It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocurrency Ripple (XRP) - Judge rules retail NOT a security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So yesterday Ripple (XRP), in their 2.5 year lawsuit with the SEC won a summary judgement stating that while investor overrings of the cryptocurrency are a security, retail is NOT. This is a huge win for the them and the crypto industry as a whole. The price surged ~ 75% after the statement was released.

Link to article

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Absinth3
So yesterday Ripple (XRP), in their 2.5 year lawsuit with the SEC won a summary judgement stating that while investor overrings of the cryptocurrency are a security, retail is NOT. This is a huge win for the them and the crypto industry as a whole.

XRP is a trojan horse, and will likely be what is used by the Fed when they try to roll out their CBDC.

Yes, many are celebrating - very prematurely I might add. This decision is only with respect to XRP, not the industry in general, and this is just a single judge in a District Court... the SEC can appeal. The question is, do they even want to. They could be using this case to position XRP for their CBDC rollout. But each crypto is very different from the other, and the fact is, the vast majority of #coins are still #coins.

Also, the fact that XRP is considered a security for purposes of investor purchases, this means they will still have to fully comply with the law regarding securities, and register, and with that comes the one big thing that none of the cryptos want to do, including Ripple/XRP - and that is they will have to provide full disclosure.

This is far, far from over. I imagine XRP is the only one that will get this pass (for the above stated reason), with the only other one having any chance at all being Etherium.
edit on 14-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
XRP was built with the banking community involved to comply with all the banking regulations. For a crypto in this market it is out in front.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
XRP is more of a utility than a crypto coin. Every bank that wants to use it will have to own it therefore I expect it to moon as time goes on.
XRP got their verdict days before Fednow comes out. I don’t think this is a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I never liked Ripple and I never trusted it.

Unlike Bitcoin, which can be mined by whomever, XRP is a centralized crypto in which all new XRP is created by the controllers of XRP.

They created a money generating machine all for themselves, and were somehow allowed to get this far with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
I never liked Ripple and I never trusted it.

Unlike Bitcoin, which can be mined by whomever, XRP is a centralized crypto in which all new XRP is created by the controllers of XRP.

They created a money generating machine all for themselves, and were somehow allowed to get this far with it.

This is precisely why I don't think this ruling will withstand appeal...

The questions whether or not it will be appealed. It may not be, if this was the decision 'they' wanted.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Of course Ripple is the favored choice for CBDC rollout. It's an official partner of the WEF thecryptobasic.com...

top topics

join