It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ron Desantis Just Announce His Bid for President?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
DeSantis did not do well in Japan. And the trip crystalized an issue DeSantis has -- he is a scripted politician. He only does ok when he has a script in front of him and everything is rehearsed, and the room only has people he approved of and they stand exactly where he wants them to stand.

If all of this doesn't happen, he has a really "odd" time. He doesn't connect well to people, he acts weirdly. And he has absolutely zero charisma when he's being himself and not smiling on cue.

A lot of people may not like Trump as a person, but he does have charisma. DeSantis is quickly going to realize his lack of personality will be a bigger issue against Trump than he anticipated.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

It is only because it is only covered locally so you will not see it on the national news, Instead of calling people dum dums and fake news.
Desantis has gone off script a lot of times against journalists trying to get gotcha moments and he usually slaughters them with out the petty name calling.
He usually spars with the press at almost every press conference here.
He is faster, smarter and more calculating than Trump IMO Look what he did with Disney he didnt do a press conference calling them horse face and fake news, He gathered some people together and came out with a sledge hammer back at them.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

You are right. He usually does. He is actually still doing it in Florida with press conferences. However, when he gets outside of Florida he is very scripted and concise. Stays on target too much with politician speak. It sucks to be honest because I really like him but he should not run for office in 2024. Just my 2 cents on him.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Notice that there is no journalists sparring with him out side of Florida? I think the left doesn't want to elevate him over Trump because Trump will bring their base out just to vote against him.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Even here on ATS the GOP ticket is split. Not the greatest way to instill confidence in "potential" republican/independent/libertarian voters.

There' also a negative side....
edit on 25-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AllAnIllusion

Maybe "Ham Sandwich" should go on the ballot. Could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: justmeonly

P.A. did elect an actual dead person a long with a brain dead person
edit on 25-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

If DeSantis does not Forget about Running for President , the Republican Party is Doomed in 2024 . The Dems Will Win by " Divide and Conquer " Again...........

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: TonyS

Did Ron Desantis Just Announce His Bid for President?

Who cares?

Biden has announced. That's all that really matters.

That’s kinda the point. Anybody but Biden PLEASE!

Biden is already programmed in Dominion to win. It's impossible for anyone else to win.

It happened the first time around and will happen again the second time around, that is if the old fart doesn't kick the can.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just another tactic by the slimy RINO consultants (Never Back Down SuperPAC) that used to work for Ted Cruz back in 2016.

The Truth About Pro-DeSantis SuperPAC "Never Back Down"

debbiedooley.substack.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
So I’m sitting here having a lazy morning. I’ve got The Unxplained with William Shatner (History Channel) on in the background. A commercial just came on ‘Ron Desantis for President’. With a slogan of ‘Never back Down’ or something along those lines.

I’m trying to find it on the webs and can’t find anything. Should have pulled out my phone and recorded it.

I know I just saw it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Clearly someone wants to force Desantis into saying something he isn't ready to share, or worse, into scrapping any designs he had by sparking public debate and outrage.

🙄

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Current Florida state law Requires a Governor to resign if they campaign for another office.
The state legislature is working on changing that right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It doesn't matter who the GOP nominates unless they can repair the split between MaGa and Rinos. Who would want to contribute campaign money to a party that's so divided and destined to continues to tear itself apart ideologically?

The corpratacracy demands consistency.

Not to mention the abortion cluster ****!! The dembs could run a yellow dog and win. Did the yellow dog reference go over your head....look it up!

Rinos can't stop the vote. Who are the Rinos? Just some people in congress trying to keep the money coming in.
It's only time. They'll be gone.

There are only 2 sides now, MAGA, or men in dresses.

edit on 25-4-2023 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

He is getting up there in age, anything could happen.
He has his son, the smartest person he knows making
him older every day.

Hunter has been ordered to appear in a contempt hearing
in person, since he has been refusing to reveal his crack
pipe art earnings. I'm sure that just tickles joes leg hairs.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
6.16.2023 - Update -

DeSantis is down to 15% approval amongst Republicans.

Source: gettr.com...

He shouldn't run...unless he just wants the exercise.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: olaru12
It doesn't matter who the GOP nominates unless they can repair the split between MaGa and Rinos. Who would want to contribute campaign money to a party that's so divided and destined to continues to tear itself apart ideologically?

The corpratacracy demands consistency.

Not to mention the abortion cluster ****!! The dembs could run a yellow dog and win. Did the yellow dog reference go over your head....look it up!

Rinos can't stop the vote. Who are the Rinos? Just some people in congress trying to keep the money coming in.
It's only time. They'll be gone.

There are only 2 sides now, MAGA, or men in dresses.

Actually 3 sides....don't count the neocons out. They are a force even if they don't puff out their chest and wave banners. It's still "all about the money"...and the neocon/MIC has plenty!!
edit on 16-6-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sunday, 1.21.2024

Today, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ended his run for U.S. President, and endorsed his (now former) rival, Donald J. Trump for the Republican 2024 nomination.

See this New ATS Thread for more: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Timing is good, because the citizens of Florida want him back ASAP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join