It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Events that Will Soon Come to Pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers. May the abiding peace of God be with you. I doubt many know of me or read my threads, but know that some do. I can't believe that I've authored over 40 threads already over the past year and a few months. A number of them have to do with peace:

The Prince of Peace
Finding Peace
Peace at Last!
They Will Learn War No More

Many of them have to do with God's kingdom. And still a number of them have to do with the deep and profound prophecies found in the books of Daniel and Revelation.

When Jesus was on earth he told us to pray this way:

"You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth. "-Matthew 6:9.

Notice that the two most important things as they were the first mentioned were the sanctification of God's name, and God's kingdom to come. Over the years I have grown in my appreciation of the God of truth and his words of truth found in the Bible, Jehovah. And the more I see God operating personally in my life, and in others, and study his word, the more I appreciate that all of it revolves around His everlasting love for humankind, and for us individually as people. That is why I authored the thread The Everlasting Love of God.

I actually sent that to one of my older brothers, and he told me that it helped break some very powerful prejudices and hurt he had been carrying for many years. In that thread I wrote: "The entire theme of the Bible, God's word for us, is God's enduring love. Everything in it returns to God's love...[God's name] needs to be sanctified because God's love was lied about by Satan."

In the Bible there are only three occasions recorded where Jehovah God himself talked directly from heaven. These were all directly to Jesus Christ, and those around him, to give testimony that he was the son of God, and to tell those around him to listen to him, and to affirm God's love and approval of his son, once at his baptism, and two more times during his 3 1/2 year ministry. One was near the end of his life on earth. There while Jesus was talking to his apostles about his imminent death he said: "Now I am troubled, and what should I say? Father, save me out of this hour. Nevertheless, this is why I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” And Jehovah replied: "Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have glorified it and will glorify it again.”-John 12:28.

The sanctification and the glorification of Jehovah's name are enveloped in clearing it of all reproach, and has at its root the enduring love of God.

When Jehovah's servants speak of prophecies concerning the near future and events that will soon unfold on the world scene that will be quite fearful, it is not because they desire to see anyone die or be terrified. Quite the contrary. It is because they have God's love. On a recent thread I saw an ATSer post that you should not trust any politician because none of them care for you.

How different God is. He not only knows who you are but he cares deeply for you. And he sends his servants personally to you to give you knowledge of the truth that leads to everlasting life. Think of this: God's word tells us that the entire world is lying in the power of the wicked one, that the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so that the glorious good news about the Christ may not shine through, and that Satan the Devil, the god of the world, has been cast out of heaven and is misleading the entire inhabited earth.

No where do human-made religions from the past or present teach that Satan the Devil is the ruler of the world. That he is a real person and that he is misleading everyone. But the Bible does. And Jehovah has commissioned his witnesses to share this truth with people on an individual basis, in all the nations, in every language to all the people everywhere. But not just expose that Satan is the ruler, but that Jehovah is ruler in heaven, and his son Jesus Christ rules as king and will soon bring the kingdom government from heaven to earth to establish a righteous government of peace over all humankind.

Jehovah is a God of love and mercy. It is only by means of his good grace that the light of truth shines in this dark world. And it will never be extinguished. He is calling to everyone everywhere to repent to turn around and get your sins blotted out so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah.

Events will soon unfold that will upturn human society. A great tribulation that Jesus foretold. When that day arrives then will be fulfilled the prophecy that says:

"Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness."-Revelation 22:11.

At that point no one will be given the opportunity to change. The unrighteous will be judged as they are. And the righteous will be judged as they are. At this point we still have time now Jehovah is telling the wicked to forsake their evil way and turn to Jehovah.

What are these events that will soon transpire? Another thread would be required to go into depth. But briefly, there will be a worldwide cry of peace and security. What that entails is not told us. When the event happens no doubt God's holy spirit will move his servants to discern what is taking place. It may be a single event, or a series of events where the world's rulers will come together and claim to have solved many of humanity's pressing problems, and it also may entail the world's religious leaders being involved as well. But instead of a false "peace" it will herald their own destruction. For God will put it into the hearts of the world's rulers to turn upon and destroy the religions of the world, a just punishment for her wickedness.

All religious institutes will be torn down and destroyed. The Vatican will cease to exist. The Pope will probably be executed along with the bishops and the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. The Protestant religions will be ripped to shreds, the religion of Islam will be burned to the ground. All religions in a terrifying display of the world's rulers great rage against her will be completely annihilated. Everyone in religion who wishes to survive will have to flee from her and receive the mark of the beast, and bow down to the State. There will be no more celebrating Christmas, or Easter, of Halloween, or any other religious holiday.

