It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more anonymous travel in Victoria straya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Victoria has now become the tracking state.

Myki the ticketing system is to be scrapped. Myki offered one benefit to buy an unregistered card you can top up with cash to use public transport.

Along with digital licenses coming in, where you need your phone to access services to drive.

No it appears as though yo can no longer have an anonymous travel card.

Options are phone, credit or debit card or smart device.

So now they will know when and where you are in Victoria.

Now they are going to disadvantage people who don’t have a device, and can’t theres no option, especially if you have no smart s devices and can’t get a credit card, you’ll probably get a $250 dollar fine for notbosying.

Big brother is here.

www.theage.com.au...

ed it on 15-5-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I so long for simpler times when you could buy , in the Netherlands, a so called 'strippen kaart' , that you'd use to travel wherever in the Netherlands. The whole changed system , with checking in/out with an OV chipcard S*%KS big time. I don't live there anymore , but when I travelled to there it was horrible. I barely used public transport to go anywhere as a result. While , in the past, I would travel all over the Netherlands.
But this is what they want off course. They don't want us travelling. They want us strapped to our work laptops and stay at home , or at most within 15 minutes from home, the rest of our miserable existence

edit on 15-5-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Read the other day they're going to the same system in NYC.

The handwriting is on the wall really.......don't leave your hovel without your cellphone and it best be turned on or you'll be denied access to much of anything and will probably be picked up by the copperage in a van and hauled off to central lockup to verify your identity.

The only upside is I'd guess before long the "watches" will be 5G as well, transmitting GPS data and will have the encrypted biometric identity data. Beats having to carry about a clunky phone.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Read the other day they're going to the same system in NYC.

New York state is not ready to launch an mDL which means New York City couldn't do their own.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I agree they want to limit us, the push for electric cars, must have your phone with you at all times.

I want the freedom to travel anonymously.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sadly it’s a losing battle, to get access to services, you need a smart device, and an app.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

www.pcmag.com...

Different system.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yea and Google is going to "passkeys" that work from either your thumb print or your face by way of facial recognition.

It's just a matter of time

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm well aware of the MTA's SOFTPoS payment system, I helped work on it. What it isn't is an identification system.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Next it will be like the entrance to gataca,(the movie) where the gate takes a small blood sample and if deemed worthy they let u in.

F this world.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmm, interesting.

I was thinking in terms of this article.
www.pcmag.com...

It would seem to me that when you pay using you're phone, they would have to know who's making the payment....they debit the user's credit card.

Don't get me wrong, I see the roll out of the Panopticon, particularly in the cities, as probably the only answer to the rising crime problem in the era of de-fund the police. If you object to being tracked, monitored and observed anywhere and everywhere you go "in public", then stay out of the cities. They already have much of that set up in London. There's no expectation of privacy in public places in urban areas. Once you step out the door, you step into the grid of the continuous surveilance and tracking system.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
I was thinking in terms of this article.
www.pcmag.com...

It would seem to me that when you pay using you're phone, they would have to know who's making the payment....they debit the user's credit card.

You don't, the only thing you need is to have an NFC connection for EMV verification. The liveness aspect, if you have it on, is handled by the device's security protocols, e.g.; Apple's facial recognition software.

There is interest by retailers to have a Digital ID tied to purchases for return/theft/rewards tracking purposes which is a different standard and does not require you to share more than who it is doing the purchasing, not all your personal data.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Sadly it’s a losing battle, to get access to services, you need a smart device, and an app.

Nothing remotely like what is being described would ever be tolerated in 96% of the counties in US — this is why there is a 2nd Amendment.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

except those places that will..

this is why it feels we are heading for another reformation.. the west as a modern papal Christendom about to rip itself apart..

i find graffiti interesting around here the kids deface with anti digital/anti wef slogans though first time in my I see they include pro Christian slogans.. easy to see what the youth think of as being anti establishment.. and that they are pivoting to dumb phones says it all..

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

except those places that will..

this is why it feels we are heading for another reformation.. the west as a modern papal Christendom about to rip itself apart..

i find graffiti interesting around here the kids deface with anti digital/anti wef slogans though first time in my I see they include pro Christian slogans.. easy to see what the youth think of as being anti establishment.. and that they are pivoting to dumb phones says it all..

The best evidence we have for wether say 96% of the counties in the US will comply with any given attempt to restrict behavior in the future is what those counties did in 2020-2021-2022.

For the most part all of these counties, engaged in reasonable precautions in April and May of 2020 and then over the next 90 days discarded both all precautions and all pretense to precautions.

The only people that wore masks wanted to. The % of the population that took the mRNA shot was less than 50% and highly concentrated in Medicaid and Medicare recipients (indigent and old), no one hid in their house (except for a small minority who disappeared for a couple of years and behaved as if they lived in LA or NYC.)

I never heard a single request to wear a mask. No one ever asked whether I had taken the shots, except friends and family who wanted advice.

I did not find a single business that was closed outside of urban cores, that was not a national conglomerate (such as movie theaters).

I experienced no limitation of movement.

And my experience is not unique — it is the experience of the majority of people in the majority of the country.

To those who refused to comply, unless they were unlucky in their employer, their mobility and their place of origin, this group experienced zero negative impacts for those 3 years and also did not perceive a pandemic actually happening.

If someone tried in the future to lockdown counties in the southeast, Texas, southwest, Rockies, etc. outside of a handful of major cities (LA, Phoenix, Houston, Denver) everyone wouldn’t merely not comply, they’d start shooting and this is a group of tens of millions of people, the largest and most well armed group of people in human history.

I can assure you with complete confidence this would be the only outcome of attempting to lockdown the primary geographic mass of the US.

Nobody even hides this sentiment in these places - it is openly and widely discussed in public with complete certainty of the action and outcome, again among tens of millions of US citizens.
edit on 19-5-2023 by JohnTitorSociety because: Typo

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Victoria has now become the tracking state.

Big brother is here.

www.theage.com.au...

mexico was gonzo years ago, they signed onto belt and road way back. all democracies are doomed once the populace realises they can vote themselves free money

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join