It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Robinsons and Robinson Crusoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are some great inspirational videos by off-grid homesteaders on YouTube. The first two books that I ever read and loved as a child were Robinson Crusoe and The Swiss Family Robinson. Here a few of my picks of what I would describe as modern day Crusoes and Robinsons. I see that building a sustainable life off-grid as being a key to a new and novel life on Earth and a break away from dependance on a destructive control system. I say novel because although humankind has lived off-grid for thousands of years in the past it was without the benefit of power systems and and information technology.

All of these guys in the following videos have such fine attitudes and make living fun. Kris Harbour is definitely an example of the Robinson Crusoe type - with an unbelievable work ethic, manual and intellectual skills, with an easy going nature and who is no way in doubt about what needs to be done to secure one's freedom today.

The family that comprise My Little Homestead are great fun and demonstrate the key to building new human settlements. They have constructed a family settlement consisting of earth bag buildings.

The family who have named their channel "gridlessness" are also inspiring in terms of their carefree attitudes and life affirmative approaches to their homestead.

They all also have many totally inspiring vids on their channels but I think that the ones I have uploaded are a good taster. I would recommend watching the video episodes of Kris building his off-grid workshop from the beginning.

Anyone else have any off-grid homesteaders that they have found inspiring to them?

1. Kris Harbour

2. My Little Homestead

3. Gridlessness

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Living off the grid to means one is a Nomad and lives off the land and water. Has some basic survival tools also. When I did the Jungle Survival Course for the Air Force in the Philippines, we all realized one thing... you need company to maintain your sanity.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Impressive video; just imagine doing the work with out the modern on the grid conveyances this gentleman is using. Robinson Crusoe had his work cut out for him.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Kris is actually working off-grid on a 14 acre property where he has built his own wind-generator, hydro-electric system, his own solar power system and sawmill. His vehicles run off bio-diesel. He actually works harder than Defoe's Crusoe as Crusoe was trying to survive whilst Kris is aiming to thrive. He is a testament to what we can achieve as a team if he can achieve what he has done mostly by his own initiative and hard work.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Here is another fellow living off-grid who describes what freedom means to him in that context.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon
a reply to: dandandat2

Kris is actually working off-grid on a 14 acre property where he has built his own wind-generator, hydro-electric system, his own solar power system and sawmill. His vehicles run off bio-diesel. He actually works harder than Defoe's Crusoe as Crusoe was trying to survive whilst Kris is aiming to thrive. He is a testament to what we can achieve as a team if he can achieve what he has done mostly by his own initiative and hard work.

When someone lives off the grid, they are considered a nomad since they subsist only on the land and water. Comes with a few essential survival gear as well. Every single person who participated in the Jungle Survival Course that I led for the Air Force in the Philippines came to the conclusion that in order to save your sanity, you need to have companionship.

top topics

join