It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian bomber shot down by Patriot system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Aleppo would like to have a word with you.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: trombleforth

Yeah, no. The Patriot system was barely damaged and never lost operational capability.

When DU weapons are damaged they don’t release a radioactive cloud. Even if they did, the winds are blowing the wrong way for it to go to Poland, or to the northwest. It would be heading east.

For what it's worth, I read this about airborne particulate Depleted Uranium.
"DU is radioactive...DU is ingested or inhaled, it is a serious health hazard. Alpha particles directly affect living cells and can cause kidney damage."
www.epa.gov...

www.newsweek.com...

As far as the direction of wind around Khmelnytskyi in Western Ukraine, on the night of May 13, 2023, per Zoom Earth,
winds are coming from the East and blowing Northwest into Poland.

zoom.earth...=52.06,27.009,7z/date=2023-05-13,23:50,-6/model=icon
This was the model for most of the that day, and several days later.

May I ask where you obtained your information Zap?

edit on v202023Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 20 May 2023 10:20:06 -05001 by Violater1 because: free speech

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

DU isn’t going to leave a cloud of radiation though. It’s in very small amounts when used in weapons, and would barely be detectable above background, if it was at all. And Alpha particles don’t travel very far. So even if they did blow up a massive stockpile of DU, and it did leave a cloud of radiation, it would stay in the local area.

As for the winds, there were multiple sources showing the winds blowing the wrong way. Since I still don’t take this story seriously, I didn’t check particularly hard into it.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

If it wasn't Russia's intervention in Syria, Syria would have being another failed state as Libya.

syria is a failed state, has been a failed state most of it's entire existence, it really went to sh@@ when daddy al a@@ ad staged a coup and became a dick tator, followed by bady al a@@ ad.

nothing you can say or imply will ever change that. you talk about freedom but are constantly claiming things about ruthless dick tators / totalitarian governments makes one wonder if you even really know the meaning of freedom.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

DU isn’t going to leave a cloud of radiation though. It’s in very small amounts when used in weapons, and would barely be detectable above background, if it was at all. And Alpha particles don’t travel very far. So even if they did blow up a massive stockpile of DU, and it did leave a cloud of radiation, it would stay in the local area.

As for the winds, there were multiple sources showing the winds blowing the wrong way. Since I still don’t take this story seriously, I didn’t check particularly hard into it.

I don't know. If there is DU in that massive cloud from the Depo, do you think that it's possible that the DU will now exhibit an exposure problem?

www.newsweek.com...
Reminds me of the mushroom cloud from the railroad derailment in East Palestine, Ohio.

knowyourmeme.com...

You know how much I appreciate providing links in my posts or comments. When you have time, would you mind sharing us where you obtained your multiple sources for wind direction links. Thank you.

edit on v192023Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 20 May 2023 13:19:53 -05001 by Violater1 because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

The Israelis have employed the F-16 in high threat environments and it's done OK. I'm with Zap on the learning curve for the Ukrainian pilots.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Biggest danger from DU is heavy metal poisoning. You can get heavy metal poisoning from DU, Cadmium, Lead, Tungsten and others. The only reason you hear about DU is that there are those who want to cause "radioactive panic" to further their agenda. In Desert Storm, the main concern was that there would be fine particles of DU created from armor penetrators and that could endanger people. They did find the particles, but, due to their weight they didn't travel very far in the air.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Most were from Twitter conversations about this very topic. If I’m not worn out after work I’ll try to find them.

DU is a hot topic because it includes the word “uranium” and everyone knows that uranium is Bad and Dangerous, and will kill you. But it’s really only the dust and small debris left by the penetrator that’s any kind of problem. And that’s not going to go very far. Even if it did, the soil in your garden has more uranium in it than any dust cloud would, even if the ammo dump was nothing but DU ammunition.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join