It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Chronoscope - Stories on the fringe of history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Unusual, unknown, strange, unexplained and mysterious stories from the Great Lakes Region. There is one essay, 48 short articles and the first chapter of a fictional story based on the myths, folk tales, and urban legends from the articles (mostly). Many of these stories have gone to print, most have not but the stories will be familiar to most. Soon I'll have an essay on the topic I presented here in this forum about the 400 year old ballad. It will contain the same information as the thread here but I'll be juicing up that story with some interesting details.

Michigan Chronoscope

I hope our members that give some of this a read will find it interesting. Thanks and enjoy.
edit on 19-6-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is a few samples from the articles . . .

Wright is Wrong!
Powered, heavier than air flight has been heralded as the achievement of the Wright brothers. After years of study, research, sweat and hard work, they documented their powered flight at Kitty Hawk North Carolina on December 17, 1903. "So what, everyone knows that!" is the common response to such a statement but it is just as likely that they were not the first to do so. It is documented that the first manned, powered, heavier than air flight was accomplished here in Michigan by Augustus Moore Herring more than four years before the famous Wright brothers.

Islands From Outer Space!
Unbelievable as it may be, there is a group of islands in the Great Lakes that aren't from this world. The Slate Islands near the top of Lake Superior, south of Terrace Bay Ontario, are seventeen islands that many scientists believe to be the product of an impact crater.

Mississippi Bubble, Like Deja Vous All Over Again
These days you keep hearing about economic bubbles and bailouts and how our country is hopelessly in debt. Most recently we've had the housing bubble (2007-2010) and the tech bubble (1995-2000). The economy is complicated system and hard for experts to explain to regular folks, but some basics are just common sense and considering that this happened before it should be a lesson learned. We should all have remembered our history lesson when we covered the story of John Law and the Mississippi Bubble.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I dig short-form articles like this, just the right amount of information on the topic. Cool stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My creative writing projects are copyright protected this way, so forums and social media can't claim any rights to these articles and stories. Your stories written here are under ATS copyrights, so be careful about that.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Who knew, MSB? Awesome site!

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I thought I should mention that the webpages are handwritten HTML code using W3C standards (World Wide Web Consortium) that is easy to understand and well documented with notations. I use a simple editor program to write the code.

new topics

top topics

join