It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New medication associated with a 50 percent drop in risk of Long COVID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
NHK Newsline in Japan reports on a new medication to reduce the risk of Long COVID:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

If this initial data trend holds up, national health agencies in many countries will be interested to see if many of the chronic effects of COVID-19 infections can be prevented.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

So COVID is still an issue in Japan?

Tokyo is pulling 1072 COVID cases a day in city of 36 million, is long COVID that big a threat?

edit on 23-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 --- The news reporting approach of NHK Newsline during the 21st century is highly professional. After the onset of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, I followed their daily website and weekday US news reports (via US public television) with great attention, especially during those first years. The only disparity I noticed in their reporting on that subject was that while the TV news reporting was astoundingly specific and accurate, the NHK online news reports were obviously censored; those censored items were lies of omission, not lies of commission.

To date, NHK Newsline's pandemic reporting has been meticulous and prompt. Most recently, their website reported a sudden rise in COVID-19 infections stemming from initially unknown causes. That reporting was checked out by the US CIDRAP academic epidemiology center in Minnesota, USA, and found to be based on accurate data collection and reporting methods.

Japan continues to take COVID-19 infections very seriously. With a rapidly aging population there, and an overall decreasing population trend, they cannot afford to *not* take it seriously.
edit on 2/23/2023 by Uphill because: Added a paragraph.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Wonderful news, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Long covid seems like a unicorn.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
HAHAHA "Long Covid".... HAHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: putnam6 --- The news reporting approach of NHK Newsline during the 21st century is highly professional. After the onset of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, I followed their daily website and weekday US news reports (via US public television) with great attention, especially during those first years. The only disparity I noticed in their reporting on that subject was that while the TV news reporting was astoundingly specific and accurate, the NHK online news reports were obviously censored; those censored items were lies of omission, not lies of commission.

To date, NHK Newsline's pandemic reporting has been meticulous and prompt. Most recently, their website reported a sudden rise in COVID-19 infections stemming from initially unknown causes. That reporting was checked out by the US CIDRAP academic epidemiology center in Minnesota, USA, and found to be based on accurate data collection and reporting methods.

I'm not doubting the veracity or quality of the source. I know MIM has talked about Japan's issues with COVID before.

but 1072 cases daily in a city of 36 million? Is long COVID that big of a threat

In my home state Georgia we are still getting 1363 cases of COVID in a state of 11 million, and we are only seeing about 14 hospitalizations a day for COVID.

Only 56% are vaccinated here in Georgia while Japan has an 82% vaccination rate

why aren't we seeing the same long COVID threat here in Georgia?

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Long covid seems like a unicorn.

Like in the movie "Legend"?

A fake with a wobbly horn but people still convince themselves it's real.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A 50% reduced risk, in a yet to be clinically well-defined condition, without sufficient data to even provide a guess of expected incidence rate.

The Science as performed by drug profiteers.

Take the vaccine to protect you from COVID, the Paxlovid to cure the COVID you get multiple times anyway, then this new drug to stop the COVID that was prevented and cured from having long term effects.

Next we'll have drugs to treat post long-COVID syndrome.

LOL

Congratulations to pharma companies. Immune system function is now a product people will consume on a short-term lease with no buy-out option.
edit on 2/23/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Someone once said that you are turning your immune system into a subscription service.

No doubt

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

A 50% reduced risk, in a yet to be clinically well-defined condition, without sufficient data to even provide a guess of expected incidence rate.

The Science as performed by drug profiteers.

Take the vaccine to protect you from COVID, the Paxlovid to cure the COVID you get multiple times anyway, then this new drug to stop the COVID that was prevented and cured from having long term effects.

Next we'll have drugs to treat post long-COVID syndrome.

LOL

Congratulations to pharma companies. Immune system function is now a product people will consume on a short-term lease with no buy-out option.

50% reduction is pretty good. So if you get it the doctor can just say.... well it was 50/50.

Next will be a drug that reduces climate change.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

COVID is still a 'thing' in Japan, because the Japanese people are so 'polite' they are afraid to be the brave ones and realise publically this is all #e. Hence they are still being insane maskers, taking tests weekly.
They just have to choose to give it up.
We all know what 'cases' mean, here.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 --- on these latest findings in Japan, I tend to wait for the US group CIDRAP to verify any new COVID-19 patterns before I comment on the data: 1. I'm not an epidemiology expert ... CIDRAP is. 2. As Dr. Osterholm has said, this virus and this virus family has posed quite a few surprises ... things the experts did not see coming; so that's another reason for caution in developing opinions. 3. I have worked in health care environments for decades, but remain personally skeptical on prescription medications; basically, within what is called the "medical model," if you take the medications, then you have to deal with the side effects .... there are almost always side effects. My personal health strategy is therefore to work on healthy eating patterns and getting some exercise ... these things can really boost the immune system, for one thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Dude, come on. Covid?
Long Covid? LOL

It's all fake! 100% a scam. They just keep trying to play like it's real and come up with new things for you to inject. Because of FEAR, and not facts.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

COVID is still a 'thing' in Japan, because the Japanese people are so 'polite' they are afraid to be the brave ones and realise publically this is all #e. Hence they are still being insane maskers, taking tests weekly.
They just have to choose to give it up.
We all know what 'cases' mean, here.

I agree I have no doubt, about the Japanese tendency towards decorum, tact, and trust in the government.

But numbers are numbers, certainly, there are more polite intelligent people per capita in Tokyo than in Georgia, which can see 1063 cases a day in a population of 36 million is infinitesimally small.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Are you saying you believe the 'tests' and the 'case number'? Whatever that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

It took me about 2-3 months for energy levels to return to normal. It was similar, but different from past flu episodes. Over the worst of it in a day or two. Tested positive on one test.

There was a lot of effort going into the bioweapon that was released on the public. It was over hyped and mistreated to boost the fear factor and push the vax program. Results from that are hitting a lot harder long term than any SARS-CoV2 strain.

For those that have been vaxxed, long covid makes a convenient excuse.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One thing that might of dragged it out for me is that I lost my spleen a while back. This organ helps filter out bad red blood cells. With that not working I just had to wait until the red blood cells go through their natural cycle of lasting about 3 months before getting replaced.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It's all about generating REAL LONG-TERM SICKNESS. (Long Covid is nothing)

Take the Covid vaccines and contract a chronic disease that lasts for 30 years, then you die.

Medical community made MILLIONS of $$$ off of your 30 years of donations.

new topics

top topics

join