It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How MF DOOM Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
His wife shared some details, and it's horrific.

[...]Before his death, MF Doom seemed fit and well but had a number of health conditions including kidney disease, Jasmine Dumile told the inquest. After two doses of a new blood pressure medication, he went to an emergency room with breathing problems and swelling of the throat and tongue. He stayed in what Jasmine Dumile portrayed as a substandard hospital room with a bed and an old metal desk. “I don’t want to say it was an old storage room,” she told the inquest, but “it wasn’t set up.” Medics in the courtroom said it was one of several rooms attached to the emergency department. Doom died during the United Kingdom’s second wave of COVID-19 fatalities, though it is unclear whether bed shortages affected his treatment.

During his stay, Doom’s health suddenly deteriorated, the inquest heard. On October 21, struggling to breathe, he tried to get off his hospital trolley, collapsed, and went into respiratory arrest. Jasmine Dumile’s legal representatives questioned the frequency of welfare check-ups and, in one instance, a two-hour delay in giving medication for his throat swelling. During another sudden downturn, his help buzzer had been placed out of reach, the inquest heard. Jasmine Dumile said, at one point, she received a distress call from her husband and had to call the hospital to inform nurses herself. Due to pandemic restrictions, she was barred from in-person visits until staff turned off the respirator on the day of his death.

The hospital trust said it carried out a “serious incident investigation” after MF Doom’s death and subsequently recommended updates to the hospital’s management of patients with angioedema. The inquest is ongoing.

MF Doom’s Wife Sheds Light on Circumstances of His Death

The NHS truly seems to be doomed like the rest of us, good night!
MF DOOM FOREVER.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

It reads quite funny, not knowing what MF Doom is.

No more frigging doom and gloom, sounded like a promising premise.
Now I know better....
So many have suffered the same fate during the covid craze it's horrible.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Humor is one way to deal with tension, if you cannot laugh about it you are in serious trouble.

Link

Some decorum when RIP comes up next time. A quick search also helps when questions arise.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

RIP to one of the best to ever do it!

A genius mind who effortlessly combined His tremendous vocabulary with His free-form style to produce some of the grittiest street hip hop of our generation.

A True Wordsmith.

With All Due Respect,
~meathead

edit on 6-7-2023 by Mike Stivic because: Typo

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I'm a huge MF DOOM fan and all his alliases; easilly one of the most tallented musicians in the last few decades and easilly on par with J Dilla.

The announcement of his death was a very low key post on facebook or twitter by his cousin and had not seen any mention of details and all seemed similarly secretive and undereground infitting with his MF DOOM persona.

Had no idea he died in the UK and would of missed all this really confusing and intruiging info if you hadn't posted the thread. Why was he in Leeds in the first place - I don't think he's done any shows in the UK so seems a bit odd.

edit on 6-7-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Forgot to post his best work and he raps about stuff that I think most on ATS would be interested in.

This is his excellent take on the MIC and all the problems and conspiracy that goes with it - he's an intellectual philosopher, documentarian and incredibly secretive figure that I think a lot of users here would love - he's not a gangsta rapper he's a true poet and wordsmith.

They pray four times a day, they pray five
Who ways is strange when it's time to survive?
Some will go of they own free will to die
Others take them with you when they blow sky high

What's the difference? All you get is lost children
While the bosses sit up behind the desks
It cost billions to blast humans in half, into calves and arms
Only one side is allowed to have bombs

It's like making a soldier drop his weapon
Shooting him, and telling him to get to stepping
Obviously, they came to portion up his fortune
Sounds to me like that old robbery/extortion

Same game
(Strange ways)
Ya can't reform 'em

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Didn´t even know he died. Too bad, another great HipHop artist who is no longer with us. Another victim of the Great Reset (the Corona part of it)?

Have to listen to some Metal Fingers aka King Geedorah aka Viktor Vaughn aka Madvillain aka MF DOOM stuff now...

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wait DOOM was born in the UK??????????

From the OP article

Doom, who was born Dumile Daniel Thompson in the United Kingdom and moved back to England with his family in 2010, died in Leeds in October 2020 after a severe reaction to a blood pressure medication.

I always thought he was American and assumed he'd always lived over there. Would never have guessed his background was from Yorkshire and just round the corner.

My mind is truly blown. I bought a MF DOOM t shirt from his US label, Stones Throw, and customs intercepted it and had to pay around £100 for it in the end - had no idea he lived so close.

The OP article is a treasure trove of information about a very elusive charecter who must have reeleased around 100 albums under his various psuedonyms. He's fantastic at creating major rabbit holes to dive into.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So I go to this MF Doom show and my GF gets kicked out for being drunk so didnt see the whole show, told a "friend" about it and he said it didnt matter andthat it wasnt the real Doom at that show and Doom gets other people to wear the mask and do shows... anyone else hear that #? like this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for this.

MF Doom is in my Top 5... absolutely brilliant lyricist. Your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

I thought he committed suicide. I recall the info surrounding his death was very murky.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This video of Mos Def admiring Doom's lyricism always cracks me up. He truly was your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

He was was from that old school era of hip hop where bars mattered and he brought it with his metaphors, similes, and double entendres. One of the best to do it. EVER.

top topics

join