It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centers For Disease Control Issues Guidance On Men Properly Breastfeeding Babies.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Why the CDC would attempt to offer "guidance" on something as ridiculous as men breastfeeding babies is so obviously political in nature. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people in the world who believe the CDC is a really good and honest organization, and so someone gave the command for the CDC to render assistance for this "AGENDA".

It's definitely political, and this specific guidance is definitely political. The health and well-being of both the babies AND the parents is secondary. The CDC said exactly what they wanted to say, sending a message to transgender males who want to breastfeed, but without saying it outright and thus preserving their plausible deniability.

Personally, I don't think it will help. Everyone knows it is a lie to begin with, not to mention it is uncaring of babies health and wellbeing.

While I was reading around the matter last night, I found a few accounts where even men who identify as women (and, in this case, mothers) understand it is not in the best interests of the child.

I think what will happen is that many transgender men will do what they've gotta do to lactate, and will do so for the experience -- be it a genuine desire to bond, or for "validation," or just cheap sex thrills -- but will provide formula as the primary source of nourishment and sustenance. It will be frowned upon by the wider society, of course, and kept behind closed doors, but not be illegal. I don't feel good about that.

It even qualifies for Child Protective Services to be called when some "Man" does this. It certainly would have happened in the past before people became so corrupted of soul and mind.

The CDC covered their ass there, by noting that oftentimes mothers will need to supplement their breast milk with formula, or even provide formula as the primary food source. As long as these transgender parents give their babies enough formula to keep them healthy and growing, and I expect they will, I don't think CPS will be necessary.

Unfortunately, I'm concerned about those that do NOT provide enough formula, the baby does NOT thrive, but no one calls the appropriate authorities because it's not "woke", or if they do, the authorities fail to take proper action because it wouldn't be "woke".

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
I've never raised a child, but I'm still pretty sure the correct way for a man to breastfeed an infant is to hand that infant over to a woman, or the infant is going to starve.

That makes more sense than what's coming out of the CDC.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

andusually theres a bunch of medications involved that we don't know how they affect newborns

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: Boadicea

andusually theres a bunch of medications involved that we don't know how they affect newborns

Exactly. We don't know short-term effects or long-term effects. Many mothers who have trouble breastfeeding don't bother with the drugs, and just go straight to formula feeding. I don't blame them! Babies still need to be held and cuddled while feeding, so mothers get their bonding time and baby gets fed with no drugs. Their baby's well being is the priority.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: carewemust

Oh no. I'm just gutted. This isn't at all what I thought it would be. What it should be.

These are babies who need -- NEED -- proper nourishment and nurturing. Not a male bodied person pretending to breastfeed a vulnerable infant. Whatever hormonal chemical cocktail these men are producing, it is not comparable to breast milk. This fluid does not provide proper vitamins and minerals in their proper amounts and ratios for growth and development. Nor does it provide the mother's antibodies which are crucial for health. And they have NO FRICKING IDEA what those chemicals and synthetic hormones will do to the baby, neither short-term nor long-term.

This is inhumane and a crime against humanity.

Women naturally have varying amounts of testosterone in their bodies and some of us have higher testosterone levels than some men do.

Here's a good web page on what hormones (found in all human bodies) are found in breast milk. Notice that androgens and estrogens are far down on the list and are MUCH less important that things like human growth hormone, etc.

Biologically female bodies are not consistent in how much milk they produce (be it animal bodies or human bodies.) If the sex hormones were that important, every living creature that nursed from its mother would grow breasts and have genitalia that tended toward being female in presentation.

Any trans man who becomes pregnant will be under a physician's care and will have had The Talk by the doctor about which medications are okay for pregnancy and which aren't. They're going to have so much lab work done that they'll be very tired of seeing the phlebotonist. If the hormones will harm the baby, I feel certain that the parent is going to stop them for this very much wanted child.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Unfortunately, I'm concerned about those that do NOT provide enough formula, the baby does NOT thrive, but no one calls the appropriate authorities because it's not "woke", or if they do, the authorities fail to take proper action because it wouldn't be "woke".

A starving baby is a starving baby. No physician or nurse is going to look away, no matter if the parent is straight, gay, lesbian, or even transgender. It's part of the vow you take as a physician and part of the code of ethics for nursing staff and others in healthcare.

And speaking from observational experience, docs get REALLY twitchy if the little one is low birth weight.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

If the hormones will harm the baby, I feel certain that the parent is going to stop them for this very much wanted child.

I tend to agree with you. And I don't exclude transgender parents in this regard. They want healthy babies too.

Unfortunately, there will always be parents who will make wrong decisions... bad decisions... for a variety of reasons. There will also always be doctors who give wrong information and bad information, which worries me even more.

But that's why we have safety nets. As long as folks are getting the information and help they need, and the authorities are doing their jobs properly advising and guiding the parents, physical harm to babies should be minimal. I hope.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

A starving baby is a starving baby. No physician or nurse is going to look away, no matter if the parent is straight, gay, lesbian, or even transgender. It's part of the vow you take as a physician and part of the code of ethics for nursing staff and others in healthcare.

I really hope you're right about that. Because I do worry that many healthcare providers will be hesitant to rat out a transgender person to proper authorities. Even then, though, I would hope that they would still provide help and guidance even if outside established protocols.

And speaking from observational experience, docs get REALLY twitchy if the little one is low birth weight.

Interesting. My babies were huge from the start, so I never had that problem!

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would have never thought that a subject like this would emerge from any sane segment of society.

Many people that I know have expressed the same bewilderment, and most of them do not even want to talk about it.

Perhaps it is best left at that.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

You're keeping the conversation about men using their nipple to feed hungry mouths, alive and moving along.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No, just venting disgust with the whole subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Keep the mental disorder alive.

This is a two train, 1 plane and multi car pile up. What a wreck.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am aware of two transgender people in my small apartment complex (~50 units).

The one I have interacted with looks like a woman, but has the personality and mannerisms of a high functioning autistic male teenager. I think she's in her early 30s.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join