It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England Local elections 2023 - Labour becomes largest party in local government since 2002

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The local council elections in England have been done and dusted. All the results are almost in (224/230 declared) and below is an infographic showing the results, gains and losses (from the Guardian).

It’s pretty dire for the Conservatives and unless some miracle happens – Labour implode or the Tories miraculously get the economy going again, stop the boats, etc. etc., then this could well be what the next General Election results will look like. The elections have to take place before January 28, 2025, so, the Conservatives don’t have much time to stop the ship from sinking.

Prepare to see the worst political slagging match from now on… they’ll pull out all the stops and invent the worst scandals imaginable to try and turn this around.

edit on 5/5/2023 by Encia22 because: I'll change the pic if the final results are in whilst I can still edit the OP.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No one wins in this war.

The progressive elements in the Labour camp are so unbelievably far left, that I fear a dictatorship in no time at all, due to mass social unrest.

They'll promise the Earth and deliver nothing, whilst blaming the opposition for the evils of the day, this is their game.

Labour will massively INCREASE immigration.

Labour will massively increase spending.

Labour will sign onto the EU and ALL green energy policies, no matter how detrimental to the UK. Germany have just shut down their nuclear energy, only to buy it from another country! Lol!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Clearly rigged. Even though Boris is a closet lefty, and even though 'left' and 'right' are really two sides of the same corrupt coin, when it comes to politicians.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just makes me laugh that anyone would think this means anything at all. It DOES NOT MATTER. They’re two sides of the same coin. Parts of the same wheel. An illusion of democracy which is the best we’ve got. All noses in the trough. Few real MP’s. All under the whip. Sides you see. Division. I’m done with it.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
None of the Above.

Party politics is no longer fit-for-purpose.

All local elections should be contested by Independent candidates - people standing on their personal beliefs with no party affiliation.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I live in a small market town (more like a village) in North Lincolnshire. I voted for the 3 incumbent conservative councillors. My sole reason being they have done so much for the town and fulfilled all their promises. The council tax has stayed the same this year as well which is a big bonus along with free parking in the town centre.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Tories made themselves look stupid with all the power games involving the fallen PMs. No wonder the public is unhappy with them.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

People often vote differently in local elections than they do in General Elections.
To be honest I'd be surprised to see as many people vote LibDem or Green in a General Election.

But; The Tories treat ordinary ordinary, everyday people with contempt and completely disregard their wishes and best interests until prior to a General Election when the usual promises of Levelling Up etc re-appear on the agenda.....only to be completely ignored again once in power.

And Labour just take their core traditional voters for granted whilst pushing the woke agenda which is alien to most. They've turned their back on the working classes for support from the middle classes in Middle England and various minority interests.

People feel disenfranchised and even dissociated from the political machine.
Maybe they will turn away from the two major parties at the next General Election....and though they aren't for me who could really blame them?

None of the Above.

top topics

join