It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maps of Africa that shouln't exist

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Bright Insite has found some maps of Africa that show lakes and rivers in the Sahara, which are backed up by the latest geographical surveys.Not just one but many, one of which goes back to the time of Ptolemy. The conclusions are that climate change is dynamic and ongoing in a cyclic nature.It also suggests that if these cities and rivers were not in those sandhills five hundred years back, then they are derived from a far ancient source when they did exist. Some show the Rchat structure with a river to the Mediterranean and tend to back up the mollusk finds in the area dating to the time said river existed.A very interesting and novel vid for the enquiring mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Another compelling video! I have enjoyed both of his Richat structure videos and this one provides some good supporting evidence for the notion of a pre-history civilization in not just NW, but the entirety of Northern Africa.

I think more than a few of us on ATS and a number of academics have bandied some theories regarding this area for some time.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They would have needed to predate Egypt. Older than 3,500 BCE.

Holocene Wet Period ended between 3,500 BCE and 4,500 BCE. Sahara is wet and green for about 10k years of every 23,000, so it wouldn't surprise me. There's also 4 great lake sized lakes that appear. Monsoon patterns will green the Sahara once again in about 5000 years. Just waiting on Earth's tilt.

These are really old civilizations if the sahara still had freshwater rivers originating within it. But worth saying Egypt came to be where it did for a reason. When the savanna dried up, Egypt gets going around the last remaining freshwater in Northern Africa.

This also applies the The Arabian desert and ones at similar latitudes. Perhaps civilization was partly out of necessity to coexist around the last remaining freshwater. 500 years before Mesopotamia, Iraq was still grassland as well.
edit on 18-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
what happened to all that water under libya from just a few years ago?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

It is still down in the water table, but it seems that the rains are returning.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
maybe old maps got information and older maps from looted material library of alexandria looted by romans

same place they got maps to get to america

alexandria loot is in vatican

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I doubt whether anything that could make someone rich got chucked in the bathhouse fires.I will be waiting for the information from the libraries of Timbuktu they are digitalizing them now, I bet that source is as good as the Libray at Alexandria. The king was an avid bibliophile.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 7/19/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I bet the ancient river systems of Sahara were destroyed as an act of war in ancient times.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I think it's just more proof that these ancient civilizations interacted with each other, from across continents no less.

Which is common sense, really... I don't understand how scientists can claim people couldn't sail between the Aleutian Islands to get from Asia to North America? Or even just a straight shot from Alaska to Russia?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

I bet the ancient river systems of Sahara were destroyed as an act of war in ancient times.

Not likely. The Sahara is actually much larger than the size of the United States

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Bright Insite has found some maps of Africa that show lakes and rivers in the Sahara, which are backed up by the latest geographical surveys.Not just one but many, one of which goes back to the time of Ptolemy. The conclusions are that climate change is dynamic and ongoing in a cyclic nature.It also suggests that if these cities and rivers were not in those sandhills five hundred years back, then they are derived from a far ancient source when they did exist. Some show the Rchat structure with a river to the Mediterranean and tend to back up the mollusk finds in the area dating to the time said river existed.A very interesting and novel vid for the enquiring mind.

Is there any argument that climate change is cyclical? There have been many warm periods and cold periods. Periods where the atmosphere was much thicker with oxygen and CO2. Times when rivers and forests flourished in the Sahara and other inhospitable places. Much was lost in the burning of the library in Alexandria. Much else remains secreted away in places like the Vatican Library.

Interesting video though. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Not likely. The Sahara is actually much larger than the size of the United States

I dont see why not. The last water was running in those ancient rivers in a time where there was agriculture and livestock, those two things alone have been seen as a possible explanation of the desert existing in the first place, anyways, when the water started to deplete, it became more valuable and easier to control. Even a beaver can do it.
edit on 19-7-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The story we are told is these really old maps were based on older material and on writings and sayings from various people from the time they were made. The problem, as shown in the video is that many of these maps show a very different world than what we are told in our mainstream history.
Giving the example of Africa, you have maps from the 1400s who show cities and castles allover the continent, a much smaller Sahara desert, rivers that don't exist today, basically stuff that looks from an alternate reality, and the same goes for the other continents, you have North America with cities, California as an island, the north Pole with lands, and Europe and Asia with countries and empires that don't show up in history books.
The excuse of the mainstream scientists is all these cities, castles, empires and new land on these mapas were made up, using fake information and untruthful source material, the big problem here is there is no way anyone in the 1400s in Europe would be able to draw the entire Africa, Europe and Asia with mind-blowing precision in a time the Portuguese just began exploring sub Sahara Africa.

My take on all this is the Europeans of the 1400s already had these older maps and real descriptions of the world inherited from previous empires, so when these strange maps were made the Europeans of that time thought Africa was like that, a continent full of cities and Empires, when they arrived there they saw a different world, mostly jungle and some tribes and kings, a desert much bigger than supposed to be, and so on. Thats when they began doing actual maps of the world and forgetting the old ones. These maps to me are the proof something huge happened on Earth long ago, and Africa is the continent that took the hardest hit, I wonder the insane amount of ancient structures that are hidden deep under layers of sand, dirt and jungle.

One thing is certain, our history is mostly a lie, it would be easier to find what happened in the past if it wasn't erased and rewritten many times, only God knows. I'll leave here a map from the 1400s, from the time before the Europeans went to explore the world. It shows the ancient world before something happened, from an era no one knows when, we don't even know if we are really in 2023.

edit on 4-10-2023 by glass87onion because: forgot file

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: glass87onion

is it possible some old maps and documents were in the library of alexandria and looted by romans and possible retained by the vatican? many people wonder how spain knew where to go in 1492!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Would have been nice to peruse that library back in the day.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: glass87onion

is it possible some old maps and documents were in the library of alexandria and looted by romans and possible retained by the vatican? many people wonder how spain knew where to go in 1492!

No, it's not possible.
Rome owned the library, they didn't "loot" it.
What they took from there was placed in their own libraries in Rome, and multiple copies were made of almost everything the Library of Alexandria had.
Besides, it was a Greek library (we know the Greeks pretty well) and other libraries from the time - with copies from Alexandria - survived.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join