It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah sure, Get Solar - Now No Capacity To Connect To The Power Grid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
youtu.be...

This technology already exists, has been in use for over 20 years, is cheaper to build than existing power plants, is virtually maintenance-free (literally the prototype has not required maintenance in over 20 years) and produces electricity cheaper than existing technologies.

But we don't use it.
edit on 5/9/23 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ponzi schemes work great here on Earth but you can't explore space with nothing less than the most robust, most efficient power technology available.

Why aren't we using nuclear stirling engines?

Because rich people want to stay rich.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't mean to derail the thread but this was just touched on in the Senate.

youtu.be...

3:50

"I mean, these advanced small modular nuclear reactors have enormous potential"

But they aren't getting any funding!

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thread is a month dead and nobody cares about my posts anyway but I thought this is a great video:

youtu.be...

We have had the technology and means to provide cheap and abundant energy to the country for decades. It's politics that prevent that. Billionaires won't be able to continue being rich if things are cheap and abundant to the plebs.

The ban on nuclear recycling is stupid and is holding our civilization back. It's like if we banned the steam engine in the 1800's or if the airplane was banned in 1950. Why would we step forward into a wonderful world of prosperity and progress when our leaders could just kick us all in the nuts and tell us to stay poor so they can keep being rich?

That's what's happening right now. There is no such thing as nuclear waste it's all nuclear power and we have enough nuclear power in the USA to power our country for the next 150 years.

Rich people have passed laws to make that illegal because they want you to stay poor.

They invaded the middle east in 2001 because they wanted more oil.

They expect your children to fight and die in the next war because they will want more money again too.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh and by the way the recent debt ceiling agreement capped all forms of spending except for defense spending.

I'm not being dramatic. That's the attitude. You are poor and the rich expect you to die so they can stay rich.

The war for resources is completely unnecessary. We have resources in abundance. We could power our civilization with what we already have for centuries to come.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just had solar installed, and its been a game changer for me.

As you might know, here in South Africa, we have been having up to 10 hours a day without power, and predicted to get worse.

I work from home and had an inverter to run my wifi router, laptop and monitors, but the cost of replacing the batteries every 4-6 months at this level of power outage was getting too expensive. And not to mention, I could not run any other appliance.

So. Bit the bullet, and had a 5kw Solar hybrid system installed. Runs everything except geyser and stove. During the day if there is power the house barely uses grid power, and during power outages, we hardly notice it. We plan our cooking around it.

And because I am an ahole, I like to switch on all my lights now at night during an outage, as some of my neighbors annoy me, and their homes are dark. Wife says I am going to hell.

Cant sell back to the grid yet here in Johannesburg, but possibly in the future - Cape Town is implementing this, but the equipment is currently quite expensive.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   
CT regulation:

When there is a power outage in your region you are NOT ALLOWED to power your home with the panels nor charge any batteries with the panels as disconnection from the street feed is illegal AND it may electrocute a lineman working on restoring power to your region.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Solar is a scam.
If you pay $30.000 for a solar system you are buying $8000 to $10000 in equipment and the rest is installation cost.
Because the government is paying part of the cost, the companies are charging a lot more.
i do solar on motor homes and jeeps for camping. i set people up for using ecoflow systems products, and you can have a small refrigerator freezer with ice maker that runs 24/7 off solar. and a solar ac unit with heating and cooling. And never run the engine to run the system.
us.ecoflow.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join