It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grumpy Old Man in Hollywood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Another liberal starts to wake up and see what's happening with DEI.

Richard Dreyfuss is grumpy about it all now. He recently got asked about the new DEI standards for Oscar films and let loose:

The anchor stated, “Starting in 2024, films will be required to meet new inclusion standards to be eligible for the Academy Awards for ‘Best Picture.’ They’ll have to have a certain percentage of actors or crew from under-represented racial or ethnic groups.”

She asked, “What do you think of these new inclusion standards for films?”

Not holding back, Dreyfuss declared, “They make me vomit.”

The fun didn't stop there though. Dreyfuss went even farther. He called acting an art ... how dare he? He's getting roasted now because he referred to Laurence Olivier playing Othello, and he dared say that Olivier, who did it in Blackface, did a brilliant job of it.

The nerve!

He stated, “Lawrence Olivier was the last White actor to play ‘Othello,’ and he did it in 1965. And he did it in ‘Blackface.’ And he played a Black man brilliantly.”

He conveyed his point with a few rhetorical questions, asking, “Am I being told that I will never have a chance to play a Black man? Is someone else being told that if they’re not Jewish, they shouldn’t play the ‘Merchant of Venice?’ Are we crazy? Do we not know that art is art?”

I'm sorry, Richard, but no, we no longer understand that art is art. You no longer get to act the full range. RDJ was probably the last man to ever get to play in blackface in a major Hollywood production and have his career survive. After that, there will be no more going full retard because the that's life the woke live - full retard all the time, 24/7.

It's not all lost though. Dreyfuss may be liberal, but he's also into teaching civics in schools, something that's sorely neeeded. We may disagree on plenty of things, but we can agree on these two issues. And I'll walk beside him here.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The world hasn't been based on merits for decades.
Just "feelz"

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well have any Polish Americans won an Oscar lately, or ever?
If not, where do I make my complaint?
After all, don't they mean that every ethnic group must be included?

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Roman Polanski was nominated 5 times, won once. I'm sure there are a few more. Key word few.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antimony
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Roman Polanski was nominated 5 times, won once. I'm sure there are a few more. Key word few.

Yeah, but Roman Polanski is a special case, a MAP.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I was just being sarcastic, shouldn't have done that -
Trying to make a point that we could all whine and say that our group has not been 'included' - LOL!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Trying to make a point that we could all whine and say that our group has not been 'included' - LOL!

No reason to be sorry Ronnie. Sometimes sh!posting is the order of the day and most of us here appreciate a dash of sarcasm with our drinks of choice.

In the spirit of being inclusive of an underrepresented segment here's a medal

On topic: Dreyfuss, Redford, Dustin Hoffman are old school, classic liberals which is hard to find anymore and they are missed greatly. Good on him for pushing civics instead of the warped version of liberalism that's permeated the political landscape.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Our enduring mission:

To boldly go where all wokesters have gone before ... to full retard and beyond

Beam me up, Scotty. That quasi-fascist Star Trek: TOS universe is starting to sound pretty good.

Cheers

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I find it hilarious that they are calling these minorities 'underrepresented' lol
If anything they are bending over backward to ensure every film or ad has random black people, brown people etc and NO white people.
They if anything , are over represented versus reality.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

Dreyfuss, Redford, Dustin Hoffman are old school, classic liberals which is hard to find anymore and they are missed greatly. Good on him for pushing civics instead of the warped version of liberalism that's permeated the political landscape.

You're not kidding, great to hear some with common sense in this bizarro world that's currently in fashion!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I find it hilarious that they are calling these minorities 'underrepresented' lol
If anything they are bending over backward to ensure every film or ad has random black people, brown people etc and NO white people.
They if anything , are over represented versus reality.

I can't stop laughing! You are so right - lately I am thoroughly disgusted with all the major 'designers' who bombard us with emails every day showing their latest frills and flops, and not one white blonde model 'included' at all -
I have decided I am not buying until I see myself represented!
Not sure if we are being pushed out or phased out, what the heck is going on??

new topics

top topics

join