It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can America have a fair election in the future for the good of the American People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

There is no excuse there, ask many others and you will find that this is a common belief. Or am I not aloud to have my beliefs? Do I need to clear them with you before I have them? They are people like you who did not want someone who spoke their mind and couldn't be controlled by the powers to be.

People like me want people to realize the reality of the political divide and how you are all being programmed.

Where do you think that programming is coming from?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

There is no excuse there, ask many others and you will find that this is a common belief. Or am I not aloud to have my beliefs? Do I need to clear them with you before I have them? They are people like you who did not want someone who spoke their mind and couldn't be controlled by the powers to be.

People like me want people to realize the reality of the political divide and how you are all being programmed.

Where do you think that programming is coming from?

From political parties, both extreme sides, playing on everyone's animus and beliefs. It can't be anyone's interest in the real philosophy of politics and what may really work for "ALL" the people.

The polarization has moved over into the Republican Party where I see far right-wingers and conservatives butting heads.

You hear people saying we are all sheeple being led by the noses, it now looks like some of us are sheeple with blinders on happily being led down the path to the slaughterhouse.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The misanthrophic/anti-social/sociopathic side of me wants to proclaim that this country is doomed and deserves what's coming to it, but I've had the misfortune of coming into contact with genuine American inventors/pioneers who have continually proved me wrong about this country.

old.reddit.com... Some interesting views from such an inventor, but that wasn't what convinced me of his genius.

Three other classes to factor in: There are many American soldiers/veterans out there who feel betrayed and discarded, who've become disillusioned with the country's government and its wars and openly speak out against its crimes. There are also American hikers/survivalists of sound mind (not preppers), who usually become the biggest contributors to revolution. They often find in nature an escape from society, but ended up returning to contribute at the last minute. Plenty of artistic persons too, who often associate with bad company. Their creative output was in fact stimulated by the wars and revolutions, though they just as much fell victim to these calamities.

As for 2024 elections, despite everything, there have been a few predictions of Trump winning the elections, but I don't care enough about US elections to keep track of them. It remains a possibility, although a very slim one. If my ATS associate is trustworthy, America may experience its very first *proper* historical revolution by November 2024.

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
How do we effect real change, with the corruption so deeply entrenched though?
When most of the press is shackled to party interests, the first essential thing is to not heed gossip, not let moralistic/judgmental people have their way anymore. The press will use every known accusation (i.e. anti-semitism, communist) in the book, it's advisable not to waste time/energy defending oneself or others against their attacks, but to seize the momentum and question their judgment.

We need someone who will not mince words, speak frankly and in harsh terms, in order to cut through the din and noise of aggressors. He doesn't have to be a man of action/orator like Churchill. Even someone on a mystic level (i.e. Dag Hammarskjold, Martin Buber) would suffice.
edit on 16-6-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In today's America, if you lose, you blame others. Even if you really lost. So the answer is "No," because losers don't take responsibility for their own losses.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
In today's America, if you lose, you blame others. Even if you really lost. So the answer is "No," because losers don't take responsibility for their own losses.

This is the type of post I speak of.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I want to award Quintessentone the award for Thread-Derailment-Troll of the Night. Really an outstanding performance. (thunderous applause)

Take note, aspiring trolls:
- start with a post citing received wisdom from learned boffins. Note how the relevence of the citation is not included. "By citing people smarter than you idiots, in an article about Mastodon halitosis, I have clearly established that that only my viewpoint matters" without even answering the original question.
- unfortunately, someone will always feed the troll. Quintessentone rallied deep reserves of derailment powers to answer every counter with another post, to fill this thread with pointless off-topic BS, and magically never answered the question!
- citing an NPR article was priceless! NPR demonstrated their fealty to "The Narrative™" unrelentingly since COVID. They are officially part of the mighty Wurlitzer at this point, and not worthy of serious consideration.

-----------------------------------------------

The OP question might be simplified/changed to the following:
Do you believe the 2024 election will be fair? (answer Yes or No).

Don't support your answer with WHY you believe so.
Don't cite your interpretation of past events.
Don't include any references to [ republicans | democrats | uniparty ] in your one-word reply ("yes" or "no").
Just like a hypothetical free and fair election, you don't have to support why you voted for a given candidate, you just vote.

i'll start the ball rolling:

Do you believe the 2024 election will be fair? (answer Yes or No).

No.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tnxoxodka

No

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join