It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheiky Baby Is Dead- Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri aka the Iron Sheik dead at 81

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has passed away at the age of 81.

In a statement posted to The Iron Sheik's official Twitter account on June 7, it was announced that Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri, better known to the world as The Iron Sheik, passed away peacefully.

The statement read, "Today, we gather with heavy hearts to bid farewell to a true legend, a force of nature, and an iconic figure who left an incredible mark on the world of professional wrestling. It is with great sadness that we share the news of the passing of The Iron Sheik, but we also take solace in knowing that he departed this world peacefully, leaving behind a legacy that will endure for generations to come."

Vaziri leaves behind his wife Caryl of 47 years, his children Tanya, Nikki, and son-in-law Eddie, as well as five grandchildren and two nephews. He was predeceased by his daughter, Marissa.

Iron Sheik dead at 81

Arguably one of the best heels of the 80's. I loved him even though he was a little before my time, but still one of my favorites next to Randy Savage, New Jack and Bret Hart.

Inshallah, he goes straight to God and puts him in the camel clutch to break his back and make him humble.

edit on 10-6-2023 by TheToastmanCometh because: more sheiky goodness

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

81? That's a fine old age to get to for a guy who spent so many hears getting the crap beat out of and into his body. Bye Sheik

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
kazinski too,. unabomber. second

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Man, I hate to hear that he was a character for sure. RIP

It was so funny a few years ago when. I had bulked up I got on the loading dock elevator late one evening I was wearing a black suit and shirt rocking my bald head mustache and beard LOL When it opened up the guy on the elevator looked startled after few seconds he said "damn man you look just like the Iron Shiek" I cracked up and we talked about the Wrestling old days it was hilarious

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   
good story. funtimes a reply to: putnam6

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Some of my oldest friends were huge wresting fans.

I never got it, it always seemed to me, and still does, to be the dumbest of the dumbest 'sports' ever invented.

That said, RIP, to the oldster...

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Some of my oldest friends were huge wresting fans.

I never got it, it always seemed to me, and still does, to be the dumbest of the dumbest 'sports' ever invented.

That said, RIP, to the oldster...

It's weird a lot of friends were into more than I was too in the 70s. Channel 17 and wrestling seemed to always be on TV and it was on right when we had to come inside but was too early for the parents to be watching what they wanted.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Him dropping his title to Hogan arguably made wrestling and hulkamania mainstream.

Rip Sheik

top topics

join