It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanderbilt University deans used ChatGPT to write a condolence letter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A Vanderbilt dean who often boasted about their love of writing was busted for using the bot to compose a sympathy letter. Think about this for a minute. The dean spoke of how important it is to be caring and loving. To make sure everyone is safe and secure in their community. We need to be kind and understanding. We must come together as a community. And since we're talking about a university here, the letter contained a fair amount of woke-speak. "Inclusiveness, diversity, and identity..."

The message contained all the things a kind, compassionate human would say. But it wasn't a human. It was A.I. It was a freaking bot!!!
Vanderbilt is in damage control as I type this. They're even trying to say that the deans actually wrote the letter, with the chatbot 'assissiting' them. Yea, OK. "We're investigating"

Vanderbilt senior Laith Kayat summed it up perfectly:
"There is a sick and twisted irony to making a computer write your message about community and togetherness because you can't be bothered to reflect on it yourself. Administrators only care about perception and their institutional politics of saving face."

Two 'lazy' Vanderbilt University deans are suspended after they used ChatGPT to write 297-word email to students about deadly mass shooting at Michigan State

ChatBOT- using dean said they love to write

edit on 22-2-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I'm sure it's just because he was passionately writing something else that was more important

Talk about some bad press lol

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am not good at spotting those but the use of so many buzzwords in such a short space that had really nothing to do with a shooting at all, like 'inclusive' and 'diversity' and 'creating a space' LOL really felt off to me. 'learn from our mistakes"?! wtf did this school have to do with the shooting.

Shouldn't it be more about things like 'expressing heart break, sorrow' ', offering support' and 'counseling and community' rather than 'creating a diverse space' rofl

pathetic

a reply to: ColeYounger

It seems like their hiring process uses an AI too.. to hire inclusively and diversely and not based on accomplishment...just two female POC who have done their jobs poorly.

link   
So I mean can all the students now use ChatGPT to write their papers? Just to assist them of course.

link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Learn by copying the leaders! lol

'lead by example'

So I would say....yes, yes they can.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just another phony, left leaning hypocrite is academy. The collage world is full of them.

new topics

top topics

join