It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left censors free expression once again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13
a reply to: StoutBroux

Potatoes potatoes

It's the same Freedom of Speech both enjoy. What's the big deal?

When you wanna killa cop... you should be put in prison. Lyrics or not. You're inciting violence.

Doesn't matter what color or what "music" you're getting it from.

Dude, you should really calm down. Your stress is stressing me. I don't know what you're so wound up about. Some rappers make a song about killing people. It's bad. Rednecks singing songs about taking the law into their own hands - on the downlow... It's the same thing. It's just hatred.

I don't agree with any of it. But you're obviously trying to support one side of it because... whataboutism.

"That's now this works. That's not how any of this works".

It's that simple.

They're BOTH bad.

Free speech doesn't have to pass a "nice" test.

Free speech is often ugly.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Timber13

What if your town is run by leftists and have defunded the police?

Do you just accept your fate or do you protect what you have?

Awe hell naw... Not in my town! I'm just gonna grab my shotguns, all my ammo, my rifles, and every damn thing I can fit in my truck and I'm moving!

Chances are, brother. I wouldn't be in that town. It's bad enough I live in a liberal area now. Just waiting for those guys to tare that down too before moving off to another one. They seem to implode like that, don't they?

I want to compare it with a critter infestation but that's too much from me for one day

Added: I can't leave it empty without an answer like that. I don't know. That's a hard one. You can't go out killing people you don't like or that don't follow your thoughts. As bad as you might want to strangle someone you can't do that either.

It's tough because I can say "I'll just keep being me and to hell with anyone that doesn't like it - I was here first and it's always been this way". But people don't like that. People will rush towards those words like a mating call of the highest 10! Just to piss all over it.

I think certain movie quotes apply here. I mean.. Do you want to be a hero? To who? But when you're in a corner and your hands are tied? Is there an answer or is it just eventually a point where compulsion will finally win over.

I wouldn't make a song about it.

That leaves evidence.

edit on CDT4307bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 21 Jul 2023 19:43:20 -050013 by Timber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You protect what you have.

We are lucky to have the 2nd Amendment and we can actually shoot people who feel their lives are less important than my stuff.

And I have friends with a backhoe.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

Potatoes potatoes

It's the same Freedom of Speech both enjoy. What's the big deal?

When you wanna killa cop... you should be put in prison. Lyrics or not. You're inciting violence.

Doesn't matter what color or what "music" you're getting it from.

Dude, you should really calm down. Your stress is stressing me. I don't know what you're so wound up about. Some rappers make a song about killing people. It's bad. Rednecks singing songs about taking the law into their own hands - on the downlow... It's the same thing. It's just hatred.

I don't agree with any of it. But you're obviously trying to support one side of it because... whataboutism.

"That's now this works. That's not how any of this works".

It's that simple.

They're BOTH bad.

Free speech doesn't have to pass a "nice" test.

Free speech is often ugly.

Absolutely. 100% agree.

I was banned from a Steam forum the other day for literally telling a guy to stop being an ass to me. The word "ass". We're in 2023. We haven't figured out that most cussword's are silly yet. Or quoting Bugs Bunny "What a moroon". Got banned for saying that too.

I completely agree that free speech is often ugly. No one uses it in that manner more than me

Just so there's no confusion where I stand. I don't stand on a or any side. That would mean that I follow idiots, murderers, warmongers, thieves, trolls, liers and all the hateful things that politics bring. It's just sad that we swim in a lake of it with no land in sight to dry off.

But in the end - laws are laws but right and wrong is still right and wrong. I don't for one bit believe right and wrong is conditional or based on the individual.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You protect what you have.

We are lucky to have the 2nd Amendment and we can actually shoot people who feel their lives are less important than my stuff.

And I have friends with a backhoe.

Just sayin'.

Agree

But it's like a soldier going to war. Killing is evil. No one can argue that. But there are a lot of questions on what makes it right if anything could. It's not like you can exhaust all options before shooting someone.

In your situation, there are a LOT of buts. But I applaud your brevity. They say 2/3 of all murders aren't solved. But I don't condone trying your luck. We're not so much out of options to where you have to resort to doing 'that'.

Freedoms in general are a bich! What are you going to do? Everyone thinks their freedom is bigger than yours.

I guess it's on then
edit on CDT5507bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 21 Jul 2023 19:55:08 -050013 by Timber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2
I'm two out of three. And I sorely miss the days when country was akin to "Jolene", "Country Roads" and whatever the Highwaymen were putting out that year.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

The song's lyrics also sounds like authoritarian vigilantism of the highest order.

Been spending too much time in whackadoo land I see...

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: beyondknowledge2
The song is about people taking the law into their own hands.

No, it's about people being willing to stand up to a mob and defend their homes and places of business.

I'm confused by your confusion.

No, you're just confused.

(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy
Killing is evil.

Not always...

No one can argue that.

I just did...

But there are a lot of questions on what makes it right if anything could.

You just said you couldn't argue it - now you're going to?

Make up your mind...

It's not like you can exhaust all options before shooting someone.

I can. I can explain to them if they keep trying to break down my door, I will shoot them and kill them.

If they broke down my door, and I shot and killed them, that is not evil, and they would deserve it.

(post by Timber13 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Now that I have read the lyrics to this song it sounds like he's talking about/to white affluent liberals... no wonder they are so pissed at him.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   

kworb.net...

Some country singer named Aldean wrote a song about stopping violence in small towns and the left lost their minds and has banned, canceled, this guys song.

I thought free expression was something everyone supported.

Guess I was wrong.

It has nothing to do with the song.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think he filmed the video on site of a famous "lynching", caught crap for it...(?)

Other films have been shot there. Never heard a word about it.

What films?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join