It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Unedited Patterson Gimlin Bigfoot Film from 1967

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Still the "gold standard" of potentially real Bigfoot films.

Blows me away when I watch it...

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VeritasWarrior

Is this first time people started reporting sights of Bird for or just the first video? I'll have to look into that and sees the early reports of bigfoot sightings.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It walks just like a human. That is all I need from this old film. What is it that makes you think it is an animal of some sort? Those cowboys didn't film a monster. The guy who said he was in the suit, walks just like the subject in the film. Even if it ain't him, it's definitely a human.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: Dapaga

Let's compare!
Look at the slope on top of the head and chin, the back of the neck etc...

I'd say he's pretty good at making costumes... 100% match.

I agree, the shape is a good match. The attachment of fur to the face in the photo is unrealistic up-close, but the P-G face is so blurry that you can't tell what details are present. I could also match the shape of the head and add fur... the latex face is beyond my capabilities, but a Captain Kirk mask could serve as the base.

A similar costume really isn't that difficult to make, if you have access to sewing machines and materials. I once made a gorilla suit for a guy with a zipper at the crotch so he didn't have to remove it when he needed to relieve himself. He had a mask and wanted a costume for it. He provided a gorilla chest as my base, and I went from there.

Here is the way I see it; I was a small guy with a small shop, Morris is the millionaire owner of a costume company. I could make close to what he did.

I'd like to draw your attention to one of my earlier pics.

Look at how loose the body fabric is. Do you think you could possibly see the wearers muscle movement underneath it?

Here is a still I took from the P-G film.

Notice the arm and shoulder muscles, and imagine how tightly the suit would have to fit make that visible. The raised "hackles" are a nice touch, as well. Quite a work of art, I must say, but nothing like the costume that circus barker, Morris, is pushing.

For anyone interested; here is the original unedited Patterson-Gimlin film. Complete with the shakes. He runs the camera until the film runs out.

I'd like you to also notice the terrain. If you wonder why he didn't give chase with the camera, just look in front of him. Now, notice how easily and how fast, without a stumble or a misstep, Patty walks steadily into the woods. Try that in a full gorilla suit, with limited vision and mobility, all the while trying to walk as closely to how you imagine an ape-man walks.

I personally don't see how it could be a monkey suit.

edit on 22-6-2023 by Dapaga because: took out an extra difficult, and moved the video down

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to: esteay812

Disappointed, clickbait all the way around...!

That being said, I was hopeful to watch the real deal, the one stashed in a California bank safety deposit box..! The one alleging a massacre..!

Provided it's true, I doubt that one will ever see the light of day during my lifetime..!

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vanux

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

Can't see any real sign of musculature in the still you show. Too blurry.

As for its mobility, it looks like the area traversed by the "entity" is fairly clear, and it is not moving that fast. If the mask is up against the face of the person, the eye holes ought to be big enough to see well enough -- not that one can even really see the eyes.

Also, the way the filming is so shaky in the beginning, like the camera man didn't want you to see the initial walking out of the woods, and the fact that the earlier filming, before the critter comes along, is so much smoother makes me very, very, very suspicious.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Well, at least your inquisitive about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

I'm surprised you don't see anything. I see a shoulder blade, deltoid, and triceps. Regardless, seeing just the shoulder blade means that the suit would need to be skin-tight. I think the upper half looks like shirtless body-builder.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on Thu Jun 29 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Two questions:

1. Why was the person filming in the first place? I mean, filming a forest and a guy on a horse makes no sense.

2. Why was the camera so steady for the first couple minutes of filming, then gets super shaky when Bigfoot shows up?

Thanks for posting. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen the original before.

He had the camera (rented, that he refused to pay for) because he was making a movie about bigfoot afaik. Then whadayaknow, a real bigfoot shows up. Quite fortunate that.

Again only from memory, he fell off his horse in the commotion and then got up and ran closer to the claimed bigfoot while filming.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

bob heironimus has passed two polygraphs years apart saying he wore the suit in the film.

Not saying bigfoot doesn't or can't exist. Who knows?

But that walk... lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Honestly.... i dont get why people are so obsessed with this bigfoot tape ,or with the concept of a bigfoot at all for that matter! never have!

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Honestly.... i dont get why people are so obsessed with this bigfoot tape ,or with the concept of a bigfoot at all for that matter! never have!

I love the idea of bigfoot, the idea that the natural world still contains mystery. I think this film adds to the mystique. In a scientific sense, I see no reason why another ape/human species couldn't have survived to modern times. If you look at the history of such species it is surprising that one didn't. The last 30-50 thousand years is unusual in that there is only one extant hominin/human species. No reason there couldn't be another hominid/ape species either (assuming that this is what bigfoot is ie. an ape/human species).

When otherwise rational and reasonable people say they have seen bigfoot, I have the feeling they are generally being honest (with some exceptions of course). I'm not cynical enough as yet to think they are all making it up. At the same time, so many sightings without definitive evidence seems unlikely. So I find it unlikely that such a species could survive without genuine scientific discovery. Something is going on though, something quite fascinating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join