It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage brewing over plans for China-linked battery company in Michigan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Mighty forward for you to assume that bi...tw...person can read.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The aquifer angle is the best one to come at this from. No one cares if China owns it. But everyone cares about freshwater. That’s why you’re not hearing much about that when you read articles discussing this factory.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The area, Big Rapids, where they are attempting to build this is a small town. If the university there were to not exist, the town would likely be a ghost town. Even the hospital is very small.

Everything around it for an hour or so is rural with small towns and villages.

Just south of Big Rapids is a company called Ice Mountain. They produce bottled water. That water comes from our aquifer as well and many folks are having their wells dry up due to this already.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In all actuality, I would expect the DOD will have a big issue with this and may successfully lobby to nix it.

Very close to a number of military facilities, where a foreign presence (CCP) would not be in the best interest of the US.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
any mention of the pledge to the CCP the employees have to take?

715 mil of taxpayer money?

sounds traitorous. to the state and nation.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
This crap is basically in my back yard and not too far from Camp Grayling. I hate this governor and I will protest this if there is one organized.
You do know that GM & many other huge American companies manufacture things in China , right ?
I hate the CCP & communist , but this is just global business. I will say that the FBI seems to turn a blind eye to Chinese nationalists working all throughout our key industries & tech . Yet America has it’s spy workers in China as well .
Your enemy is the one closest to you !

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SecrettoSociety

I hate to admit you may have a point, but I think that perhaps the Chinese are better at it than us and we would just not try if we we being paid off. Besides, what does China have that our corrupt government officials really want other than the communist system they have to rule over us with.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I hate to admit you may have a point, but I think that perhaps the Chinese are better at it than us and we would just not try if we we being paid off. Besides, what does China have that our corrupt government officials really want other than the communist system they have to rule over us with.
The Western elite don’t want Chinese style rule over us , because they know sooner than later revolution is a consistent facet of communism & when the people rebel in communist countries , it is very thorough in displacing all the old oligarchy.
Western elites want Western ways & free societies that willing hands control over through social media.
The USA already has digital control of most Americans via Facebook , Twitter , Instagram & TikTok.
It’s cool , but it will take centrist ideas to heal the sectarian mess in America .
Imagine a country divided over Trump the megalomaniac vs Biden the supper criminal how sad that two self serving jerks like them are in charge ?

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The Chinese are heads above us in playing games , because America is soft & feminine in rule or overboard nationalistic in it’s fervour to control everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sad points where profits and greed out way what is right.

Is this a rare case of regulations being needed?

How do we stop the rich from taking all the resources and yet still live in a free society?

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Link

Grandholm and Whitmer working against Michigan.

What a disgusting farce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join