That this event is supernatural in nature the world's rulers will have to recognize. They will have to perceive they are doing God's bidding when they tear religion to shreds and burn her with fire. And then the sign of the son of man will appear in heaven, and supernatural signs and portents will appear in heaven and all the people of the earth will become faint out of fear because of the roaring of the sea, and they will see they have no way out.

edit on 7-6-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
At the end, those who witness for Jehovah's name to the nations will change their peaceful message of love and hope to one of the burning anger of Jehovah's wrath. A unique worldwide message will be proclaimed at that time. At a time when no religion any longer exists, and atheism is the State religion worldwide, Jehovah's witnesses will stand in union and spread a worldwide proclamation to all the inhabitants of the earth, a message of God's retribution and wrath and their imminent destruction.

Three unclean inspired expressions of demons will gather the nations at that time together to war against Jehovah at Armageddon. Satan the Devil himself will be spreading demonic propaganda. The false prophet, the Anglo-American world power, at that time in full control by demonic entities will gather humanity together, and the wild beast, that is the United Nations organization and all its member nations will all be spreading demonic vitriolic against Jehovah's servants and they will gather the entire surface of the earth to wage war with and eradicate the only left standing religion on earth. Jehovah's named people. And he, in a defensive maneuver will step in by sending his son Jesus Christ with his holy angels, and they will annihilate everyone following the wild beast and its image. The entire inhabited earth. All wicked humanity. But those who were righteous and true, and trusted in Jehovah and his name will be protected on that day they will get away safe and will come out into a cleansed new world of peace and will begin the transformation of earth into a paradise where at that time untold billions of people will be resurrected back to life and taught the truth about Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ. And Jehovah will magnify and glorify and sanctify his name in righteousness and love.

"This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you."

"Eʹnoch, also prophesied about them when he said: “Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.”- Judges 1:14-15.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Be careful of those predictions, JW doesn’t have a great track record with them. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   
God only spoke three times to Jesus....

Who told Noah to build the ark?

Who reasoned with Job?

Who spoke to Moses at Mt Sinai?

Who spoke to Ezekiel?

I find it very strange that you'd say that. Knowing it to be untrue....

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

To a lot of people before Genesis fifth day was done, for starters. Then Adam, and every prophet and cleric and warrior and laymen and their families and converts and critters. There was that time God wrote on a wall in the middle of a party. John the Baptist and many clergymen and women.

Lord have mercy.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
God only spoke three times to Jesus....

That is not what the OP said at all. Here is the quote actually:

In the Bible there are only three occasions recorded where Jehovah God himself talked directly from heaven.

When Jehovah spoke directly it was as if thunder from heaven. In fact in the next verse in the passage quoted above the people standing there said that it was thunder!

"Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have glorified it and will glorify it again.” The crowd that was standing there heard it and began to say that it had thundered. Others said: “An angel has spoken to him.”-John 12:28-29.

In Revelation when Jehovah speaks it is as the sound of seven thunders!

"Now when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write, but I heard a voice out of heaven say: “Seal up the things the seven thunders spoke, and do not write them down.” -Revelation 10:4.

In Holy Scripture it is only recorded that Jehovah spoke directly from heaven 3 times.

Jehovah usually uses an intermediary to speak. In fact one of the other names of Jesus Christ is "the Word" or Logos as Jesus is the chief spokesperson for God:

"I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, and he is clothed with an outer garment stained with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God."-Revelation 19:11-13.

It is a kindness that God uses an intermediary when communicating with humankind. Imagine if he spoke directly to them as he did on those three occasions recorded in the gospel. Have you ever been jolted because of a huge thunderclap after the strike of a lightning bolt?

edit on 8-6-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
kindly tell more about all religions being shut up but ideologies like Buddhism & Sufi left alone

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
kindly tell more about all religions being shut up but ideologies like Buddhism & Sufi left alone

Greetings St Udio. May you have peace.

Revelation chapter 17 and 18 refer to a mystery and she is called: "Babylon the Great," and a prostitute that sits on the wild beast, or the kings of the earth.

Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality, and earth’s inhabitants were made drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality.”-Revelation 17:1-2.

"On her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.”-Revelation 17:5.

I realize that many teach that Babylon the Great is the Catholic Church, and still others teach that she is the United States.

But to grasp that she is in fact all of false religion we need to just look at the context in the prophecy itself.

For example it says that the kings of the earth commit sexual immorality with her. She is not a political entity. The wild beast which she rides represents the political powers of the earth. And when she is destroyed the kings of the earth stand at a distance looking in awe:

"And the kings of the earth who committed sexual immorality with her and lived with her in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her when they see the smoke from her burning. They will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say: ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’"-Revelation 18:9-10.

