Most novenas are 9 days although some are longer. Different intercessions are called upon such as praying to the Holy Spirit or praying the Divine Mercy, etc.

I personally do not attribute this miracle to "pope" Francis. It was clearly due to the novena and the pilgrimage to Fatima. "Pope" Francis isn't really the pope, IMHO. He's just the Bishop of Rome. His election happened while the anointed Vicar of Christ, Benedict, was still alive. You can only have one anointed Vicar of Christ and that anointing doesn't just disappear because you want to retire. You are anointed by God for life.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Personally, I think there's always too many facts missing from tales of these events, such as the health and history of the child. I don't see where conversion disorder (once called 'hysterical blindness') was ruled out, so it's just a heartwarming story.

I do believe in miracles,just not the popey kind.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan2

Providing the story has any truth to it, I hope for her sake it's a permanent restoration of sight. Whether or not it's a "miracle" depends on factors I have no way to know at present, but I don't disbelieve in spontaneous healing. There are quite a few stories out there. Some factual, some anecdotal. I've seen a few things hard to explain in my own lifetime. It's an interesting phenomenon to be sure.

edit on 8/9/2023 by Klassified because: Add and correct

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

PM4U

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It was clearly due to the novena and the pilgrimage to Fatima.

Don't discount the communion.

I have spent the whole Mass asking for my healing, but when I have received communion before opening my eyes the only thing I have felt is peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan2 who knows, glad she has her sight.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There is a thing called visual agnosia (i think that's the name).

It's a mental illness where the brain does not properly process visual information coming from the eyes. And sometimes, a strong feeling, doesn't matter if it's fear or love, can unblock the brain and that person starts seeing again.

No miracle here, just some misdiagnosed medical condition that got healed.

By the way, i'm portuguese, most people i know think that the pastorinhos (the reason for Fatima temple) is a complete lie, that the kids were most likely having allucinations due to either heat or mushrooms. It's common here for people to eat wild mushrooms.

new topics

top topics

join