It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaping the insanity with food and music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I saw a comedian on TV the other night who said she liked to ask people in the audience about their favorite comfort foods. At a show in Wisconsin, she asked a middle-aged couple what their favorite comfort foods were. The woman said fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. The man said "On a Saturday morning, a big cup of coffee and a warm cinnamon roll." At a show in Chicago, a man said "Pizza, with ice cold beer, and cold Coke or root beer as a side beverage." In Los Angeles, a woman in the front row said her favorite comfort food was salad. The comedian said "SALAD? I want to smash your face down into a big plate of mashed potatoes, with lots of butter and gravy!"

Like many of us, I try to eat healthy, but we just gotta have a cheat day(s). Mexican food with an ice cold beer is probably the favorite.

As I type this, I'm about to pour a big cup of coffee. I also have a chocolate donut with maple icing, and a big apple fritter.

I'm cuing up some classical, starting with Edvard, followed by The Brandenburg. TAKE ME AWAY!

Please share your favorite (legal) escapes.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am thinking about a second cup of coffee (Black Rifle Beyond Black - Black Ops is the name of the chocolate bar a different company made with those beans) with some steamed milk frothed with cinnamon. It's raining out and the temps are starting to drop toward the blustery '40s as I type.
edit on 15-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fish fingers, bakes beans and chips (thick cut fries) with a wedge of freshly baked bread and lashings of butter.
OR
Two soft boiled eggs, a hunk of cheese, a chopped tomato, another chunk of bread and butter and plenty of salt.
Oh, a chocolate eclaire!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A big baked potato sliced open with sour cream loaded to the maximum, with a Guinness and shots of Irish whiskey.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 1547302023-04-15T17:47:31-05:00056America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago15 by ditchweed because: Double post

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Very good! Mex & Beer sound tempting. I'll pass on the donuts as I don't really have a sweet tooth, but to apple fritters I won't say no.

As I'm an insomniac, I often need to snack at 3am. Call me crazy, but for the last year, this is my poison.

A big wedge of Gorgonzola.

Drizzled over it, in a lattice style decoration, a dense balsamic vinegar topping. Eaten with a small spoon.

On the side, some finger food.
Porchetta & herbs or Sourcream & Chives flavoured crisps.

And some pickled fiery Venetian chillies.

The juxaposition of flavours and textures often makes me sleepy and I have the wildest dreams.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

The juxaposition of flavours and textures often makes me sleepy and I have the wildest dreams.

I've often wondered if different cheeses promote different dream states. I've only ever had nightmares when eating cheese before bed, but we're talking gouda and cheddar here.

new topics

top topics

join