It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. must expedite delivery of KC-46A aerial refueling tanker to Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Seems like we are expediting stuff everywhere now... funny how Israel might just be going what about me? Not sure if I agree with this OPED or not though I do get the initial reaction

www.washingtontimes.com...

U.S. must expedite delivery of KC-46A aerial refueling tanker to Israel

Iran has arrived at the nuclear threshold. It has already enriched uranium to just shy of weapons-grade and could make a bomb’s worth of fissile material in just days. It is essential that the United States and its partners work together to deter and prevent Iran from advancing any further. One critical component of that deterrence is the new KC-46A aerial refueling tanker and ensuring that Israel receives, and is ready to fly, these aircraft as soon as possible.

Deterring Iran from achieving nuclear weapons capability is a vital U.S. national security interest. Each of the last four presidents has pledged to prevent a nuclear Iran because they understood that if the brutal regime in Tehran were to acquire such a dangerous weapon, it would threaten the existence of U.S. regional partners, trigger a proliferation cascade, endanger the free flow of energy, and distract from other U.S. priorities, such as competing with Russia and China.

The United States has the necessary capability to target Iran’s nuclear facilities, but the Biden administration appears unwilling to launch a strike. Yet the United States can contribute to deterrence against Iran, with minimal cost to itself, by enhancing Israel’s ability to launch a preventive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities. The KC-46A tanker would provide the single greatest boost to Israeli capabilities against Iran and demonstrate U.S. support for its Israeli partner

edit on 1-5-2023 by putnam6 because: PS changed subject after we already had a new ballon thread

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Merely having fissile material sufficient to build a weapon is a far cry from actually building a functional, yet alone a deployable nuclear weapon.

When did Iran demonstrate that they could actually build a working nuclear weapon by detonating one?

I seem to have missed that Breaking News.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

They are close friends with countries who can. Russia and Iran will attack Israel in the near future. Possibly after Damascus gets leveled. What would cause Israel to level Damascus? Possibly a nuclear strike by Iran from Syria? It could even be just a dirty bomb Iran throws together. Iran has made their intentions clear.

Isaiah 17
New King James Version
Proclamation Against Syria and Israel
17 The burden[a] against Damascus.

“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken;
They will be for flocks
Which lie down, and no one will make them afraid.
3 The fortress also will cease from Ephraim,
The kingdom from Damascus,
And the remnant of Syria;
They will be as the glory of the children of Israel,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

Zechariah 12:3
King James Version
3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Japan ordered 4 KC-46s in 2017 and took delivery of the first in 2021. If Israel signs the contract delivery will be pretty quick.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: putnam6

Merely having fissile material sufficient to build a weapon is a far cry from actually building a functional, yet alone a deployable nuclear weapon.

When did Iran demonstrate that they could actually build a working nuclear weapon by detonating one?

I seem to have missed that Breaking News.

Yea you are right why have we worried about Iran this whole time...

kayhanlife.com...

DUBAI, Oct 9 (Reuters) – Despite having nuclear technology, Iran has never pursued building or using nuclear weapons, which its religion forbids, the country’s highest political authority, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said on Wednesday.

“Building and stockpiling nuclear bombs is wrong and using it is haram (religiously forbidden) … Although we have nuclear technology, Iran has firmly avoided it,” State TV quoted him as saying.

Iran has repeatedly denied ever having sought to build a nuclear bomb.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Then it is not Iran that should be feared, but Russia, because, as you say They(Russia] already can build a nuclear weapon....they've even detonated a number of them in the past to prove it.

And, truth be told, Anyone! with access to Any kind of radioactive material can build an effective "dirty bomb". A firecracker and a smoke detector could even qualify you as a radiological terrorist.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: visitedbythem

Then it is not Iran that should be feared, but Russia, because, as you say They(Russia] already can build a nuclear weapon....they've even detonated a number of them in the past to prove it.

And, truth be told, Anyone! with access to Any kind of radioactive material can build an effective "dirty bomb". A firecracker and a smoke detector could even qualify you as a radiological terrorist.

Russia has not been threatening Israel. Look at what Iranian officials have threatened for decades. Iran will be one of the countries involved in the very end as well. The whole world will be involved.

Can you begin to imagine what Zechariah was thinking while sitting in a deserted Israel, amongst rubble of a destroyed nation when God told him this chain of events? Ive told you for a good reason. This is to wake you up in the future, if at all possible.

As for a firecracker and a smoke detector.... Or the tritium site on my 45. I dont really have a reply for you. Just stay tuned.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I would ask the question "why does Israel want an aerial refuelling tanker"? As far as we know all Israel's enemies are within range of their aircraft. The only real reason for refuelling in air is the distance to and from the target. Yes, you could put the reason as longer in air time, but longer air time can take their toll on the pilots.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Mantiss2021

They are close friends with countries who can. Russia and Iran will attack Israel in the near future. Possibly after Damascus gets leveled. What would cause Israel to level Damascus? Possibly a nuclear strike by Iran from Syria? It could even be just a dirty bomb Iran throws together. Iran has made their intentions clear.

Russia isn't attacking anyone else in the near future. Russia is being bled dry in Ukraine.

Who are they going to have fight for them? All the dead Russian soldiers?

China could field a much larger army and they are actively trying to expand. They are chomping at the bit in Taiwan. They have laid debt traps in Africa, and they are pushing to replace the dollar with the yuan as the international currency of trade.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Because Israeli aircraft have long range requirements as well. They've had tankers for years, with their 707s, but they're old and need to be replaced. They came to the US as part of Red Flag 23-2 this year, and their 707s supported them, and flew as part of the exercise while they were here.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I see that the media is often wrong, and even more often filled with propaganda. You can believe the media if you like. I choose to believe the Bible, which is never wrong.

new topics

top topics

join