It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major West Coast City Bans Urban Camping ( With Caveats)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OdinsPath
a reply to: Degradation33
I remember fondly a time when San Diego was a hard core conservative County. I can't believe it's 100% run by scum bag democrats now

Since Trump, yes.

It was still Red when I arrived 15 years ago.

North County and East County still are.

The board of supervisors used to be 5-0 Rebulican. Until 2020 it was 4-1, then in that 2020 election it flipped two seats to the democrats and is now 3-2 Democrat. (First time in decades) But that may only last until 2024, because all county cities have homeless problems, and the 3 years of a Democrat majority has gone so well...

It has historically been a red run county at the county government level and will likely go back.

The city itself isn't the Fast Times At Clairemont High (actual school name) version anymore. The San Diego of the Pacific Southwest Airlines era crashed into North Park and is commemorated by rainbow flags now.

The city, since it's classic days of the 70's and 80's, had an influx of democrat transplants moving here for their safe space... Former family neighborhoods are now largely young democrat renters with dogs instead of kids. There are now 12 neighborhoods that are "LGBT" friendly. Conversely, several of the typical San Diego republican kids that grew up here are "escaping" to Washington, Texas, Arizona, and Colorado. The city's political balance has been losing more Republicans than it can gain back. Even being here a mere 15 years is still longer than a large portion of the population.
edit on 15-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join