It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMOC is shutting down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Watching the present climate disruptions the geo-political state of things. Looking for reasons can be difficult but we seem to have a driver which seems to be showing such significant changes that a projection with regard to timing and its impact can be ascertained with a high degree of probability. With consequences showing in the opening preludes. The Amoc has significantly slowed and the consequences for rainfall food production etc seem to be ignored. Significant increases in rainfall have already occurred in many places, with drought in others as the new precipitation bands form. and temperature increases off the East Coast appear to be the driver of storm systems. Anyone interested in the future for planning purposes would be advised to take these signs into consideration.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I did not watch the video, but you can sure they're messing with the weather. In order to prove 'climate change' and to further their dystopian agenda (famine, control through social credit scores etc). I'm dreading the future

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
as always, look to the sun.

People have this bizarre earth centric reality. The Sun doesnt care what we think or do. It does what it does and the earth profits or suffers.

That being said, we should be better stewards, but the environment here is vastly more effected by the sun than anything we could ever hope to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This guy in the video - could put you asleep - in fact he maybe trying to brainwash you lol

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Not just that, but we've also had a massive volcanic activity last year. Hell, Tonga blew up yet nobody is talking about how that effected the weather for the next few decades. now we have a re-glacialazation period coming, and the UN is telling us that "The Earth will Boil", while scientists are saying the literal opposite.

If we look back in history to right before the little ice age (1600s till 1850), we can see a lot of similarities with what we are seeing today. I think the big panic is fake, and that even if we go headlong into an ice age it won't happen overnight and with planning everyone will be fine.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I like your wisdom of thought. I'd like to add something to it though. Weather is like our heart, it beats in rhythm and when the rhythm is changed by un-natural surroundings, weather can change in a heart-beat for the WORSE. I think this is what has happened thoughout the Earths' existence.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I am watching things like solar storms so strong we see the Aurora down as far as South Oklahoma. Also, seismic activity lights up the ring of fire as a result and volcanoes dissolve glaciers under the Ice in Antarctica I realize the Sun is the biggest driver of weather buy a huge factor. Humankind has an impact as well but we are like nothing compared to the Sun.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

People have this bizarre earth centric reality. The Sun doesnt care what we think or do. It does what it does and the earth profits or suffers.

Yes, and what it mostly does is not vary its total solar irradiance very much. There are at least two dozen ground based solar observatories around the world, not to mention several space-based solar observatories in orbit. This might be a new idea to you, but direct measurement of the Sun's energy output has been going on for a long time. The average energy output that has been shining on the top of the Earth's atmosphere from 1700 to the present is about 1361 Watts/cm^2 with a variation of about 1/10 of one percent, mostly due to the 11 year sunspot cycle:

www.climate.gov...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The biggest problem with the AMOC weakening is that the heat it would normally carry up towards NW Europe has to go somewhere else. So, other parts of the world will get even warmer .....

A shut down should at least moderate the warming in the UK though.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Another thing that most likely will happen, which seems to be in the early stages now is that the Sahara will green up again. In the last few years, they have had snow around the GP and floods in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The weather is a weapon now. It has been for quite some time. These gigantic storms are man made with care and love from your local Military Industrial Complex. My state recently got rid of plastic bags in stores to save the planet so now i have to put all of my plastic jars and plastic plates and plastic cups and plastic packages and plastic wrappers in my own bags now.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
For those unfamiliar with AMOC...en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I am ignorant of how it works, but it made me think of what happens when all the water disappears at the beach.

Some people spend too much time gawking at the anomaly, that they don't think about what happens when the water returns.

Is this the kind of activity to expect before the Earth flips?

I don't know enough to make a projection, but your post did float this idea of possibility to the forefront of my mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: greendust

Yes, and what it mostly does is not vary its total solar irradiance very much. There are at least two dozen ground based solar observatories around the world, not to mention several space-based solar observatories in orbit. This might be a new idea to you, but direct measurement of the Sun's energy output has been going on for a long time. The average energy output that has been shining on the top of the Earth's atmosphere from 1700 to the present is about 1361 Watts/cm^2 with a variation of about 1/10 of one percent, mostly due to the 11 year sunspot cycle:

www.climate.gov...

I have looked at their information and also at information from climatologist that do not agree with your view. I bet you cannot say the same. Man, you just have to be a government spokesperson. You believe EVERYTHING they say. Anyway, yeah, no one is completely right about this. I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. I still think however that the sun is for some reason absent from most global warming enthusiast reports.

I also sort of hate how this issue is always parlayed into "you must give us more control! we will fix it!" And they have been saying that every since I can remember and they keep passing laws and raising funds and yet nothing ever gets better - even according to them. What a gravy train!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

If we were spending the massive amount of money to plan and adapt to climate change then I would be down for it.

Problem is, we aren't spending wisely.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I was in the Western Sahara last Oct. crossing the Atlas mtns. We camped in the desert and stayed at an oasis. The last night we were there, it rained for the first time in 4 years locally.

As we drove back across the Atlas, climbing ever higher, we actually saw snow at the very highest peaks. The locals were very excited by this.

I saw plenty of camel that day, out drinking rainwater that had collected in the gullies along side the highway. I love camels, they are SO cute! Those buggers are fast, as the van approached, they took off running. So I saw alot of camel backend.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The vid does suggest that if the water is not flowing then it tends to raise the level in the area it would have flowed from, I suppose this would increase the weight on a fracture zone.

new topics

top topics

join