It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pueblo County deputy sued for ‘excessive force’ received Purple Heart…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Police in this country are no longer a policing force. They're an occupying force. The Reagan administration found a loophole to get around the fact that troops cannot be deployed on US soil and the government has been going to turn with it ever since.

If we actually counted police in this country as a military, they would have the 3rd largest military budget in the world.

At this point I don't see how it's anything other than a moral imperative to be opposed to the police. Especially when they are gunning down children and getting awarded for it.

Rarely do you see cops speaking out about stuff like this. When they do they usually end up fired, or worse, getting Serpico'd. So that leads me to believe that all cops are bastards, since the supposed good cops remain silent.

And if the government wants to label me an extremist for opposing the boot they use to step on our collective neck, then so be it.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

As a teen in the early 2000's i was a little rebellious and had a few interactions with police and i never got shot.

You are never going to win with a cop like this so the best thing to do is comply and fight it in court later.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: laserbrain1

You're not the first person I've seen comment something like this.

The fact that your options are comply with an officer you know is violating the law or die is a pretty clear indication the system is broken.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Police in this country are no longer a policing force. They're an occupying force. The Reagan administration found a loophole to get around the fact that troops cannot be deployed on US soil and the government has been going to turn with it ever since.

If we actually counted police in this country as a military, they would have the 3rd largest military budget in the world.

At this point I don't see how it's anything other than a moral imperative to be opposed to the police. Especially when they are gunning down children and getting awarded for it.

Rarely do you see cops speaking out about stuff like this. When they do they usually end up fired, or worse, getting Serpico'd. So that leads me to believe that all cops are bastards, since the supposed good cops remain silent.

And if the government wants to label me an extremist for opposing the boot they use to step on our collective neck, then so be it.

What a total load of crap. Neither Reagan Nor H.W. Bush signed any legislation that significantly changed our manner of policing.
You know who did? Bill Clinton, twice.
First, in 1994, he signed a bill passed by a Democrat majority Congress called The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act.
Guess who wrote that bill?
Yep, our very own Dark Brandon.
If you want to inform yourself better, read all about it...en.wikipedia.org...

Then, in 1996 Slick Willy signed a newer version of the National Defense Authorization Act, passed by a GOP majority Congress. This allowed local police depts to acquire surplus military gear, equipment, and vehicles. You can read about it here....www.nybooks.com...

For further proof, go watch some old Cops videos...you know, the show that followed cops in the US around. You can see firsthand the change in police mission statements and tactics from the early episodes in the late 80s through the 90s .
I get it, like a pizza cutter you are all edge and no point, but at least try to use factual information in your edgelord cosplay.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

You seem to have missed a key piece of legislation. The 1981 Military Cooperation with Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies Act.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
660k uniformed police in the United states as of 2021 according to statista, figure every uniformed cope has at least 2 interactions with the public per day over 1.32 million interactions per day, let round down for cops on vacation or sick etc to 1 million interactions per day.

That is 365 million interactions per year, 1055 fatal police shooting in 2021 lets not even break down from there lets assume all 1055 are illegal killings.

now compare the numbers and tell me how cops are out murdering people on a daily basis.

My uneducated opinion is you will find most of those fatal shootings in similar areas scattered around the US, I bet you will find similar socio-economic situations in those areas.

But yea of course much easier to think all 660k cops are corrupt cold blooded murderers.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You mean this law?
en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=The%20Military%20Cooperation%20with%20Civilian,a nd%20foreign%20law%20enforcement%20agencies.

It is restricted to a very narrow scope of circumstances, and an even narrower scope of support that can be rendered by the military, usually in the form of the National Guard.
It isn't an act that so much allows the military to conduct law enforcement as it is an act that allows law enforcement to access military support and bases in a very limited amount of circumstances, i.e. terrorist attacks, ordnance removal and disposal, and large, out of control riots and uprisings...thats it, nothing else. It really has almost NOTHING to do with civilian policing.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
No doubt

I've been to jail(15 days) and i never want to go back so i just comply as it is personally not worth the problems that come with arrests, court, lawyers etc.

Papers please.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I watched the video you posted. Its obvious why these officers were found justified.
He was acting strange, he is a 32 year old. I haven't seen the toxicoligy but he was either really sleapy and scared or on something, either way he appeared to be looking for I.D. randomly in his pockets when he reaced deep into an inside pocket jacket. The police pulled him out and he was not complying. Ya know what, comply and it will be over in a few minutes, don't go all T-rex and scream for your mommy and yell out will full lungs you can't breathe, relax, move how they tell you, get the cuffs on and let everyones adrenaline subside.
WHY ARE YOUNG PEOPLE TOUGHT THEY CAN OUT SCREAM AUTHORITY?

Im so sick of this ACAB B.S.

I want to live in a peaceful world, I'm so tired of the homeless camps the sensless gang murders boys pretending to be girls and anyone who says its unatural is shouted down.

THE LOUDEST VOICES ARE THE LOUDEST BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY ARE WRONG AND THEY HAVE NO REAL ARGUMENT

This is not hate speach, this is how I feel, some one has to stand up to this obvious cop hate bating thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
I watched the video you posted. Its obvious why these officers were found justified.
He was acting strange, he is a 32 year old. I haven't seen the toxicoligy but he was either really sleapy and scared or on something, either way he appeared to be looking for I.D. randomly in his pockets when he reaced deep into an inside pocket jacket. The police pulled him out and he was not complying. Ya know what, comply and it will be over in a few minutes, don't go all T-rex and scream for your mommy and yell out will full lungs you can't breathe, relax, move how they tell you, get the cuffs on and let everyones adrenaline subside.
WHY ARE YOUNG PEOPLE TOUGHT THEY CAN OUT SCREAM AUTHORITY?

Im so sick of this ACAB B.S.

I want to live in a peaceful world, I'm so tired of the homeless camps the sensless gang murders boys pretending to be girls and anyone who says its unatural is shouted down.

THE LOUDEST VOICES ARE THE LOUDEST BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY ARE WRONG AND THEY HAVE NO REAL ARGUMENT

This is not hate speach, this is how I feel, some one has to stand up to this obvious cop hate bating thread.

Everyone wants to live in a peaceful world and yes the dude was probably high and tried to take a pill before they could find it on him, so for that he has to die? Adrenaline is not an excuse, if you can't handle adrenaline then probably best not to take the job. the cop was aware he put something in his mouth and so the cop had to pull him out because lord forbid he get away with taking that pill and them not being able to charge him with possessing it. He was unarmed, and not fleeing, just not cooperating. While I agree if he complied with every command he wouldn't have been shot, simply not complying gives no one the right to murder the guy especially just because he put a pill in his mouth, and was not being cooperative. You don't have to hate the cops to know this was a bad shooting and not called for. you wanna stand up for good cops then do so, but this one is foul.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

Now THATS interesting! I read probably six different articles to ensure I had the story right and I actively noticed that I wasn’t seeing his age so I assumed it simply confirmed that he was indeed a minor but you say he is 32?! That is so strange. Usually they would want to publicize something like his being an adult and not a child since it draws much less scrutiny. I mean, look at the Facebook page or Twitter of the police department. The tens of thousands of comments being made all say without exception, something along the lines of Pueblo Police are baby-killers, PPD executes children, and so on. So gosh only knows why they wouldn’t make it clear that we’re not talking about a child as we all think we are…

top topics

<< 1   >>

join