It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Incredible Car Show in the Smoky Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Some of you may remember that I use to have a hobby of making videos of hiking and car shows in the Smoky Mountains a few years ago. I'd gotten really sick and had to stop for quite a while. I'm finally healthy enough to get back out and do some of the things I always liked.

I don't make any money from YouTube or anywhere else for these videos, I just like sharing them with you all and talking about them. I'm trying to get better at making them. If you watch my other video from a month or two ago, you can see it was pretty bad. I think this new one is a bit better, but I still have a lot to learn and remember.

There were some really awesome cars at this show. A couple cobra replicas, a rare Mercury Dan Gurney Special, an extremely rare 1962 Super Duty 421 Catalina (1 of only 200), some awesome thunderbirds, a 1927 model T, a Torino, a few mustangs, a MB 500k replica, and a bunch of other awesome cars.

These are collector's cars from a private auto club who put on this show, so there was not really a crowd there, mainly it was just the owners themselves. There was no admission fee or anything. I don't think they even advertised for the show, so I was pretty excited to get invited.

I wish some of you could've been there. It felt like 120 degrees at 9am. I recorded until about 12:30pm, until I came about half a step away from a heat stroke,

. . . which was fine, because the show was held in the Smoky Mountains, right next to a mountain river (it's called "The Y" around here). As soon as you get too hot, walk about 150ft and jump into an ice cold river for a swim. It's hot enough that your clothes will be completely dry in about 20 minutes.

Sorry for the long post, but It was really a great day. I hope y'all get to do stuff like this where you live or get the chance to visit the Smokies and experience it yourself.

(if the video isn't in HD, it will be in about 30minutes from time of posting)

edit on 20-7-2023 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hi pleased you're feeling better and getting back out and about. Love the video, absolutely lots of beautiful cars there, I'm in the UK and have always had a strong love and admiration for American muscle cars and cars from the 60s and 70s. Loved the video, nice one

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crissxcross

Thanks, I was surprised how many showed up. There were a few European cars there, but mainly all American classics. There were a bunch of rare ones. I was hoping someone may be able to tell me which was the most rare. I think it was probably the super duty catalina.

join