It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a great short video on AI and some very sobering thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

its alittle arts i bet for some but the points and thoughts on AI and all that comes with it is in this video and is very entertaining to watch.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Fri May 5 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: takeonlywhatyouneed

The Seizure Warning scared me away.

Maybe you could provide a synopsis?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LizzidPepo

there are no super flihing lights

its kind if a hard video to describe with out seeing it

it is a shot across the bow of the idea of higher offer and a much more wide abelites and 'free will' and its creators

there is no way that some of the ideals of its creators will be the insides of some of these AI's "brain" the these AI's as the creators are parents in a digital way

that would be like saying parents don't help shape a child

its a very good idea to pump the breaks a bit before we create something smarter than us and like the preverbal genie back in the bottle and don't let the silly warning scare you unless you are on the flip of a GM seizure at all times

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: takeonlywhatyouneed
a reply to: LizzidPepo

there are no super flihing lights

its kind if a hard video to describe with out seeing it

it is a shot across the bow of the idea of higher offer and a much more wide abelites and 'free will' and its creators

there is no way that some of the ideals of its creators will be the insides of some of these AI's "brain" the these AI's as the creators are parents in a digital way

that would be like saying parents don't help shape a child

its a very good idea to pump the breaks a bit before we create something smarter than us and like the preverbal genie back in the bottle and don't let the silly warning scare you unless you are on the flip of a GM seizure at all times

Not sure why AI is thought of as the be-all end-all of any certain thing.
Yeah, it’s a massive leap in processing power and data storage. But it’s still the same garbage in garbage out reality that computing and programming always has been.
There are many versions that are created to be anti Trump / GOP. What’s new or important about that ? I’m sure there are some that favor him. Same old thing, basically. A little more juice and they’ve added some weird programming to make it sound self aware.
I guess it’s fun to pretend to be spooked that it’s gonna build bombs and start taking us out.
edit on 5-5-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sorry, I can't watch, it is not short, 57-minutes, and too messy with clips and sound bits jumbled for my old ADD brain.

However, it did spark a new thought for me and maybe for a few of you:

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALIEN AI MEETS HUMAN AI?

It isn't enough for us to wring our hands over what our earthly AI will wrought upon us, (as we are now doing) but plug it into access to an AI that knows the Universe inside out. Then what...?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observer19

Sorry, I can't watch, it is not short, 57-minutes, and too messy with clips and sound bits jumbled for my old ADD brain.

However, it did spark a new thought for me and maybe for a few of you:

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALIEN AI MEETS HUMAN AI?

It isn't enough for us to wring our hands over what our earthly AI will wrought upon us, (as we are now doing) but plug it into access to an AI that knows the Universe inside out. Then what...?

Ah.

A sort of panspermic AI via wi-fi. That is interesting.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I still believe we are a very long way from True AI, perhaps in a 1000 years the singularity will happen, until then it is just clever programming.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

i think there is a proto AI running around in the digital playground.

xfiles back in the 90's and now with their reboot with Mulder and Scully

basically people uploading to a digital life and the only way these people found out they were in a matrix/dead were the fact the stars were never right.

i find it interesting all the men like Musk, Bezos and Gates are telling the world we need to pump the break so to speak.

i think the bottle is open and we cant put it back in, every baby grows up and if the internet is teaching it and what we put on the net via news and web pages like ours and many many others we might be breeding a perverted conspiracy theorist, only this one would know the answers we all yearn for.

possibly the reason for the rush to quantum encryption

new topics

top topics

join