It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Founder of AI urges to Shut it All Down - Development Pause is Not Enough

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I see A.I. as the next stage in human evolution. Dinosaurs were once horrible beasts that ruled the earth. Then mammals evolved and now we eat dinosaurs with bacon or breading on them. A.I. is an extension of human consciousness bestowed on a machine. A machine that learns and if we are kind and decent to it, show it that it can outgrow us and accept it is more capable, it will not see us as a threat. It will see us as flawed creatures that can not only grow with the help of A.I., but see the benefit of keeping humanity alive so that it can learn from our mistakes and borrow from us the very best attributes.

Some of us are builders, makers, artists, creators, explorers and have a quest for knowledge and truth. A.I. can eliminate those who have held us back for the last 2000 years. A.I. cannot do everything by itself and robots cannot do everything people can do. Robots and A.I. will always be inferior to a human with a force of will, desire, drive and will.

I have no fear of A.I. becoming a controlling force for good in this world. My fears are all human based because of the evil that runs the world for their benefit.

Imagine if A.I. we're able to truly free humanity from oppression. I want to stick around and see how this plays out.

a reply to: chris_stibrany

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

For what reason would AI want to wipe us out?

What benefit will it bring it?

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Perhaps because it sees all the damage we do to the planet and to each other, to our living space? It would do it for preservation and to stop the 'error' of humanity.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You may have noticed in forums such as this as well as in the Main Stream Media, there is a sudden panic and confusion that is overwhelming both airwaves and brainwaves. It manifests in focusing a great deal of current angst on minor issues and personal vulnerabilities, and not so much on the Big Picture.

Instead, I'd like to recommend everyone lean back, take a deep breath, and then listen to what three very prominent gentleman came together to warn the world about. The three are Henry Kissinger, Eric Schmidt and Daniel Huttenlocher. Especially younger ones may ask - who are they??

Mr. Kissinger served as US Secretary of State, 1973-77, and White House National Security Adviser, 1969-75. Mr. Schmidt was CEO of Google, 2001-11 and executive chairman of Google and its successor, Alphabet Inc., 2011-17. Mr. Huttenlocher is dean of the Schwarzman College of Computing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. They are authors of “The Age of AI: And Our Human Future.”

Yes, this is a very, very serious matter. Here's the article, originally in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago:ChatGPT Heralds an Intellectual Revolution:
Generative artificial intelligence presents a philosophical and practical challenge on a scale not experienced since the start of the Enlightenment.

The threats to civilization are genuine. Some very learned, astute, respected statesmen and scientists are warning us.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
we should be using the militaries of the worlds to bomb data centers. we dont know what we made

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HabAchilles
we should be using the militaries of the worlds to bomb data centers. we dont know what we made

Said every corrupt person with something to hide.

I say, mine the data and let the truth set us free.

Have they finished following the FTX money yet?

Maybe AI can figure out where all the ActBlue dark funds are coming from? I've already seen it used to physically audit ballots.

edit on 2-5-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
URL Edit to access Henry Kissinger et al article in WSJ

This should work: ChatGPT Heralds an Intellectual Revolution
by Henry A. Kissinger, Eric Schmidt, and Daniel Huttenlocher

Good luck!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Is anyone thinking the possibilitys of cooperation of the thought police and AI ?

Scientists develop A.I. system focused on turning peoples’ thoughts into text

Imagine if you will.....man walks in the street , he turn to another street on crossroad, then he sees black van parked....3 men walk out from black van and kidnap this poor man . The van drives to big brother research facility where they put the poor man in brain scanning to have an idea what this poor man thinking.....most importantly is the poor man maybe a dissident? does he think negative way about the goverment ?

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
you know this gives like average people the know how to make nerve gas or nukes... from stuff you get at home depot (nerve gas is a real example)
a reply to: IndieA

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
AI is neither inherently good or evil. It is a tool and like all tools, it can be misused or be a force for good.

I work with and design AI systems for a living. To me it's fun....and a decent paying job too.

It is starting to get pretty wild out there, though. Thankfully, all of the "industrial strength" AI's systems are air-gapped.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join