Now right after that passage we are told that the merchants, or commercial system of things who got rich off her mourn because of her passing as well:

“The merchants who sold these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and will weep and mourn, saying: ‘Too bad, too bad, the great city, clothed with fine linen, purple, and scarlet and richly adorned with gold ornaments, precious stones, and pearls, because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’"-Revelation 18:15-17.

What is big business? Yes indeed, the holiday season! Most of many businesses earnings are made during the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That is why the Friday after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday." It's when many business ledgers for the year go into the black, that is start making a profit. When false religion is no longer around with her pagan holidays to be celebrated and exploited to make big profits the "traveling merchants" and "ship captains" (verse 17) will mourn her loss.

The religious right in the United States has already shown the effect their boycotting big business can have with Bud Light and Target just recently. Imagine when there are no more religious celebrations to make money off of! It will be an enormous, incredible blow to the commercial industry, one they will never recover from.

Notice also that the prostitute sits on "many waters" (first verse quoted above). We are told these waters are symbolic of "peoples and crowds and nations and tongues." (Revelation 17:15).

"He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues."-Revelation 17:15.

And also we are told that the prostitute misleads everyone on earth by means of her spirtistic practices:

"No light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; for your merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, and by your spiritistic practices all the nations were misled."-Revelation 18:23.

Babylon of old was the seat of all false religion. It was at the tower of Babel that God confused the languages of man and sent them their separate ways. All the religions of the earth can trace their roots back to Babylon. Time, distance, and culture may have changed certain aspects of their false worship, but they all adhere to certain key core false religious teachings, such as an an inherent Immortal soul, the varying trinities in the false religions of the world (including Buddhism), and etc.

Babylon the Great is not a political power. This is obvious because she commits sexual immorality with the kings of the earth and they are still in existence when they themselves destroy her. She is not the commercial element of Satan's world who gets rich off of her, because they sit at a distance in fear mourning her passing.

She sits on the many waters, or peoples of the earth. She misleads everyone because of her spirtistic practices. She is all false religion, not just the Catholic Church, or the false "Christian" religions of Protestantism. And she would include the religions you mentioned. They should not think they will escape Jehovah's judgement. It is God doing the judging when he himself puts it in the hearts of the rulers of the earth to turn upon her and devastate her and destroy her. She may say she sits a queen on top of the kings of the earth and will never see mourning, but Jehovah who judged her is strong and is able to make his judgement against her stand:

" Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong."-Revelation 18:6-8.

edit on 8-6-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

think he meant only three times to Jesus....
cannot remember which angels did what anymore

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

babylon the great....... GREAT BRITAIN?
now that everyone must bow down and pledge allegience
to prince chah'els...
ben wallace make a good beast too

whore of babylon (if babylon is new york),.... HILLARY CLINTON
fits nice

i dont know enough geography to tell which one sits
on many waters,... unless many waters means united nations

but sailers weeeping far off because no one buys her gold or pearls....
NEW YORK..

a haunt of every evil? democrat run NEW YORK

and theres awlways possibillity that since usa kicked from iraq, that
babylon gets rebuilt now that iran and saudis and china are buddies
a great new city,... like doha in qatar
edit on 8-6-2023 by sarcasticcritic because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2023 by sarcasticcritic because: added 2 lines...... twice

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

"In Revelation when Jehovah speaks it is as the sound of seven thunders!"

SEVEN eh!. In trying to understand revelation. People relate its message to a known playing field, that be our material world. Thus they smother scripture under their single plane of their existence. Which results in absolute nonsense talk. Saying God is love in one breath. And in the next, that God of Love will burn you forever and a day for rejecting Jesus. Its no wonder children have nightmares.

Mary Magdalene was cured of the SEVEN demons. Those SEVEN demons thus turn into the SEVEN lampshades ... aka Enlightenment. In the process of achieving enlightenment the SEVEN seals reveal the greater name of God. Thereby allowing the witnessing of God ruling the earth. Not past nor future but in the present. We cannot witness God ruling the earth because we have not walked the talk.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"In Revelation when Jehovah speaks it is as the sound of seven thunders!"

SEVEN eh!. In trying to understand revelation. People relate its message to a known playing field, that be our material world. Thus they smother scripture under their single plane of their existence. Which results in absolute nonsense talk. Saying God is love in one breath. And in the next, that God of Love will burn you forever and a day for rejecting Jesus. Its no wonder children have nightmares.

Without a doubt. One of the most disgusting lies ever told about Jehovah is that he burns people in a Hellfire. That was borrowed from pagan mythology. And even the pagans weren't as cruel in their depiction of it. The apostate Church borrowed it and turned God into a far more evil and cruel God with the Hellfire they invented far worse than any pagan Hellfire. No doubt it has left scars on many helpless victims of that disgusting false teaching that Satan spews.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

thank you randomuser.

top topics

join