It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the funniest 6 minutes in cinema history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The 'Sqwuigilum' scene from W.C. Field's "Never Give A Sucker An Even Break". Fields was a comedic genius.

"What inclement weather!"

More W.C. stuff:
I read that Fields was once having a few drinks in his sunroom when it began raining. He found the sounds of the rain on the roof so relaxing, that he would schedule a couple of afternoons every month to have the gardener spray the hose upon the roof while W.C. lounged with a few cocktails.

The sunroom:

W.C.'s estate. Classic Hollywood Golden- Age real estate:
Field's Estate

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Are you really a man?"

"Well, I've been called other things"

LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The saber toothed Great Dane was a nice touch! Lol.

My mother made sure we were exposed to all her favorite movies, actors and actresses from the silent film era through the seventies with comedic geniuses such as Mel Brooks and others.

We grew up on Warner Bros. cartoons and short films which really shaped our humor well into adulthood.

I appreciate her for that. Ingrid Bergman always reminds me of the way my mother looked when she was young. Very similar.

I'm Gen X by the way.

⭐+πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Yeah, I liked the Dane too!

And if I had a sunroom like that, I don't think I would ever leave it!

They don't make them like W.C. Fields any more.
What a shame.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My favorite W. C. Fields line: "Anybody who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad." lol

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i never really thought he was that funny myself..just my own personal view. there were people far funnier than he during these times. not trying to cast shade, each to their own..but he has never really even made me smile.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Having an opinion or position on a subject is called 'shade' now? We could all be a bit more respectful of others perspectives, just taking care not to entertain the incoherent and delusional ones, lol.

If you haven't had a good laugh in a while, you should watch the movie "The Great Race", (1965.) Staring: Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon, Peter Falk.
m.imdb.com...

At the very least it has one of the best sword fights in cinematic history! But it's far better than that, imo!

I guarantee you'll crack a smile along the way! Lol.

PS - "WELCOME TO BORACHO HONEY!" LOL (You watch the movie you'll understand.)

edit on 8/3/2023 by EternalShadow because: add link

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

this was good, no doubt, its a mad mad mad mad world i would say had me rolling.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That was so funny and creative. I had no idea he was funny. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join