It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen X has Generational Trauma and it Shows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cant forget that this generation of kids was born on a cell phone and internet. They have grown accustom to instant gratification thanks to the internet. Everything is done in real time and everything is at their fingertips. With that said, bullying has increased dramatically with the use of cell phones and this generation of kids would rather record an accident then try and see if anyone needs help. As far as being educated, thank the internet for that too. Kids do not want to think problems through, they would rather get answers from the internet where they are readily available. They will have a harder time navigating life in their early years because everything is so expensive v. the wages they will be paid. I do give our generation of kids now days for being very creative and always questioning everything. This generation of kids are more inclusive of groups and are able to accept them .

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most of Gen-X were not raised by boomers, but by those born before or during WWII, and that was why there were so few, demographically. Maybe some were born to the early boomers when they were really young, but Gen-X was in popular culture by 1990/91 and was referring to people who were already adults, not ten years old.

IDK, the definitions of that generation has shifted the past few decades. When that Coupland book came out, I thought I was maybe at the tail end of Gen-X, now I'm supposedly one of the older ones?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
You never heard of "Sparing the rod and spoil the child?" That has been true throughout history.

What that actually meant was giving a child a wooden staff like object and after they quit using it ask them what they liked about it and didn't like about it. Then based on the answers put an attachment on the end of it and off they went again until they stopped using it and then ask the same sort of questions based on the tool given... etc etc until they wouldn't put it down.

Not doing that with you child was considered ruining them... because in the end of that they had a livelihood based on whatever the attachment to that rod was.

It had nothing to do with taking up a rod and beating them like an animal with it.

edit on 9-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: fix quote

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join