It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some help please basics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I need to put together a rather big list of inventory and what not for work.

What I would like to do, is have a folder open up with the inventory list. When you click on the item, it brings you to the tech sheets/manual.

For example:

SM-91A Kick Drum Mic

when I click on that, it will bring up the tech sheet and manual.

I am running Windows 10, Not on Columbia Records favorite computer, Adele, but HP. how do I do this?

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I need to put together a rather big list of inventory and what not for work.

What I would like to do, is have a folder open up with the inventory list. When you click on the item, it brings you to the tech sheets/manual.

For example:

SM-91A Kick Drum Mic

when I click on that, it will bring up the tech sheet and manual.

I am running Windows 10, Not on Columbia Records favorite computer, Adele, but HP. how do I do this?

How large of an inventory? I've done over 7000 items product number size color cost and price

LOL, I know it might sound like a daunting task. If you need an inventory tied to an invoicing program and customer database Quick Books is fairly simple

if you need to do just a basic inventory from scratch.... this might work

www.wikihow.com...

or this

www.smartsheet.com...

regardless, plenty of free and trial scalable programs are available, just need more info to find what would work for you best.

Most likely a basic excel spreadsheet set up would work fine

Look for free inventory templates and see what works for your items the best, and get ready to input it all.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I do it all the time. Just assign manual as the 1st opening link...for u apparently...1st pg will be manuals to each. Easy. Good luck!

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: putnam6

I do it all the time. Just assign manual as the 1st opening link...for u apparently...1st pg will be manuals to each. Easy. Good luck!

Yea, I couldn't tell if they already had it set up or if that was what they wanted set up.

Been a while since I stuck my head into an Excel Inventory, probably 8-9 years or more.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Creating an inventory list in Excel that links to tech sheets/manuals can be done using hyperlinks. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this:

Create Your Inventory List: Start by creating your inventory list in Excel. You might have one column for the item name, another for the item number, and so on.

Store Your Tech Sheets/Manuals in a Folder: Make sure all your tech sheets and manuals are stored in a folder on your computer. It's best if this folder is in a location that won't change, as moving it later will break the links you create in Excel.

Insert Hyperlinks: Once your inventory list is ready, you can start adding hyperlinks to your tech sheets/manuals. Here's how:

a. Right-click on the cell containing the item you want to link to a tech sheet/manual.

b. In the context menu that appears, click on "Hyperlink".

c. In the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box, click on "Existing File or Web Page".

d. Navigate to the folder containing your tech sheets/manuals, select the appropriate file, and click "OK".

Now, whenever you click on an item in your inventory list, it will open the corresponding tech sheet/manual.

Please note that the person using the Excel file must have access to the location where the tech sheets/manuals are stored. If the files are moved or the Excel file is used on a different computer that doesn't have access to the file location, the links will not work.

new topics

top topics

join