It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to download all books,videos and info on flash drive or old phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm looking to fill over 100gb of survival stuff including foraging, planting, water filtration, security and more on a couple old phones and flash drives.

Is there one place or there where you can download it all?

I'm prepared as much as can be and have most of the practiced knowledge in my head.

However, if I die, I want others to be able to continue. So I want to download as much as I can so others can continue workout me.

Where is one place to get it all please? Someone knows here, I'm sure.

Thank you and good bless.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

Have you not had a dig into the survival forum?

ATS Survival Forum

Granted, it might not be all in one but theres always interesting things in there with a little digging.

edit on 19-7-2023 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

From a thread by RUSSO, there was a link to a website with 75+ survival ebooks.

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There is over 19,000 books on survival stored in the link below. Some are duplicates. Have fun.

archive.org...

I have recently invested in some 1 tb combination USB a and c thumb drives just for this purpose and also storing entertainment. They are like 15 USD on eBay. Stored in a metal pill container, they should survive anything short of crushing or actual blast. You will need a smart phone, notebook, or tablet to read them. As long as you can charge the device in some way, they would be useful after even a emp attack. The power system and plugged in devices will most likely be lost but the odds of finding or having a stored device that works is quite higher than most think. I have some wire in USB adapters for vehicles, wire in meters, small tools, etc. for use to charge devices if needed. Car batteries might still be good if the cars are dead.

I even have rechargable AA and AAA batteries with USB powered chargers. Nice to be able to charge them from anything that can be adapted to USB.
edit on 19-7-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

Good one!

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks a lot y'all. I saved sooooo much time with asking a question on the smartest page to do so. I truly have grown to love this group for over 20 years.

Thank you and good luck to our combined future.

Good bless

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I would recommend smaller, let's say 128 gig drives just to make copying them easier in a reasonable amount of time. It takes a while to duplicate 100 gig.

I recently doubled the micro SD in my phone and it took about a day to copy 100 gig out then another day to put it back in the new 256 gig micro sd card. I am still rebuilding playlists.

I have downloaded some more TV series and movies along with several gig of survival information. I only have 90 something gig left free now.

Local storage is the way to go as the cloud and other online storage will be the first to go down in any really bad situation. Also, much like the Encyclopedia Galactica, it is rether inconvenient to carry a small building of books around with you when you might need any one of the books eventually.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Have you not had a dig into the survival forum?

ATS Survival Forum

Granted, it might not be all in one but theres always interesting things in there with a little digging.

I have more rings than I can count for a long time. I'm looking for all in one place kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If anyone is looking for some quick downloadable information, try the links below. You can download the zip files easily then unzip them into many documents.

archive.org...

archive.org...

You end up with 200 documents in 894 mb.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah i did think so

edit on 19-7-2023 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is a great idea, but be real, alot of what you will find with a question like this won't pertain to you. ( where you live, what you want, etc) Maybe narrow it down alittle, with some of these links there is no way you could read and understand them all. Last I checked we're only human lol and can't hold everything we want to know. Awesome OP though

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I’d suggest downloading all of Wikipedia too. About 100gb with pictures, 50gb without.

Good way to get a broad spectrum of other information.
edit on 19-7-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't know , as I got most from my upbringing in the country .
I am an ol country boy .
And , a website from a long time ago that kicked off the long lasting "zombie craze" .
"How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse , World War Z"
Humorously about World War Z , but a true survivalist site.
I bought the books .
edit on 7/19/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I’d suggest downloading all of Wikipedia too. About 100gb with pictures, 50gb without.

Can you provide the download link please? I don't feel like downloading it one entry at a time. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Can you provide the download link please? I don't feel like downloading it one entry at a time. Thanks.

wiki data dump

Edit: this is the direct link to download, note the site is “Wikimedia, not Wikipedia. I had the tutorial from the Wikipedia page as I don’t like links from sites I don’t recognize. But that link wouldn’t work in ATS as it wanted an emoji in the middle because of the format.

If you’re nervous about the link, you can google “Wikipedia data dump”, it’s an open source project, so they offer the tutorial and download of their archive at any time.

You can even buy offline readers so you can have a good dedicated device for it, which is listed in the tutorial.

top topics

join