It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem Coworker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
There is "sympathy" for anyone's condition and there's "sympathy" that can get you to losing your job. It seems like this woman is using her condition to get her own way, oh yes, she's dying. As a line from a movie I watched "stop whining about people in your life that's died cos everybody has got somebody in their life that's died, it aint special".

If I were you I would approach your superior and give them a heads up what's happening because if they don't know it could blow up in your face and get you fired. Maybe approach them and get her transferred to another department no where near you. Just because she's suffering is no need to make any one else suffer.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Some fair points there Ketsuko. I guess I over reacted a little as it's still a very sore subject for me.

Now I have been for a walk and a think, I can see your side of the issue also.

Apologies for my earlier tone.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

One thing is abundantly clear: she is ill, she will not survive and you will be better to let it all go...until God lets HER go...(Its also better on your personal constitution, to breathe, say a short "prayer" for them, its not forever...and move along!!!) Im sure she's a hassle, but has a reason with some finality to it. Its not forever, and time is not on her side.

From your view, I share your rant. In my case as a Supervisor, I just learned very long ago to try not to judge. Time proves all. If they do their work, dont get write ups, no shows, disciplinary issues, grievances...what the hell? Unless they tick off the whole place...its fine.

Very nice thread today K...but boy! Dear? Its evident this upset you more than it does them! Balance is everything!!!!! Find yours!

God Bless

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Sounds like a royal PITA to me.

I worked with a guy who could do nothing for 8 hours, in an artful display of creativity.
He would spend a good amount of time loading up the truck, gassing up, etc.
Then he would have much difficulty finding whatever site or item needing work.
Then he would have terrible confusion with assessing the problem and the solution/ fix.
Then he wouldn’t quite have the right tools / materials.
Then it would be lunchtime, which would get stretched out by totally necessary conversations with other shops, customers, etc.
In the afternoon he always would have a horrifying encounter with bees or falling down or some kind of odor that made him sick. Necessitating a trip to the clinic.
Then he would have something with HR or legal that he’s allowed to attend.
If you questioned any of these amazing happenings he would love to discuss them just as much as you wanted. All were unavoidable and not his fault, and definitely a HR complaint if you bothered or threatened him about them.
Same thing every day. He may Shuffle things or dream up something new. He may actually accomplish something just to give himself cover.
If he used this skillset on real work, he’d be a superstar.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Far less upsetting if this were the first time, but it's not. It's frustrating in the sense that I can generally tolerate and navigate my way around almost anyone once I figure them out. I just can't do it with this one, and she's on a very short list.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

She probably should not be working but instead try to get her affairs in order.

I have seen many broken things in workplaces, often it is not the correct place to be.

Still sometimes get uneasy when i think about one place.. when i used to have my coffee breaks with a 60 something old man, whose daughter had been chopped to pieces, dismembered by her husband, you could see it in his face that there was no coming back, poor fella could not even come to work by his own, one other employee picked him up every morning and tried to make sure he does not drink too much.

People work too much anyway.

Its no way to live..

carry on.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Lol at bi-polar disorder land comment 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bradders3479

Behaving relatively normal and stage 4 cancer do not go hand in hand in my experience.

I lost both parents and watched them slowly die of cancer. I can only assume that you haven't had to deal with something like that otherwise you would have more compassion and understanding for this lady.

She won't be around much longer so that solves your petty problems and issues with her attitude anyway.

Sorry about your loss, however that doesn't take away from Ketsuko's points. Maybe with her demise looking, this poor soul ought to get right with her Maker, and those around her. Pettiness cuts both ways.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bradders3479

Some fair points there Ketsuko. I guess I over reacted a little as it's still a very sore subject for me.

Now I have been for a walk and a think, I can see your side of the issue also.

Apologies for my earlier tone.

Class, my friend. I tip my hat to you. Still, sorry for your loss. I've been there too.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I feel your pain! Carry on and best to ya

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sometimes the internal pain people have are released on smallest of things. The electric stapler taking the brunt of it all. Is no longer an electric stapler but a symbol of everything that is going wrong in her world. And you didn't fix it. Her choice to work may be dictated by her finances. So it may not be a choice but a requirement to meet bills.

Show her a bit more love and you might find her positively responding to the love. Ask her how her day is going. Put a flower in a vase on her desk.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
are you sure she has cancer? a relative of mine made her cancer up so she could get go fund me monies. but if she does pray for her and maybe try being extra nice to her and see if this changes her behavoir. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Ask her how her day is going. Put a flower in a vase on her desk.

Be nice if someone did that for Ket at the workplace. Herding cats doesn't sound like much fun.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Jumping back in this a.m.....you know? It always happens that they'll get there's one day. For sure.

It's the ole' Forest Gump ideology: " Stupid is as stupid does".....usually wait long enuff, their bow will break. But then again, they are ill( excuses I know, still valid)...

I don't think u made it clear if she changed this way after diagnosis(that could be dealt with)...or was always like this.

I will say as a former supervisor, commander and Team Leader...you have to let people be.

Their time will come...so will yours n mine, you know!? It's easier to smile n chant "OHMMMMMMMM"...and move your own personal constitution along.

You're fine, they aren't. There's comfort and eventuality in knowing...everyone has their time. Don't blow yours by staying angry. It doesn't serve them at all, and only drags you down.

Try...try..not to let infuriating people mess w you. Nod, smile, go on your way. Eventually, they'll be on theirs.....

Peace and Jesus/God/yours...Blessings...MS

edit on 04232030America/ChicagoFri, 21 Apr 2023 08:47:20 -050047202300000020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

If you know, you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join