It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI has turned every WiFi router into a camera that can work in the dark

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i think some are misunderstanding, it not using a camera.
it's using the signal that the router transmits, sorta like radar. the signal is a em wavelengths or radio wave if you would like to call it that that travels through the air and travels around stuff.

now i might be misunderstanding the way they are saying it works, but instead of a actual return to the signal origin they have figured out a way to follow the signals / transmission packets, bands and channels as it travels around what ever the object it's running into and create a image from that. think of it like throwing a rock into the water. it produces ripples and as they travel out and comes up on something they don't stop and bounce back they wrap around and travel on.

a picture to illustrate, if you look at the bottom of the grass where it comes out of the water, you'll see the ripple doesn't stop it wraps around the blades and travels on.

here is another that shows how the signal might radiate out, up, and down.

as i said in my earlier post, yeah i can see them knowing something is there, but a certain who, or what i don't really think it can distinguish that, just a shapes.
now that i think about it some more they might could if they already have a wifi signal profile of that somebody or thing.

edit on 5-7-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I read about this when it was initially reported. It's not as simple as they put it, but it could be done using phone wifi in conjunction with home wifi. Fortunately you can always turn off hardware you don't want running in your home. Well, except your phones which should probably be in a faraday box when not in use.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My router (Linksys Velop) offers this as an added service. It is called Linksys Aware
It costs $3/month

What is Linksys Aware?

Linksys Aware is a premium subscription service that provides whole-home motion detection for tri-band mesh WiFi systems. You can set a sensitivity level matching your home and lifestyle, and you can also get notifications when motion meets or exceeds that level. This requires a tri-band mesh router (parent node) with the Linksys Aware update and at least one child node that is connected to it via WiFi. You don’t need additional hardware or apps.

How does the technology work?
Mesh WiFi blankets your home with WiFi radio waves. Linksys Aware can use changes in those WiFi radio waves to determine when things are moving inside your home. Motion is defined as the intensity and overall magnitude of changes in radio waves with respect to time. This feature works best if all nodes in your WiFi are positioned around the midpoint of the vertical height of rooms in your home.
edit on 7/5/2023 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: putnam6
If TPTB really have listening and visual surveillance technology approaching these levels or beyond they certainly are significantly more in control than the masses are led to believe. So much so that they probably would cherry-pick what they want to stick their noses in. I'm sure they would love to have it but those levels would be hard to believe.

I remember about 2006 time just when the digital television was coming out in the UK a friend showed me a video of a guy looking up the pages of bumf that came with those digital boxes and at the back was a piece about how when you signed the agreement you were giving them permission to watch how you reacted to the adverts .

He videod himself going into a store and buying a box , took it home and opened it up and showed a hidden camera inside this cheap digital box , not that many years ago the chairman of Samsung television department said not to say anything sensitive near one of their televisions. .

So this news does not shock me in the slightest

A television is a transducer, just like a speaker. Many don't know you can turn a speaker into a mic, and a mic into a speaker.

I never understood those who can't see the TV as a camera also.

I can remember reading years ago that all they need to do is use 1 or 2 pixels on a screen of a lcd television to view the user who would be totally unaware , I think it was why the big push to get people to ditch the CRT tube television sets was all about .

I knew a guy 15+ years ago who worked for GCHQ who showed me all this and more at the time it went totally over my head but everything I was shown and told was/is turning out to be 100% true .

My cell/ mobile lives in the kitchen drawer on vibrate and I very rarely take my chipped cashline bank card out with me after what I have come across and seen with my own eyes , I was sitting in a very remote garden one day 2005-06 time the sky was cloudless and clear and there was nothing anywhere near to put a camera on 100% sure of that on the table in front of me was a laptop computer and a very very dodgy dude told me to wave , I thought the guy was nuts but played along for the lol ,I was waving and suddenly i could see myself from a angle high up where no camera could be I thought m.youtube.com...

I got schooled that day
big time got shown my bank account and was told by the dodgy dude that anywhere on the planet that was in daylight he could see , never did see him agqin after that and you can tell by my user name why I was there , but I must have pushed a button somewhere with what I was looking into on the computer back then , yip that was the weirdest drug deal I have ever tried to organise

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
lol. Your DEA handler was messing with you.
You have to treat a cellphone like a business collogue that you cannot trust. Never take them to work.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: staple
a reply to: stonerwilliam
lol. Your DEA handler was messing with you.
You have to treat a cellphone like a business collogue that you cannot trust. Never take them to work.

Yip 100% agree even back in the late 90s I got tracked down by the cops in a very remote area I racked my brains thinking how did they find me and it could only have been by pinging my cell/mobile phone , All the cop would say is we have our ways and that was when phones were bricks mine did not even have a screen then just lights ..

I figured out who the dodgy dude was eventually, I was getting a warning by HM .government to stop looking at what I was on the net and not rocking the boat so to speak .

Back then I just knew how to turn a computer on and surf the Web I got my door kicked I by the plod and carted of to the cells when I got home my laptop and house computer were wiped completely and a fresh OS was installed , my geek mate who I called in to figure out what was going on looked at me and said what the hell you been looking at ??? .

I eventually got the message?

Anyone that thinks big government is not watching is a fool

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I can see them putting cameras and microphones in DVRs and cable boxes for ads tailored just for you and the family. Also, for general snooping.

Cable is nothing but ads anyway. A little programming, ten or so commercials, a little more programming and 10 or more, more ads. When it gets to the end of the show there are commercials after every 5 minutes of program. Get rid if it.

If television is a necessity, get streaming equipment or free TV from an HD over the air antenna. A good one can get 20 to 30 channels or more depending on the area.
edit on 5-7-2023 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2023 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow. Glad my Wifi is in the basement, away from everyone unless they are doing laundry.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is it recognizing people from their Wi-Fi traffic? Or recognizing the person because they are “seen” by the Wi-Fi system because they are physically adjacent?

a reply to: pianopraze

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Maybe I missed it in comments, but. . .
Do y'all remember the conspiracy about cable boxes being opened up to find cameras hidden in them? People thought it was crazy to think they'd be able to spy on everyone using that method, too much data, no way to scan it all, etc. . .

I've always heard that the military tech is 20-30years ahead of public tech. The conspiracy side of me wants to connect the dots and say they already had AI at the time and we were completely oblivious to it.

I also posted a thread a week or so ago that talks about military AI currently being used to spy on citizens. Crazy stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join