It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird particle that remembers its past discovered by quantum computer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

It was just the idea that inanimate objects, or in this case particles, can have a memory or make a record of events, this is like what I had thought of psychometry. This technique isn't scientific of course, but the idea seems similar. I was introduced to this idea during the 70s ESP craze by a psychic who was really good at reading objects.

ETA: After remembering that stuff, I recall believing that it was shared electrons that was the mechanism behind psychometry. All this was eons ago, this thread just brought it back up so I shared that thought.
edit on 12-5-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Thanks, that does help to give some context to why you posted the link.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Just a link? Nothing to say?

I suppose it's expected on a conspiracy site like ATS that someone will try to inject something generally considered to be pseudoscience like parapsychology into a science thread, though some documentaries on the topic are entertaining.

Today, parapsychology is not taken seriously by most academics. The magician and skeptic James Randi has offered a million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions; many have tried to claim the prize, but to date no one has succeeded.

And nobody ever will succeed.

I'm not quite as skeptical as that about parapsychology, but still pretty skeptical; the author makes some good points. Thinking about parapsychology can make us think about science and what science really is, as the article describes.

Thinking about thinking can do some pretty crazy think.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This Universe is a SIMULATION. The MATRIX we are trapped in is Exposed: "Grandpa Dreamed of Heavenly Rest: He Got Demonic Hell and Forced Reincarnation" odysee.com...@SergeantSchultz:2/GRANDPA-DREAMED-OF-HEAVENLY-REST.-HE-GOT-DEMONIC-HELL-AND-FORCED-REINCARNATION:2

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

We are trapped in a Simulated Universe controlled/projected by a Parasitic Sentient Artificial Intelligence: The Matrix A.I./Demiurge only renders what you are Currently Observing..
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join