It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VectorWorks, Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Good Morning.

I know some of you work in the same industry I do. On top of that, VectorWorks is used by many professions.

I have been given, by work, the full program, including Spotlight. I am currently taking the online cert course.

However, right now, school is not in session. I have 6 to 8 weeks to do maintenance, repairs, get the fall production schedule finalized, etc. I am really looking for some quick tips for getting the basics real quick. I want to include to full drawings of my theatre, lx plot, soft goods, etc for the tech specs I send to visiting crew so they don't walk in blind.

Any tips, tricks, and shortcuts would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I use Vectorworks for my gigs as well however I am still a novice myself. Its one hell of a complex piece of software. I know of you have service select, which your company may have paid for, you can get access to a ton of online seminars and webcasts on a wide variety of topics. I would have to actually be sitting in front of what you're doing to actually be much help though. Sounds like you are on the right track though. Light write is another piece of software that's might interest you as far as the paperwork and and its also pretty industry standard so most LDs you run into will probably have it as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
I do also have lightwrite. I know I can take my plot that i wrote up, and import it into vectorworks, and my ion xe. Vectorworks is truly massive.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Another handy plugin for vectorworks is autoplots. Among other things like a reworked cable tool it allows you to create truss tapes or I guess in your case line set tapes lol. Very handy if you have precise hangs and or stagehands that many not be the most competent...which happens a lot lol!

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I can give you some basics, my wife could probably talk you through 3D. My Master electrician would blow your mind both with vectorworks and the Ion.
His degree is in computers.
Feel free to DM.

new topics

top topics

join