It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gee, that didn't age well.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The leftists often get it wrong. Horribly wrong. They rarely, if ever, admit their mistakes. They're much too smug and arrogant. They usually just double-down.

Here are a few classic examples:

People say that celebrities should just make their stupid movies or music and keep their political views to themselves. While I agree somewhat, I also get a kick out of seeing these morons make fools of themselves. In the spring of 2020, actor Brad Pitt portrayed Anthony Fauci on Saturday Night Live. Pitt jumped at this chance to look cool. To show off how well-informed he is. To show he 'follows the science". Pitt was nominated for an Emmy award. Twitter exploded, and an endless stream of these articles appeared. Pitt got to show off how cool he is, and he made Fauci look like a god. As a bonus, he got to ridicule Trump.

Here's the funny part: Before the SNL piece was even put together, Fauci was engaging in his coverups. Emails obtained by FOIA requests showed Fauci was being deceptive about the lab leak possibility, the gain of function research and the lab's funding. Many people agree with New York congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis that Dr. Fauci could be at center of one of the biggest cover-ups in American history.

Speaking of not aging well...
In the fall of 2018, lawyer Michael Avenatti began appearing on lefty talk shows and cable news shows. Because he hated Trump and said he will "bring him down", Avenatti became a lefty hero. They said he was like The Holy Spirit.
Then we saw Avenatti for president! Then he got sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.

Then there's Andrew Cuomo, the narcissist psychopath whom Biden referred to as the Gold Standard governor. The left adored him. They plugged his leadership books. They literally worshipped him. His Covid nursing home scandal didn't bother them, but when they found out he groped a few women, the lefties gave him the old heave-ho.

How about this? This really didn't age well.
During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,"

Biden has had four vaccine doses and still tested positive for COVID.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Really cherry picking for your own confirmation bias.
I could easily point out the same exact things said by and about people that I am sure you adore.
Two sides of the same coin bud. Better to learn this now then to allow them to win by division.
Just saying

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You're using your platitudes incorrectly.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Did the things he mention not happen?

Is there footage? Which people does the OP adore?

And if you can retort why make threats about doing so? Don’t you think we deserve to know?

a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: ColeYounger

Really cherry picking for your own confirmation bias.
I could easily point out the same exact things said by and about people that I am sure you adore.
Two sides of the same coin bud. Better to learn this now then to allow them to win by division.
Just saying

Seriously? A whole long list of atrocities to choose from and it's "cherry picking"? That attitude is exactly the same as what is seen coming from all of these people described here. Fauci denies everything , and absolutely will not take responsibility.

Same with Andrew Cuomo. Denies everything and fights like mad to convince everyone "he barely even touched her".

Same with Avenatti. Condemns others especially Trump with a vengeance and denies any wrongdoing himself and then gets busted and in a bad way of total humiliation and disgrace, but still not admitting anything or taking an ounce of responsibility.

These people described come from a long list of charlatans and scoundrels who spend their entire lives defaming others for what they are actually doing.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
how about 'Sanctuary Cities'

once they started getting illegal aliens themselves they didn't think it was such a great idea

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Those damn dirty Democrats done did the evil!

This world would be perfect if it weren't for all the libtards that think differently than me. I call TDS!

Go GOP! God bless our perfect and incorruptible Republican leaders and lawmakers. Our side is better and stronger and always tells the truth and our farts smell like lilac. No bad ideas here, zero.

/s

I see a post like this multiple times a week on ATS.
The Democrats did this and the liberals did that. How evil and how dumb of them.

For a conspiracy theory site, people sure do love to play into the elites machivallian game of division. If I were counterintelligence, these posts would be my bread and butter. Just saying.

When you go full reactionary mode against any party, ideas stop. It becomes a game of polarizing extremes, just so you can differentiate yourself from your enemy and confirm your own beliefs, rather than thinking up solutions.

Growing a strong and healthy nation requires unity.

Imagine how different the conversations would be on this site between these 2 posts.

A) The lefts immigration policies are a joke.

B) My ideas to fix immigration.

Most of post A would just be users s#!++ing on Democrats.

While post B, allows for more individualism in the form of personal input and ideas.

Sure you can have the disenfranchised say, "vote the Dems out" in post B but another user may suggest immigrants be required to serve in the national guard.

One environment allows for more ideas to thrive, which may result in actual solutions.

What's funny to me is people would rather put their time into researching every infraction of a party or side, rather than putting that effort into researching the issues and imagining ideas for solutions.

Which you have a right to and I'll defend your right to do it.

But we kinda deserve the political landscape we are currently in, when it's all about "Look what they did!" instead of "How can we do this?".

In any case, good post OP.
It really got me thinking.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

For a conspiracy theory site, people sure do love to play into the elites machivallian game of division. I

ATS has been going strong with the "republicans great, democrats bad" posts since Trump was elected. If it wasn't for the alien and random posts, you'd think you were on a right-wing pro-Trump forum sometimes.

I think its about the time Republicans and Trump grabbed hold of conspiracy theorists by pretending they were "clearing the swamp" and going after the "deep states", and "elites".

It's so blatently obvious. Right wingers, especially Trump, saw the growing conspiracy community and decided to hijack it. They still haven't done squat to clear the swamp, yet people still see them as the saviors against the elite.

How easily many conspiracy theorists were fooled.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I love how you get an example of really bad stuff done by our government, and you boil it down to, what a horrible example of democrat v. republican.

Pay no attention to the very real authoritarianism and suspension of rights in favor of boiling any and all complaints about it down to just partisanship.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
How about "Joe Biden is doing more than Trump ever did to get a wall built on the southern border"

Or maybe "Joe Biden is doing more to drain the swamp than Trump ever did"

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was my point though. While there are many legitimate concerns on both sides. We end up boiling things down to "its all democrat or all republicans fault" which i see commonly from both republicans and democrats.

No doubt there are many valid concerns. I just wish people avoided the fallacy of holding either democrats or republicans on a pedestal and blaming everything to one side.

new topics

top topics

join