It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some very weird stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It appears by dropping a walkman in a toilet, then switching the thing back on, messages clearly spoken were observed when it decided to play the tapes backward. So from then on the guy who dropped it decided to carry out further investigations on people in high office who could put coherent sentences together, and then play what they said backward. He came to the conclusion that at some stage during the verbal reasoning process. The subconscious mind seemed to play a trick and install coherent sentences which came out clearly if the speech was electronically reversed.The CIA became very interested as anyone would, as the reversed transcripts sentences, seemed to be the truth of the forward-playing original statements ushered by many high-ranking individuals. This vid gets really interesting when, a few remarks, from Bush and Martin Luther King, get reversed, that's after the segment about the Beetles. Lee Harvey Oswald gets his famous words reversed and hey presto we have a very weird very little-known effect occurring, which might have some interest to members, who will have to agree that something strange is being observed.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
It appears by dropping a walkman in a toilet, then switching the thing back on, messages clearly spoken were observed when it decided to play the tapes backward. So from then on the guy who dropped it decided to carry out further investigations on people in high office who could put coherent sentences together, and then play what they said backward. He came to the conclusion that at some stage during the verbal reasoning process. The subconscious mind seemed to play a trick and install coherent sentences which came out clearly if the speech was electronically reversed.The CIA became very interested as anyone would, as the reversed transcripts sentences, seemed to be the truth of the forward-playing original statements ushered by many high-ranking individuals. This vid gets really interesting when, a few remarks, from Bush and Martin Luther King, get reversed, that's after the segment about the Beetles. Lee Harvey Oswald gets his famous words reversed and hey presto we have a very weird very little-known effect occurring, which might have some interest to members, who will have to agree that something strange is being observed.

I can't watch the video right now but it sounds like you're talking about David John Oates. I listen to a lot of old Art Bell shows and he is on a few of them reversing speeches by Clinton, NASA officials, etc they are really interesting and sometimes amazing what they seem to say (or admit) in reverse.

I don't know if it's real or a trick of the mind, but I think it's pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Tones, pitches, sounds.

Played forward or backwards are going to produce some kind of coherent sentence.

Its just using your ears

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'd chalk this up as a sort of audio pareidolia. The tendency to perceive a specific, meaningful sound in a random or ambiguous audio pattern.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Cloak and dagger entities use this technique for any questioning (interviews, interrogations). It's not just about having fun with phonetics or toying with otherwise electronic voice phenomena.

Try it at home by reading lines about one subject, but actively thinking about something else.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

Try it at home by reading lines about one subject, but actively thinking about something else.

I do this all the time. It’s the curse of my ADHD.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
A well known one

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

ADHD can be a superpower in these fields.
Prayin' for ya.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Very odd how I was having a conversation about this very subject yesterday, and in the video is an exact example that was used in the conversation... Weird.

This is gold

Great post! ⭐ 🏳️

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

I do this all the time. It’s the curse of my ADHD.

Yup, takes me five minutes to read a few sentences, over and over, but during that I've planned out my life, designed my next project, and worried about something unnecessarily. May or may not remember what I read.

If it's not paradoleia maybe there's a lot in people's voices like tone and hesitations etc. that can be instinctively picked out if the listener's mind isn't confronted with words which become so familiar that we hang a lot of personal meaning on.

Just watched some of the video... stuff about the moon landing is interesting. Guilt seeping through perhaps... listen to the fish.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Great set up and video. Kind of spooky but the Paul McCartney story seemed plausible along with the whole reverse speech. Lots of good stuff, I really enjoyed watching the video, nice.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Tones, pitches, sounds.

Played forward or backwards are going to produce some kind of coherent sentence.

Its just using your ears

"Paul is dead . I buried Paul"
The one that started all the play it backwards stuff .
(If you don't remember , I ain't a gonna tell you)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

He's still around.

Been on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis a number of times.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is all bunk. I ain't buying it. I never did except the few times it was done deliberately, mostly just to piss off the haters of Rock and Roll. The Plasmatics did it best with "The brainwashed don't know they are brainwashed" and Iron Maiden did a solid by saying "Don't mess with things you don't understand".

Hell, I used to mis-hear lyrics FORWARD let alone try and decipher the crap backwards. It's just insanity, you can make someone hear anything if you try hard enough.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

That's certainly a common perspective.

But even that doesn't stop the gov't from spending time, money and human resources in using and investigating it.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I would think if the reverse listening, had context linked to the forward recording, then the chances of that occurring randomly are pretty far out.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Our brains are very creative and when faced with uncertain patterns of sight or sound we tend to see or hear what we expect. We will auto-fill details to complete an image when not all the pieces are present. In other words we can lie to ourselves very convincingly.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Then all the sounds interpreted would be subjective and different to various individuals, I.E. the statements heard in reverse should be all different as heard by the various observers..

new topics

top topics

join