It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we find a sense of happiness in our life if we lost it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Respectfully, I disagree; happiness is a choice. We can face each day seeking the good that will come, or expecting the sky to fall.

Happiness can be a complex emotion, it can be a state of mind or a mood too. A babies reaction to a silly face seems to be based on who is pulling the face and not the silly expression, what appears as simple reactions can be complex. Even more so when we start bringing consciousness and states of mind into the mix.

There ais always something to be grateful about, even if it's just the fact that things weren't the worst case scenario. It's all in the perspective we choose to view the world through.

Always

Wouldn't you say that's more of a mood thing though?
I'd say consciousness is the key to not being 100% reactionary to emotions. That said happiness can be both an emotion (reactionary) and a state of mind (mood) although I try not to simplify... I could be wrong, the psychological aspects of being are rather complex right?

Idk. In the end it always works out the same anyways. Gotta "work it out" whether it's by keeping busy or working on the issues that affect the mood. Sure the choice of happiness can be had but if someone is in a "poor" state of mind that choice requires a leap of faith. The power of consciousness, it's a bit of a gift and a curse to put it shortly.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

Thanks for sharing!

I love the dark humour and I'm glad you stuck around, welcome to ATS btw

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
a reply to: musicismagic

Sure, just treat other how you want to be treated and you will find it's quite crowded on the road of life

I must be on the wrong roads then. Have always treated others great, and have not very often been treated nearly as good.

Yes, I think you can lose happiness and then find it again.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: Jubei42

Sure, just treat other how you want to be treated and you will find it's quite crowded on the road of life

I must be on the wrong roads then. Have always treated others great, and have not very often been treated nearly as good.

Yes, I think you can lose happiness and then find it again.

Thanks
In 2 days I'll be on my journey. A journey I've wanted to do for over 2 decades. The pleasant thing of having a free heart of good is no longer what I'm searching for. I will let my heart sing the foot of happiness in a state of mental freedom now.
88shikokuhenro.jp...
edit on 0600000042182023-06-26T04:18:42-05:00184206am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Safe travels mim, I'm sure the experience will be enlightening and rewarding.

It dawned on me today that one of the happiest feelings is cooperation. That feeling we get when we work in unison, things like building a deck or playing some music together. Here's hoping you find some harmony on your journey.

Share with us some photos or stories whenever you have the time
most of all enjoy yourself out there

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join