It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idalou's House of Pleasure .....WSF2023

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It was a small town in the panhandle of Texas in the parking lot of Idalou's house of Pleasure. But little pleasure to be found in that place, stinking of cheap beer and Clorox. Ray K and I were watching the tornado snake across a huge field of cotton and onions. You could smell the onions as the twister tore up the ground. That's how dull it was to find entertainment in watching potentially deadly weather. Ray and I had seen the storm casers on CNN and decided to join in the fun cranking up my beat to sh!t GTO but still capable of 130mph on the flat Texas 2 lane highways. When we got close to the storm the adrenaline started pumping thru our veins along with the tequila shots and beer chasers.

The structure of the storm was beautiful, mesmerizing and with the added spice of a "nader" an odd unreal addiction kicked in. Ray's screaming was mostly unintelligible but for the word "closer" The smell of onions was overpowering but seemed perfect for the surreal situation. The storm was so loud I could no longer hear Ray's screaming but I could hear my own.

The End
edit on 9-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

well done

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow. It paints a terrible thing right up to the point before the terrible thing!

"The onion smell" really formed part of that imagery well.

Nice.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I liked the onion smell. No experience of tornadoes, but I recognise the smells of different sorts of rainstorms coming, nicely done

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nicely done and a short but enjoyable read.

new topics

top topics

join